• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is planning a victory tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is dumb this fool is acting like he won one of the reality talent competitions. I do not think he gets how serious the job of a president is.

Nokterian

adolf-hitler-at-the-nuremberg-rally-1935-c45b63.jpg

fuck off course he would do this..

Trump is like a cartoon character come to life. It's like someone just imagined him into existence. This is bizzarro world shit.

Totakeke

Trump exacerbates the issue that being good at running for president has very little to do with being qualified to be president. The whole process is suspect to begin with but Trump just brings it to another level.

mj1108

Wouldn't be surprised if this is what the next 4 years will basically be: him going around and holding rallies "making America great again", while Pence is in Washington doing everything.

He doesn't really want to be President. He just wants the title and to do anything that will benefit him and his brand/businesses. The only person Trump cares about is himself.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is what the next 4 years will basically be: him going around and holding rallies "making America great again", while Pence is in Washington doing everything.

He doesn't really want to be President. He just wants the title and to do anything that will benefit him and his brand/businesses. The only person Trump cares about is himself.

Like Premium Quality mentioned, this will only go so far before people starts getting fed up with it, starts demanding that he takes the job seriously & do what he has promised about fixing the economy.

Especially for four of the states being Pennsylvania, Iowa, Wisconsin & Michigan who all had voted for him because Trump has promised them manufacturing jobs, etc. If he doesn't start fulfilling, or if they start realizing that they've been fed a lie, they'll start turning against him in '18 & '20 & will go back to voting Democrat out of spite.

Trump's similarity to Hitler needs not to be ignored, here's a quick run down:
- Did not accept the salary as President - like Hitler
- Created fear of and blame of minorities - like Hitler
- Will have nationalistic rallies - like Hitler
- Kept a copy of Hitler's speech near his bedside - probably like Hitler?

Where does this story continue and where does it end?

Has only got one ball.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Do you believe that Trump is literally the second coming of Hitler? Do you take your list of similarities with the same level of insight as the much greater list of differences? There are a lot of things to be worried about with Trump as our next president, but framing him as an actual Hitler is one of the most counterproductive things you can do, if you want to actually convince people that Trump is the wrong person for the job.

Not to mention that it unduly scares the living fuck out of anyone who takes the Trump = Hitler idea seriously.

Do you believe that Trump is literally the second coming of Hitler? Do you take your list of similarities with the same level of insight as the much greater list of differences? There are a lot of things to be worried about with Trump as our next president, but framing him as an actual Hitler is one of the most counterproductive things you can do, if you want to actually convince people that Trump is the wrong person for the job.

Not to mention that it unduly scares the living fuck out of anyone who takes the Trump = Hitler idea seriously.

Having Steve Bannon as his strategic advisor is kinda scary...not gonna lie.

Read some interviews with that guy. He is a Christo-fascist.

I'm less scared of Trump himself than those around him he enables.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This whole thing is just a game to him. Maybe instead of a victory tour he could read a fucking book to prepare himself for leading the free world.

If he does this for a prolonged period of time and I don't hear one peep about him needing to take good job seriously like they did when Obama took a damn three day vacation then this whole country if getting the side eye.

Keasar

I believe we have some concepts of his remodelling plans for New York once he's done with the tour.
On9jP1x.png

Definitely a more personalised look to the Trump Tower.

I know this series was great and all but this was supposed to be a worst case scenario to scare people not inspire them. :p

Seems like he is going to use up a lot of money on this tour! Will probably cut some more welfare programs for the poor as they will be lacking "funds" as he graciously spent it all by giving them the privilege of his presence.

Such a senseless and stupid thing to do such a meaningless tour this early. Need to reassure that your zealots are on your side!

Steejee

It's happening guys. Idiocracy is becoming reality. Abandon ship while you can.

As I've seen people point out: In Idiocracy Comacho realized there was a problem, found the smartest person on the planet, and listened to their advice, as did the rest of his cabinet.

Trump and Co are even worse than the Presidency in Idiocracy.

I like how Trump's lawyers whine that he's too busy to come to the Trump U trial, but now like 'Time for a tour!'. I'm sure the Judge is going to love that.

Watch he promote stuff for them to buy, so they can support his kids as they take on the daunting task of taking over his businesses...

LOLz World tour to promote products for the Trump legacy!

jmdajr

Gotta keep the bullshit going.

We are going to have 100% employment in this county!
after we kick out all the minorities)

If you truly believe Trump is a second Hitler then it is morally repugnant of you to not take drastic action as you would be saving millions to hundreds of millions of lives.

pantsmith

The same strains and narratives are repeating themselves, not to mention all of the warning signs. Obviously Trump is not the literal second coming of Hitler, but we've seen where this angry, nationalist path leads. Theres got to be a way to divorce hyperbole and still say "Yeah, this is bad and matches the same rhetoric."

Rallying the dumb and poor against a common foe and promising greatness. Left unchecked it doesnt end well for anyone but Trump and his friends.

Azzanadra

I think he's more like Mussolini.

Hyperbole aside, wouldn't he really be like Reagan? The alluding of some golden age that needs to be returned to, someone who was perceived as a clown in the running, someone who scapegoated minorities (gay people for Reagan), all while being democratically elected in the United States.

Ya know, sometimes I have a hard day at work, come home and complain to my wife about idiotic decisions made by my boss... but imagine how bad it is right now to be a member of the secret service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom