• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone wear gloves while gaming?

The IRL version
b6i7iKe.gif
Talk about a badass

On topic, these gloves seem like a scam

Archanfel

I actually found that the Switch gave me a thumb blister while playing Slime San. A glove might be helpful, though I should probably learn how to play with analog. I just hate it for side scrollers.

I sometimes use liquid bandage to give myself artificial calluses if I'm playing something with intense button mashing. I've also worn fingerless gloves/arm warmers while gaming when I'm really cold, not sure if they'd help with sweat.

Listen OP, I have sweaty hands too. I don't really use gloves tho because they mess up my skills, but when I really needed to or maybe it was a really cold day, I used to grab some regular cloth gloves and cut the fingers part, that way they didn't annoy me that much to play.

?
01_heizung.gif

why are some playing in such a cold room that gloves are needed?^^

mhayes86

I was thinking about getting these gamer gloves, but they seem rather expensive. Does anyone wear gloves and can you recommend me a pair.

LOL Gamer Gloves. Throw the word "Gamer" on anything and jack the price up.

No, I don't wear gloves. I would imagine that they would impede my ability to play. Hell, I've tried typing with gloves on when I was cold, and I end up making more mistakes.

eXistor

My hands are actually freakishly dry all the time, so I never had this problem. Everytime I get handed a controller from someone it's all clammy and shit, it's gross, but apparently that's normal and I'm the freak. If I press my hand against a blackboard, nothing happens.

Pila

I'm kinda sweaty and this summer is horrible here in Italy, 40 Celsius like it's nothing, feels like hell really.

I don't use gloves, I just sweat. It's just a controller man and you're not losing games because you sweat. Don't buy "gamerz" scams.

Kacho

Do you suffer from excessively sweaty palms OP?

Like, if your hands aren't sweaty and you think about it too much do the start to sweat?

Luminaire

Only Razer Vyp3r Tactical Gaming Gloves so I can be at the top of my game and bring a new competitive edge to eSports. While other Gamers are dropping and fumbling their controllers from their shaky and sweaty hands, I bring the heat to them thanks to my Razer Vyp3r Tactical Gaming Gloves.

I had a brief time with wearing gloves, but it was because I couldn't stand the fingerprints on the Wii U Pro controller and Dualshock 4. I got over it after about a month.

Keratay

Neo Member
During winter I wear these

34778.jpg

I have poor blood circulation and my hands get cold easily.

Same, I wear something that covers my palms but leaves my fingers exposed (though not because I'm cold)

I used to do it for pc gaming since I have a hard mousepad and rested the heel of my palm on it, which got uncomfortable for those long grind sessions.

Shikoba

No. I do, however, wash my hands before playing my 3DS. Because it's a white console and I'd like to avoid it turning yellowish over time.

I do have some compression gloves I use if my arthritis is giving me shit. They're fingerless and they don't get in the way at all. I also will wear some fingerless hand warmers sometimes if my hands start getting too cold as it can also set off the arthritis.

Do what you have to do in order to make things work for you. Personally, those look a little overpriced and i don't really see how they'd do anything that regular gloves wouldn't but you do you.

Vandiger

I'll sometimes wear weightlifting or workout gloves while playing. Didn't know there were actual gloves for gaming.

Sheytan

Botox injections helps if your palm sweat creates lots of problems in your private life, a friend of mine did it.

Kudo

I've come to learn that many gaffers are still living in the dark ages. I don't understand it either. My house is the same temperature year round.

It's not dark ages if you live in countries where summer is extremely warm and winter is extremely cold, costs fortunes to warm up the apartment to the summer temperatures in winter and cool it down for summer.

Only good use for gloves in gaming I can think of is touch screen rhythm games like MaiMai.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9alqekUPL4

It's not dark ages if you live in countries where summer is extremely warm and winter is extremely cold, costs fortunes to warm up the apartment to the summer temperatures in winter and cool it down for summer.

Yup, pretty much. In my case putting a pair of fingerless gloves fixes it so I don't really mind using them.

Top Bottom