• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom comes to Xbox Live Arcade TODAY - 4 player co-op online. AVAILABLE NOW.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/8428/x06-beroemde-doom-komt-naar-xbox-live-arcade/

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the classic shooter that (with Wolfenstein) started it all is coming to Xbox Live Arcade. Can this be the 'new' Xbox Live Arcade title that will come out sometimes during this week?

Anyways, some info's:

smoother textures, 4 player multiplayer games in split-screen, online co-op, online adverserial, all four doom campaigns included, of course. 800 Microsoft Points.

The first screenshots of the game running on Xbox Live Arcade can be found here, split screen and single-player:

http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/8428/x06-beroemde-doom-komt-naar-xbox-live-arcade/

42193.jpg

(first solid X06 leak? good job Microsoft!)

BuddyC

I'm impressed they managed to keep it a secret for this long. Leaking only a few hours before the announcement is a nice chance of pace, and very much on par with Nintendo's track record over the past few years.

PleoMax

Banned
BuddyC said:
I'm impressed they managed to keep it a secret for this long. Leaking only a few hours before the announcement is a nice chance of pace, and very much on par with Nintendo's track record over the past few years.

Yeah i'm impressed.

Too bad it doesnt come in widescreen :). Apart from that this is all different kinds of awesome, 4-player co-op? Im definitely buying this.

sangreal said:
800 points for a game thats free on PC? no thanks

Actually trying to get my friends to jump through hoops to get some old PC game working online and getting a match going = damned hard.

Jumping on Live and playing with my friends = easy.

Kobold

BuddyC said:
Great job by Microsoft this time! only some arcade stuff leaked-ish.

I'm still in for some surprises for a change, except the PGR 4 'Eclipse' trailer, I already saw that some time ago. :)

sangreal

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Actually trying to get my friends to jump through hoops to get some old PC game working online and getting a match going = damned hard.

I don't disagree, but I dont think its worth 800 points. Should be 400

Majmun

PleoMax said:
Dude..it has 4 player Co-op...fair price.

Would you also pay $10 for Pong if it had 4 player co-op?

I loved Doom very much. But $10 is too much for an enhanced rom.

Sho Nuff

Banned
HOLY MOTHER****ING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AHDFSAFSHSADRJASFHSFHDHDFASHFDHJFDJSKA

HOLY FUK

DOOM IS STILL INCREDIBLE

I WOULD PLAY COOP DOOM OVER MY MODEM WITH MY FRIEND DAVE AND IT WAS INCREDIBLE

HOLY SHIT WHEN IS THIS OUT

Second said:
Would you also pay $10 for Pong if it had 4 player co-op?

I loved Doom very much. But $10 is too much for an enhanced rom.

Hope I don't see you defending the VC/Sony's download service anytime soon.

McHuj

This is really cool. My first XBLA purchase.

I hope it will be both Doom I and II. I want my double barrel shotgun.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Sho Nuff said:
HOLY MOTHER****ING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AHDFSAFSHSADRJASFHSFHDHDFASHFDHJFDJSKA

HOLY FUK

DOOM IS STILL INCREDIBLE

I WOULD PLAY COOP DOOM OVER MY MODEM WITH MY FRIEND DAVE AND IT WAS INCREDIBLE

HOLY SHIT WHEN IS THIS OUT
*bitch slap*

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
THAT TEXT WILL BE TOTALLY UNREADABLE ON AN SDTV! RAISE THE KOHLER SIGNAL! WE NEED AN ARTICLE STAT!

Kobold

Did I mention I'm in the same hotel als Jade Raymond, I just saw her and she's very cute! :)

The AC team is in this hotel, lotsa dudes with t-shirts walking around downstairs.

Sho Nuff

Banned
VicAlpha said:
you don't have any bullets in yer gun, lol
whacha gnna do?

I GET BERSERKER PATCH AND PUNCH U AND U EXPLODE!!!

YOU ARE HUGE!!! THAT MEANS YOU MUST HAVE HUGE GUTS!

RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND TEAR!

PleoMax

Banned
Kobold said:
Did I mention I'm in the same hotel als Jade Raymond, I just saw her and she's very cute! :)

The AC team is in this hotel, lotsa dudes with t-shirts walking around downstairs.

Cool, we are gonna se some AC in action :D

sangreal

BCD2 said:
Wasn't Doom GPL'd back in the Nineties? How is it that this can now be resold by Microsoft?

there is nothing in the GPL that says you cant sell the work, you just have to distribute any changes you make to the sourcecode and this is probably being done in collaboration with id software

beermonkey@tehbias said:

speaking from experience....yes :)

pr0cs

co-op would be fun, single player I would have a difficult time paying 800 points for but co-op would be awesome and worth the cost in my books. I wonder if any sort of split screen mode exists in the XBLA version.

Razoric

Banned
pr0cs said:
co-op would be fun, single player I would have a difficult time paying 800 points for but co-op would be awesome and worth the cost in my books. I wonder if any sort of split screen mode exists in the XBLA version.

4 player multiplayer games in split-screen

?

Top Bottom