• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is planning a victory tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
adolf-hitler-at-the-nuremberg-rally-1935-c45b63.jpg

Victory tour!!

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Trump's similarity to Hitler needs not to be ignored, here's a quick run down:
- Did not accept the salary as President - like Hitler
- Created fear of and blame of minorities - like Hitler
- Will have nationalistic rallies - like Hitler
- Kept a copy of Hitler's speech near his bedside - probably like Hitler?

Where does this story continue and where does it end?

slit

Don't forgot the promise to round up all the bad people and ship them off.

Apathy

This is one of the most insane things I've heard in a while.

This guy really is on the north Korean scale of megalomaniac. Future generations will read about this in their history books and question how the US could have been this stupid.

TaterTots

Banned
I guess the rumors about him not doing jack shit in office were true if he is doing something like this. He may actually have Pence doing his duty.

This asshole thinks he's only President of the people who voted for him. Let's see if tries to defend people who attack protesters like he did in his old rallies, I dare him to.

Enosh

makes sense, the rallies are a big part of what got him elected, keeps his image as a man of the people and keeps the movement alive allowing him to put pressure on his political opponent in Washington

slit

If you thought the protests at his rallies got violent when nobody thought he would win, I fear what these rallies will bring us.

DarkKyo

Good, maybe he can explain to his voters how he's been selling out to the establishment since day one of the transition process.

His fans would love it.

I mean, many Republicans went nuts and formed their own little Tea Party simply because he got elected, on a platform of hope, change, inclusion and fairness no less. If he went around gloating and taking a "victory lap" for the "liberal elite", he would've given these people conniption fits.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

- has a stupid comb-over

Pikelet

I mean sure. He's going to use the masses as a threat to political opponents. But honestly this doesn't seem like something people would ever upset if the other side won.

If he wants to fine. It's his decisions that he should be judged on not how he speaks to his supporters.

Some in the media and left seem really time deaf right now. See for example Trump going to dinner - some folk actually think that's a sign of collapsing democracy. As usual Trump is tying up his opponents in frivolity whilst he does the shit stuff in he background.

Likewise Twitter. He uses it. Get over it.

Talk about lowered expectations.

Even as a regular person, the words you say do matter.

As the leader of the free world, your words have a profound impact on the day-to-day lives of people.

It's ludicrous to suggest we should withhold judgement on everything he says until he actually signs something into law or whatever, and that it's somehow okay to say whatever you want without consequence.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I mean, many Republicans went nuts and formed their own little Tea Party simply because he got elected, on a platform of hope, change, inclusion and fairness no less. If he went around gloating and taking a "victory lap" for the "liberal elite", he would've given these people conniption fits.

I wouldn't put it past extreme right wingers to lose their shit over something so benign. I hope the left doesn't take their cue from that, though.

Kathian

Banned
Talk about lowered expectations.

Even as a regular person, the words you say do matter.

As the leader of the free world, your words have a profound impact on the day-to-day lives of people.

It's ludicrous to suggest we should withhold judgement on everything he says until he actually signs something into law or whatever, and that it's somehow okay to say whatever you want without consequence.

How he speaks to people. Not what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom