• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is planning a victory tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dare him to come within 50 miles of Philadelphia, but knowing Trump he won't come any closer than Scranton.

I feel like he's cynical enough to do that kind of thing if his administration gets bogged down in a particularly nasty scandal. What better way to take away attention from a scandal then stirring up massive clashes in some blue city?

Budi

I know this is wishful thinking mostly. But I really hope he would adress the worst part of his supporters, those people who spread hate, harass, attack and intimidate people. And hopefully he would do this in better way than in that 60 minutes interview. "Stop it" isn't enough.

I know this is wishful thinking mostly. But I really hope he would adress the worst part of his supporters, those people who spread hate, harass, attack and intimidate people. And hopefully he would do this in better way than in that 60 minutes interview. "Stop it" isn't enough.

The whole purpose here is to give himself more ego boosts, he's not gonna touch the murky stuff in any meaningful way.

Jeffrey

The whole purpose here is to give himself more ego boosts, he's not gonna touch the murky stuff in any meaningful way.

I'd love to be proven wrong, But just trying to picture Trump telling his fanbase in public to stop being violent assholes...

We've seen how successful he is at apologizing for stuff.

Nafai1123

Banned
Think of all the roadie jobs this will create.

tumblr_npykymH0nT1u62kxvo1_500.gif

Jobbs

Banned
I fucking hate this. As someone who lives in Columbus Ohio I hope he fucking stays out of my city and heads to the little shit areas that actually voted for him

Fox Mulder

I'm sure one of the towns he'll roll through will have big swastika banner welcoming their savior.

The actual kkk is doing a victory rally here in NC in december. They even have a slogan.

“TRUMP = Trump’s Race United My People"

Fucking gross. More ego stroking and supporter validation is what we need though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

scotcheggz

I mean like, this would probably be a great idea 200 years ago. You know, before broadcast media.

The first thing that immediately springs to mind is that this is going to exacerbate the problems between right and left... With this and the 60 minutes segment where he literally had to be hand held by the interviewer to tell the public "Don't be afraid" and then added nothing himself makes me really wonder if he understands whats going on at all. I can only assume he is surrounded by yes men and just mentally shuts down anything he doesn't want to hear.

Or he's just really fucking dense.

Or he just really doesn't fucking care and just digs that fascist image of standing at the podium bloviating away like the egomaniac he is.

ezrarh

I mean like, this would probably be a great idea 200 years ago. You know, before broadcast media.

The first thing that immediately springs to mind is that this is going to exacerbate the problems between right and left... With this and the 60 minutes segment where he literally had to be hand held by the interviewer to tell the public "Don't be afraid" and then added nothing himself makes me really wonder if he understands whats going on at all. I can only assume he is surrounded by yes men and just mentally shuts down anything he doesn't want to hear.

Or he's just really fucking dense.

I feel like he's surrounded by enough people who would want to exacerbate the issue so they'd have justification to clamp down on minorities even further. An attack on the scale of 9/11 would not only be horrible for those hurt by it but it'd accelerate the loss of our civil liberties even further.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why only the states he won? He is the president of the whole country.

So that when protesters show up he can say they don't represent the people, are a minority, paid by the opposition, etc.

Trump is planning to make enemies out of the media and "radicals" to strengthen his support among the average joe.

Also the right will probably develop their own pied piper strategy, finding ways to give a voice to the far left to make your average joe move right.

SFenton

This is one thing he needs to do. The other is he needs to actually make an effort to reach out to the blue cities and states and explain clearly how he will help them, because only stroking his ego on this tour (which, c'mon, he's probably exclusively going to do) is going to further drive a wedge between liberal and conservatives that both sides of government need to be working to heal.

Dude Abides

Banned
It's gonna be a bit tougher to get the rubes riled up for the Two Hours' Hate now that Hillary Goldstein has been vanquished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom