• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone actually level up the Luck stat?

Do you level up Luck?

• Total voters

Neff

If the game rewards you with crits/drops/steal rates then sure it pays to have at least one character with a good luck stat.

BreakOut

Yeah I always level luck in that game. Luck matters a lot in that game, easily the most important stat. If you don’t level luck then you can’t endure the endgame.

Jaybe

office space no GIF

Luck is hard to balance. Using crit chance as an example, the first point you put into it is not as strong as when you max it out. When luck is no longer random but guaranteed, it becomes too strong.
In some other games where it is just minor loot adjustments, it means little. Or in some other games it might even do nearly nothing notable at all.

Portraying luck is just very hard to do linearly.

Jennings

It depends on the game and the stat's effects. A well-designed luck stat is as useful as any other stat.

7EJs0Rr.jpg

Last edited:

Lasha

Can't you just save scum for that?
You can also use the console to give you money at that point.

I definitely level luck whenever I can just to see what happens. It helps a fair bit when doing a melee only run of New Vegas.

Toots

Gold Member
I do it only as a rp thing, i don't like the idea of playing an unlucky bastard.
But as wise men said in the thread, if done right by the devs luck can be a trememdous asset in your build.

Xane

The only two times I can remember to ever level up the Luck stat:

Ragnarok Online: Gotta get them Assassin crits!
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: DAT STACHE

sobaka770

Banned
In some games it can be an interesting strategy while in others it feels like a gimmick stat.
I don't have time to play through long RPGs multiple times anymore so I usually stick to a more average build, be it magic/str/agi depending on a whim.

Never really liked the idea of a higher chance of getting loot tbh as a mechanic.

Top Bottom