• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone else think that Mario just needs to shut the hell up?

Josephl64

I actually like it. The only two voices I feel would be better if changed are Peach's to her 64 voice, and Toad to his MK64 voice.

Either way Peach's voice is okay and I can tolerate Toad's just fine.

cheez124

i've always loved mario's voice. daisy and bowser jr. have the honor of having the most annoying voices in the mario series

Mario's voice doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Now, Yoshi, on the other hand...

The moment Nintendo gave Yoshi that shitty, awful chipmunk voice, he went from being cool to the lamest shit. It even retroactively ruined Yoshi's Island when they ported it to the Gameboy Advance. I cannot fucking stand it. It's too squeaky, too saccharine. It ruins the whole character.

spacesmegma

Neo Member
Charles Martinet is clearly not Dan Castellaneta nor Seth MacFarlane. His voice fits the character but his acting is clumsy, rough, overplayed.

There's something too deeply joyful and happy about Mario's voice for me to want it to go away. He doesn't shut up, but it's because he's just too happy with his crazy, fun life.

As a few others have and will undoubtedly mention, Yoshi's original voice was way cooler than his current babyish one. Can't stand that voice.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I actually like it. The only two voices I feel would be better if changed are Peach's to her 64 voice, and Toad to his MK64 voice.

Either way Peach's voice is okay and I can tolerate Toad's just fine.

Yes. I agree. Modern Peach comes off as being mentally handicapped.

I do too. Curiously, i also hate seeing people happy. That's the worst, happy people. I hate them so much. And don't get me started on lovey dovey couples.

Glowsquid

I don't mind the "voice acting" in Mario games from the Gamecube onwards, but the voice clips added to the Super Mario Advance ports are grating. Must be the gba soundchip

alf717

I remember getting a phone call from Mario himself letting me know my preorder for Super Mario Galaxy was ready to pickup.

nkarafo

First Sonic needs to shut up. Then everyone else.

The moment Nintendo gave Yoshi that shitty, awful chipmunk voice, he went from being cool to the lamest shit. It even retroactively ruined Yoshi's Island when they ported it to the Gameboy Advance. I cannot fucking stand it. It's too squeaky, too saccharine. It ruins the whole character.
And this. They ruined Yoshi by just giving him this shitty voice. The sfx in the original SNES game were so cool.

Valonquar

VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! - Kain every 5 seconds

It is less annoying than it should be, for whatever reason.

Agreed. It does seem like something that should be annoying, but I've never found it to be. There's perhaps a level of joy conveyed in the tone that stops it from being grating.

Sorry OP. Embrace it.

Edit: Ha, this is a very old thread, and the OP is banned. Cleary their soul was a dark one.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! VAE VICTIS! - Kain every 5 seconds

That was Dyack Kain. That BS was expunged by Crystal D.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I have to wonder how someone can find a 4 years old thread like this one and reply to a post like if it was made yesterday.

I mean, really? How does that happen? Did he search for "Mario shut up" and didn't bother looking at the dates? Otherwise, I have no idea.

BumRush

I have to wonder how someone can find a 4 years old thread like this one and reply to a post like if it was made yesterday.

I mean, really? How does that happen? Did he search for "Mario shut up" and didn't bother looking at the dates? Otherwise, I have no idea.

What's REALLY going to blow your mind is...that post (the 4 year bump) was the first and only post by that member.

Top Bottom