• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Quality mode ever look better than Performance mode on PS5?

Thanks for taking the time to write out the details. You sit a little closer than me and your TV is a little larger. The comparison was helpful too but I’m still 60 or higher as far as framerate, if I can get it. You lose so much detail moving the camera in 30fps and most games require moving the camera a lot. There are certainly implementations of 30 I can tolerate, but if I have a choice, performance.That comparison tool is really useful though. I love technology sometimes.
Thanks! At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference, but the differences are definitely there.

JuxtaposeJS is neat tool for making side-by-side image comparisons and it really helps with graphics discussion. The folks running NeoGAF should really consider adding it the Approved Sites for embedded media. It's open source, too. I dropped it in a JSFiddle to get in my post, but native support on this site would be ideal.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
30fps games shouldn't be legal to release. Fidelity mode is 1440p/60 and performance mode is 1080p/120.. 4K/30 is slideshow mode - let's all agree on that and get better games in the future. Games that PLAY better, for fucking Christ sake

Top Bottom