• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't cry, it's just a video game

Go_Ly_Dow

If you've completed Final Fantasy X, but haven't seen the ending for a few years then give this a watch. (or replay beautiful journey again)

Spira, Zanarkand, Yevon, the Farplane, Auron, the entire cast and the concepts/themes of the game. So much imagination brought to life that it reshaped my 10 year old brain way back when.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
When i finally realized that they turned my second favourite game of all time into a piece of shit kingdom hearts spinoff

show

Shit was sad as hell.

Oh, for sure. You start out loving the game, because it's capturing all of that nostalgia and releasing it again with a new coat of modern paint. As time goes on, the game is still good, but... it kind of just devolves into this chaotic fucking slosh with all kinds of shit going on.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yoko Taro, I love you, you beautiful bastard, but also, fuck you for forcing such an awful decision to make on us.
Well Pascal wants to be more like human and being human is about is you have to live with your mistakes...there is no reset button.

IAmRei

Man, that scene is still one of the best thing that video game ever produced.

SPOILER - don't read if you haven't played FF6
Want to continue the game? Well, time to make your favorite character commit suicide.
That hit me like a fucking train at the time
hit hard when i was teenager ...

Comandr

When i finally realized that they turned my second favourite game of all time into a piece of shit kingdom hearts spinoff

show

Shit was sad as hell.
Was talking to my buddy about this when he asked me if I was stoked for FF7R2. I told him that I had such conflicting feelings. I love FF7. But all the shit with the whispers and dragging him out for the final fight. Like come the fuck on. How uncertain of your own product are you that you have to finish this game like this. Part 2 does look very good content wise from the trailer. It's much closer to the original than I thought we would ever see. I wonder if there was just an avalanche of backlash following part 1. I still want to see that fucking lighting get fixed though.
Yakuza 0 spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

Such a great fucking game.
The same buddy just finished Y7, having never played any of the others. I sent him straight back to Y0 and told him to just ...allow himself to completely take in everything the game has to offer. Yakuza 0 is such a phenomenal entry point into the series. What an incredible game. The music, the story, the SUB stories, Club Sunshine. JESUS this game has so much to offer.

Dutchy

Cried uncontrollably like a baby when rolling credits on this beautiful piece of art.

ee6o6Cl.jpg
Met the creators of this game on a small indie event in Antwerp for work. At that point in time I didn't know about the game or the story behind it. Played it the same night in a hotel and I was a wreck. I've got a lot of respect for them, must've been really difficult to make it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
abed nadir community GIF

bored kanye west GIF

Me reading this thread, trying to recognise something that made me even close to emotional.

I'm still suspicious that the MGS3 ending "emotion" is just a continuation of the salute cry meme and people actually give as little of a shit as I do.

RaduN

abed nadir community GIF

bored kanye west GIF

Me reading this thread, trying to recognise something that made me even close to emotional.

I'm still suspicious that the MGS3 ending "emotion" is just a continuation of the salute cry meme and people actually give as little of a shit as I do.
You do realise that nobody here actually cries.

It's more of a misty eyes reaction, or just a feeling of deep connection/emotional satisfaction to the actual scene.

GymWolf

Was talking to my buddy about this when he asked me if I was stoked for FF7R2. I told him that I had such conflicting feelings. I love FF7. But all the shit with the whispers and dragging him out for the final fight. Like come the fuck on. How uncertain of your own product are you that you have to finish this game like this. Part 2 does look very good content wise from the trailer. It's much closer to the original than I thought we would ever see. I wonder if there was just an avalanche of backlash following part 1. I still want to see that fucking lighting get fixed though.

The same buddy just finished Y7, having never played any of the others. I sent him straight back to Y0 and told him to just ...allow himself to completely take in everything the game has to offer. Yakuza 0 is such a phenomenal entry point into the series. What an incredible game. The music, the story, the SUB stories, Club Sunshine. JESUS this game has so much to offer.
Yakuza 0 is simply put, one of the best game ever made.

GymWolf

Oh, for sure. You start out loving the game, because it's capturing all of that nostalgia and releasing it again with a new coat of modern paint. As time goes on, the game is still good, but... it kind of just devolves into this chaotic fucking slosh with all kinds of shit going on.
I was not remotely as positive since the beginning because i already knew it was a major fuckup of a "remake", that boss was just the icing on the shit cake.

yanhash

Not a gif or image but nothing in gaming makes me emotional like this ost, it reminds of my lost child hood and completely shatters my heart

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
You do realise that nobody here actually cries.

It's more of a misty eyes reaction, or just a feeling of deep connection/emotional satisfaction to the actual scene.
I don't think you can speak for everyone, I bet some did. Either way, same rules still apply - you're just disputing the strength of the emotional reaction.

cireza

maxresdefault.jpg
85-Phantasy-Star-4029.jpg

Phantasy Star IV. I was still a kid back then. Didn't cry. I actually didn't really understand what was happening. Made me understand what dying really means.

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
jyKMTK.gif

Gets me misty-eyed every single time. A gif frankly doesn't do it justice, the music is half the experience.

Holographicman

Neo Member
Honestly?
d7KRSVM.jpg

Other than that the older MGS games. And I'm new here posting (years lurking), why not stick to the topic instead of making jokes, rules seems all over the place. Anyhow, I also like kaviar sandwiches with coco, welcome to the deep north

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Let's see.
When Zelda in Skyward Sword encases herself in that stone... crystal... thing for millenia made me tear up.

Top Bottom