• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone wear gloves while gaming?

jdmonmou

My palms get sweaty which causes dirty controllers and me to make mistakes during intense situations when gaming. I was thinking about getting these gamer gloves, but they seem rather expensive. Does anyone wear gloves and can you recommend me a pair.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

That sounds really uncomfortable, haha. Had on idea Gamer Gloves were a thing.

Meier

What a great reply gif. Perfectly encapsulates my thought when I saw the title. And when I see a lot of posts on GAF for that matter.

With that being said, if you feel like they'd help OP, $35 isn't really that much. I thought they'd be like $150 when you said rather expensive.

Prelude.

mom's spaghetti

I feel like those will make it uncomfortable 100% of the time, instead of that one time you miss a 360 no scope because you're sweaty. Just sporadically wipe them on your shirt, I guess.

CD'S BAR

I don't know about sweaty palms, but half the joy of gaming to me is feeling the texture and grip of a good controller in your hands. I imagine gloves would also diminish the fidelity of your touch.

Heh, can't say I have OP. When I was younger, I got really annoyed with how sweaty my hands were while gaming and bought one of these bad boys:

It seemed like the perfect solution to my problem, but it ended up being terrible. With the fans on high I went from having sweaty hands to goddamn icicles. With the fans on low my hands would still sweat as if they weren't on at all. Since then I've just given up and accepted my fate.

JordanN

Banned
Only during the winter, when I attempt to play my 3DS/Vita outside.

But even then, I still find gloves too clunky to hit a button.

GavinUK86

I don't know about sweaty palms, but half the joy of gaming to me is feeling the texture and grip of a good controller in your hands. I imagine gloves would also diminish the fidelity of your touch.

this theead needs to be marked nsfw

I sometimes use liquid bandage to give myself artificial calluses if I'm playing something with intense button mashing. I've also worn fingerless gloves/arm warmers while gaming when I'm really cold, not sure if they'd help with sweat.

My palms get sweaty which causes dirty controllers and me to make mistakes during intense situations when gaming. I was thinking about getting these gamer gloves, but they seem rather expensive. Does anyone wear gloves and can you recommend me a pair.

$35 for these gloves? they look like gloves at my workplace.. they cost like 2 bucks XD.

Slap "gamer" on top and it`s 35 lol.

Ummm, no, and I'm a very sweaty guy. I'd try a few <$5 work gloves before going with that though.

Gamer gloves lol, they really can slap "gamer" on anything and people will buy it.

Hey now, those "gamer HDMI" cables have extra gold so you get the most throughput for the brightest colors and lower display lag. I actually did buy a grossly overpriced "gamer Ethernet" cable once, but in my defense I was going to a LAN party to play HALO, needed an extra controller, was at Best Buy when I realized I had left my Ethernet cable at home and, well, only port in a storm.

Hektor

How else am i supposed to snack my Gamerfood: Seeds of Destruction while sitting on my Gamer Chair at my Gamer Desk with Razer Branded Gamer Mouse and Gamer Keyboard wearing a Razer Gamer Shirt and Razer Gamer Cap?

0627f7f8be1f29d3597a48de676d0694.jpg

Listen OP, I have sweaty hands too. I don't really use gloves tho because they mess up my skills, but when I really needed to or maybe it was a really cold day, I used to grab some regular cloth gloves and cut the fingers part, that way they didn't annoy me that much to play.

How else am i supposed to snack my Gamerfood: Seeds of Destruction while sitting on my Gamer Chair at my Gamer Desk with Razer Branded Gamer Mouse and Gamer Keyboard wearing a Razer Gamer Shirt and Razer Gamer Cap?

0627f7f8be1f29d3597a48de676d0694.jpg

Are the headphones Gamer Headphones, preferably Razer branded, as well? I'd love to see someone actually play a game like that in a non-advertorial manner.

Top Bottom