• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone wear gloves while gaming?

Kudo

Yup, pretty much. In my case putting a pair of fingerless gloves fixes it so I don't really mind using them.

I just warm myself up by playing under the blanket.. with Controller under the blanket, I can imagine this would kill Joy-cons signal but all controllers have been fine so far.

PantsuJo

Just this glove
lucas-wizard-power-glove.jpg
Perfection.

And here I thought "Gaming Glasses" was a stupid marketing gimmick. But, gamer gloves, WTF? If your palms/hands are sweaty to use your input devices, shave or wax them. It makes a world of a difference than these ripoffs.

The cherry on top is "GAM3R GLOV3S" though. Feels like 90's l33tspeak edgelords started a new business trend.

shiyrley

Banned
I've come to learn that many gaffers are still living in the dark ages. I don't understand it either. My house is the same temperature year round.
Do you really need to be such an elitist?

I live in the Canary Islands and the summer is fucking horrible here and we only got air conditioning in the living room. Do I live in the dark ages?

Anyway, on some cold days in winter I have played with fingerless gloves. These are fine. I don't do it for the sweat tho.

Jimx26

No,

Sorry op but I lol'd at this line "My palms get sweaty which causes dirty controllers and me to make mistakes during intense situations"

Galang

Banned
I make my guests wear the ones in the OP when they touch my controllers. I don't need people's nasty bare hands touching my stuff. Nobody's complained so far so i guess they can't be that bad. Never tried them myself but being more sanitary is always a good idea

giphy.gif

Your natural hands will give you far more dexterity and tactile feel over something like this. I don't get why anyone would want this besides keeping their hands warm.

jacobeid

Banned
I had a friend do this with all of his fight sticks because of the sweat issue. It's not normal to use glove, but I can see why people would do it (especially in an arcade). No judgment here.

TLS Lex

Best strategy is just to scrub your hands clean then deoderise before playing. I wear surgical grade latex gloves for work and they become gross and uncomfortable really quickly, the idea of wearing something like that while gaming is horrible.

Fingerless winter/ hobo gloves as pictured earlier in the thread could work, but if you already have sweaty hands it's not going to be very comfortable, they'll get hot really quick.

Top Bottom