• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does SONY pull a "ladies first" going into next gen?

ReBurn

Gold Member
timing can be important but i will never count the wii as a true success due to its lack of third party support, i did however like the innovation and how they saved money using 2 gamecube motherboards instead of creating a whole new set up(the gamecube was a VERY underrated system in the graphics department)

i feel the gaming market is heavily driven by the 24 and up crowd now. so early release imo is not a true deciding factor, but still important. as for 4k who, gives a crap. i cant stand when people start going on about it. im not dishing out the money for 4k until it becomes very cheap and most consumers are very particular about wasting money on any sort of HD type thing. i know now ts normal but back in the day people really didnt care it was the ease of being able to have a large tv you could move easily. anyone ever tried to move a big screen CRT? dont just dont.
Waiting for 4K to become cheap? 4K is already cheap. You can get a 55" 4K TV for $400. It's probably not getting much cheaper. If you want good HDR then you're going to pay for that, but 4K is mainstream now.

When it comes to what drives gaming, early adoption is probably the 24 and up crowd. But a huge chunk of overall revenue comes in Q4 when mom and dad are buying for the holidays. Under 18's tend to have more time to dedicate to playing games, so without a doubt developers are catering to them.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
NO, none are true 4k machines, yet only one machine was touted as such. A true 4k machine only does 4k native....So whoever was telling you that XBONEX was that, lied..I mean the evidence was there, but people chose to believe what was most endearing to them outside of what the tech specs revealed....

Where did Microsoft say this?

NickFire

They should all hold off until the majority of tv content is 4K. I’m not too sure how much is presently, but I haven’t seen many ads and that suggests not too much to me. Reason I say hold out is that will be when everyone starts upgrading their good enough TVs.

Top Bottom