• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is planning a victory tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

Man I was almost surprised that there was an OT up already.

KIwVEO4.png

How about a tour to convince minorities, lgbtq, and muslims that you aren't the worst thing for this country right now?

Nah, let's celebrate with the people who sided with you and ignored the real news for fake news.

U N I T Y.

Do your bloody job! or is it better he actually doesn't.

I really can't wait to see FOX spin these harder than they ever spun Obama's vacations.

I really can't wait to see FOX spin these harder than they ever spun Obama's vacations.

"President Trump is putting of his work for his humanitarian mission of meeting with the people who made his presidency possible."

*cut to B-Roll of KKK member, hoodless and with a Confederate flag shaking hands with Trump*

Revolver

Just what the country needs right now. Watching him and the deplorables dancing in the endzone.

He'll probably do this during his presidency too. Anytime there's resistance in DC, he'll hit the road to remind everyone of his fanatical cult and turn up the heat to get his way.

Linkura

Hopefully this means he stays the fuck out of Massachusetts. We don't want him here. Even our Republican Governor didn't vote for him and publicly speaks out against his proposed policies.

tbm24

I'm looking forward to how responds to the protests he's about to face. If he thought Chicago was scary, he's in for a damn good surprise.

I can't help but wonder what the rest of his cabinet, his VP, and his party will be up to while he galvants his traveling sideshow circus around the country.

So is it me or are we in some kind of parallel universe where the USA is now a dark version of Saints Row 4. Just waiting on an alien tyrant to come enslave us in a simulation.

On this tour he will also announce his new organization the Trump Youth, he will unveil his new hand signal, and new logo the Trumpstika.
Don't be silly a "Trumpstika"? Come on, it'll be "An armband you can wear as a form of silent protest to show solidarity with the president elect."

I mean sure. He's going to use the masses as a threat to political opponents. But honestly this doesn't seem like something people would ever upset if the other side won.

If he wants to fine. It's his decisions that he should be judged on not how he speaks to his supporters.

Some in the media and left seem really time deaf right now. See for example Trump going to dinner - some folk actually think that's a sign of collapsing democracy. As usual Trump is tying up his opponents in frivolity whilst he does the shit stuff in he background.

Likewise Twitter. He uses it. Get over it.

The danger of hysterical or gossip-laden reporting over everything the man does is that when an actual scandal breaks (as one inevitably will) the impact is minimal. As the election proved, there's real danger in thinking your social echo chambers are representative of the outside world.

kevin1025

Banned
The insane protest crowd sizes and the assassination possibilities will make this not happen at all.

But it's Trump, so it probably will anyway. He will just be shrouded entirely in bulletproof glass.

Trump isn't stupid. Thinking your opponent is stupid because they are evil only makes you vulnerable. He knows this kind of stuff worked for him. It helped him defeat 17 Republican competitors and the most qualified Democratic nominee in decades. This grassroots populism is the Trump brand now.

Exactly. This tour is strategically smart, he is using his populist appeal to the mob as a bargaining chip against Republicans that might block his legislation in the House or the Senate.

mantidor

Jesus christ.

He is Hugo Chavez. The irony would be amusing if this wasn't still a nightmare not just for the US but for the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom