• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Trump deserve the Nobel Prize if NK de-nuclearizes?

Super Mario

Banned
More people need to read art of the deal instead of the usual, shoot from the hip, negative comment about Trump

Last edited:

gohepcat

Banned
More people need to read art of the deal instead of the usual, shoot from the hip, negative comment about Trump

You have got to be kidding me.

It was a joke when it came out and it’s a joke now. It’s a piece of fucking self-help trash that wasn’t even written by the man!

When it came out it was snatched up by every wannabe dirt bag who dreamed of some day living in a gaudy McMansion with a gold toilet.

Papa

Banned
I think the summit will happen at some point. It was never going to be easy with North Korea and with their recent angry posturing, the June summit had to be cancelled. It’s like dealing with a spoiled child: they stamp their feet and go red in the face so you just ignore them until they calm down. The fact that the hostages were released shows me that North Korea was at least somewhat serious about it.

Quoting myself because I guarantee those who were gloating over the cancellation would otherwise ignore it and pretend nothing happened.

H HStallion J JDB G gohepcat

Quoting myself because I guarantee those who were gloating over the cancellation would otherwise ignore it and pretend nothing happened.

H HStallion J JDB G gohepcat

People were gloating because it's funny to see that Trump preemptively cancelled the meeting because he thought they were going to, but wanted to do it first.

Bitches should have just have the meeting, it's not even June yet and he's rubbing lotion on kims back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa

Banned
People were gloating because it's funny to see that Trump preemptively cancelled the meeting because he thought they were going to, but wanted to do it first.

Bitches should have just have the meeting, it's not even June yet and he's rubbing lotion on kims back.

I don’t believe that’s the reason he cancelled it. Like I said, it was part of dealing with a spoiled, petulant child.

Future

If trump could fully pull it off with proof it was directly due to his actions then I’d guess he’d be deserving. I’m too lazy to look at the history of the novel peace prize, and if literally one action in a sea of crap can get people the prize then sure

Otherwise, Trump is way too divisive in general to win any kind of peace award. Non stop tweets disparaging any and all competition. Does nothing but incite pride in his base and frustration everywhere else. His overall message is that if you are loyal to him you reap rewards, and if you challenge him in any way then he will shit on you forever. Nothing about his actions, tweets, and demeanor seem to advocate anything regarding truly trying to achieve peace across party lines, the nation or the world.

NickFire

Congrats to Trump for being an erratic and short sighted! It looks to me like jumping in when everyone else are moving ahead without him.

Lots of assumptions there. How do you know he didn't have concerns about rhetoric coming from NK, and decided to cancel it to send a message that was immediately received?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Lots of assumptions there. How do you know he didn't have concerns about rhetoric coming from NK, and decided to cancel it to send a message that was immediately received?

He has a long history of doing shit like this. Am I supposed to be impressed that Trump of all people did a sudden 180 after a prior 180? I wouldn't be surprised if announced he was flip flopping on NK by next week then again a week later.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
He has a long history of doing shit like this. Am I supposed to be impressed that Trump of all people did a sudden 180 after a prior 180? I wouldn't be surprised if announced he was flip flopping on NK by next week then again a week later.

Nope, it’s just that your blind hatred prevents you from rationally assessing the situation and alienates you from less radical people.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Nope, it’s just that your blind hatred prevents you from rationally assessing the situation and alienates you from less radical people.

Trump flip flopping on topics seemingly arbitrarily over and over has little to do with my opinion of him. It's something he is notorious for at this point whether you love or hate him.

The thing I don't get about so many people hating on Trump's approach to NK is that their worldview and faux pragmatism has failed for decades. So, it's strange to see people eagerly jump the gun and cheer on another failure as if they could do better. As if the people they support could get it done.

NK wouldn't have nuclear weapons capable of hitting the US if they had a clue. Trump wouldn't be POTUS if his critics knew something useful.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
The thing I don't get about so many people hating on Trump's approach to NK is that their worldview and faux pragmatism has failed for decades. So, it's strange to see people eagerly jump the gun and cheer on another failure as if they could do better. As if the people they support could get it done.

NK wouldn't have nuclear weapons capable of hitting the US if they had a clue. Trump wouldn't be POTUS if his critics knew something useful.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no Trump fanboy. He’s quite evidently a Captain Chaos, and I’ve worked with enough of them in my career to know how frustrating they can be. But sometimes a Captain Chaos is the most suitable for a particular task, and evidently NK is more responsive to Trump than any previous US president. Credit where credit is due.

What a lot of these radicalised never-Trumpers don’t seem to realise is the harm they are doing to their own cause by constantly crying wolf. Most people won’t actively engage them but will be gradually pushed further and further away on the political spectrum. This is how the re-election happens.

What a lot of these radicalised never-Trumpers don’t seem to realise is the harm they are doing to their own cause by constantly crying wolf. Most people won’t actively engage them but will be gradually pushed further and further away on the political spectrum. This is how the re-election happens.

I don't think Pres. Trump will get re-elected because of people getting pushed away by the radicalized #NeverTrump crowd.

There's going to be a lot more coordination against Pres. Trump in 2020 given how he was underestimated in 2016. Remember, Pres. Trump took on a lot of different factions who didn't want him to win. In the end, he came out ahead because he won a plurality of the primary vote anyway. Plus, a lot of Republicans preferred him winning over a Democrat being in charge.

I don't see why Republicans would prefer him over the Democrat if he fails big time on stuff like NK. He needs to keep putting Ws on the board otherwise the establishment will probably run a 3rd party candidate.

Last edited:

dolabla

https://nypost.com/2018/06/05/dennis-rodman-will-be-in-singapore-for-trump-kim-summit/

NBA star turned Kim Jong Un soulmate Dennis Rodman will be in Singapore during President Trump’s summit with the North Korean dictator next week, The Post has learned.

“The Worm” will arrive in the country a day before the June 12 sitdown — and sources said he could even play some sort of role in the negotiations.

“No matter what you might think about his presence. One thing’s for sure the ratings will be huge,” a source said. “A lot of times in situations that involve complex diplomacy countries like to identify ambassadors of goodwill and whether you agree with it or not Dennis Rodman fits the bill.”

:D :D :D :D :D

dolabla

Looks like things are moving along nicely:

DfaOg6SV4AEgjCQ

I watched the coverage last night. Pretty remarkable! I don't see why anyone would consider this a bad thing. It was funny to watch mainstream pundits wring their sweaty hands, furrow their brows, and grumble "Well, I'm not convinced this will go off as well as we all hope it will". Geez. Can't even give credit where credit is due, and all for political party loyalty.

JCK75

It will be amusing if peace happens and they decide to pass over Trump and give it to Dennis Rodman..
I just want the people of NK to no longer live like prisoners, and I'd give it to anyone who can make that happen (if the only thing they give up is nukes I'm not satisfied, especially since they were never a real threat there anyways)

3rdman

In a (not at all) shocking turn of events, this ended exactly as I expected
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/01/trump-north-korea-nuclear-deal-may-not-work-out

He sure has done a lot more to earn it than Obama did.
Get that nobel peace prize ready for Trump cause dude is doing it
I watched the coverage last night. Pretty remarkable! I don't see why anyone would consider this a bad thing. It was funny to watch mainstream pundits wring their sweaty hands, furrow their brows, and grumble "Well, I'm not convinced this will go off as well as we all hope it will". Geez. Can't even give credit where credit is due, and all for political party loyalty.
Keep it up guys...I am starting to come around...

44Forever

I think it will be a test for the Nobel Committee. It will be deserved, but will it be awarded? Hopefully NK will denuke and then we will see!

So? Remember when the rumors about Kim cancelling came out, and then Trump said "we won't have the meeting", and all the news outlets threw up their hands and said "Oh no! The meeting will be cancelled", and then less than 24 hours later N. Korea comes crawling to us saying "we'll meet any time, any place!" I thought that was pretty funny. Here we are in a similar situation and yet you're still believing whatever snippets of "f*** trump" news certain media outlets are feeding you. You realize that you're like a Conservative watching Fox News during the Bush era, right? The real world is moving forward all around you yet you're still obsessing over "The Cheeto-in-Chief Tyrant".

I mean, goodness, how can anyone consider the news reliable at this point? We have "reputable" news sites warning about a civil war and how the 1st Amendment is harming our country. This show has turned into a joke and most of the country already knows it's not a funny one.

Last edited:

Hobobaggins

Neo Member

From the original story on NBC

"U.S. intelligence agencies believe that North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons at multiple secret sites in recent months — and that Kim Jong Un may try to hide those facilities as he seeks more concessions in nuclear talks with the Trump administration, U.S. officials told NBC News."

"recent months" i.e. before the summit even happened.

"may" i.e. we have no idea.

*cough*militaryindustrialcomplex*cough*tryingtoprotecttheirsales*cough*

DESTROYA

Yes he absolutely does.
He would deserve it far more than for whatever reason they gave it to Obama , why did they give to Obama? I really can’t remember.

manfestival

Yes he absolutely does.
He would deserve it far more than for whatever reason they gave it to Obama , why did they give to Obama? I really can’t remember.
Obama got the prize for just being elected. He did not specifically take any action that would have lead to greater peace.

Gander

Banned
He is not getting any damn Nobel prize, putting children in concentration camps, getting four green berets killed with his travel ban and making the situation between Israel and Palestine worse as if that were possible.

44Forever

He is not getting any damn Nobel prize, putting children in concentration camps, getting four green berets killed with his travel ban and making the situation between Israel and Palestine worse as if that were possible.
Too early to tell, only time will tell.

DESTROYA

Putting kids in concentration camps????.... stop with this crap rhetoric, Yes I’ll admit the child separation thing was not good but past administrations did the same thing.
As for making things worse between Israel and the Palestine, how exactly did he do this? By moving the US embassy to Jerusalem a move most people in Israel support.

RedSquare

Putting kids in concentration camps????.... stop with this crap rhetoric, Yes I’ll admit the child separation thing was not good but past administrations did the same thing.
As for making things worse between Israel and the Palestine, how exactly did he do this? By moving the US embassy to Jerusalem a move most people in Israel support.

I had to click on your profile to make sure your account wasn't a newly made troll account. How does moving the US embassy to Jerusalem cause strife? Because it's seen as a form of incitement to the Palestinians and previous US presidents were smart enough not to make such bold of a statement that seemed to choose sides as to what the capital in that region is.

BTW, past administrations conducting something as foul as family separation, does not make it OK! "Drump's" administration, led by Jeff Sessions made separating families a standard practice while no previous administration ever did.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Never said family separation was OK let’s just say we’ll agree to disagree on other topics.
Really troll account?OK sure whatever you think.

Last edited:

No they didn't. Google is free.

luigimario

Banned
Past administrations didn't put children in boxes for every immigrant seeking asylum, only those it persecuted for a serious crime. Trump has been putting ALL children thought to be crossing illegally in cages, all due to his NEW zero tolerance policy.

Top Bottom