• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM Resurrected - To Hell & Back (Noclip/O'Dwyer documentary on Doom 2016)

Fliesen

Great video.

Also never realised it was pronounced 'id software' .... I thought it was i d software

latin, yo.
maxresdefault.jpg

Mupod

That Doom 2014 footage was so short and didn't really show much but I guess at the time people were thirsty for anything Doom.

yeah that was the most surprising thing out of all this. From the impressions we got at the time, I thought they showed gameplay similar to the first E3 showing. Not 3 seconds of a Cyberdemon and Revenant.

zeox

yeah that was the most surprising thing out of all this. From the impressions we got at the time, I thought they showed gameplay similar to the first E3 showing. Not 3 seconds of a Cyberdemon and Revenant.

again, what they showed in this episode wasn't the whole thing. The focus was obviously on the introduction given by Marty and the reception from the crowd

Mupod

again, what they showed in this episode wasn't the whole thing. The focus was obviously on the introduction given by Marty and the reception from the crowd

well the way the documentary presents it, just comes off like the most easily-impressed crowd ever. Hell I remember people hating the look of the new cyberdemon, I still don't like it.

well the way the documentary presents it, just comes off like the most easily-impressed crowd ever. Hell I remember people hating the look of the new cyberdemon, I still don't like it.

The guy says "we will give you SOME of that footage". How is that presented wrong?

Tankard

Amazing job, Danny.

I'm glad Call of Doom didn't see the light of day and we got this amazing Doom game, it shows show you don't need to change a franchise to revitalize it.

Tovarisc

Don't hate on moose :(

Personally I hope cyberdemon played bigger part in the game than one off it had. Build up to encounter was well done tho.

that was solid. cant wait for part 2 and i could feel what the devs wanted us players to feel when we picked up DOOM. such a blast and im so in when they do another one

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Just found this channel thanks to this thread watched Doom & Rocket L vids holy fuck top top tier stuff amazing job.

Zemm

Another excellent video, looking forward to the rest and grateful towards the developers who are open and honest in these things. Felt really bad for Kevin Cloud in this one but whilst that early Doom 4 looked interesting I feel it would have been suicide releasing something like that, it just isn't what the fans of Doom want.

I also hope they talk about the Nvidia demo as that was by far the best piece of marketing for the game.

Accoun

Which was why that part was disappointing and frankly, I'd prefer it to not be in the movie. I remember being very disappointed by the E3 showing and everything Bethesda promoted the game with (and then was the Nvidia showing and the game released, which only highlighted how poorly Bethesda dealt with it) and wanted to know if the gameplay looked more like what we got.

Other than that, great video - waiting for more, not only Doom.

Alienous

I wonder if Part 3 will address that awful Polygon gameplay.

How disappointing must that have been to see just before release.

jett

D-Member
Hugo is one awesome dude.

This doc is GREAT.

I wonder if Part 3 will address that awful Polygon gameplay.

How disappointing must that have been to see just before release.

It doesn't matter. It said nothing about the game, just about the player.

Good stuff. I loved the interviews with Hugo Martin, he just radiates this infectious glee when it comes to nerd stuff. When he was talking about the references to the Robocop scene you could feel the nerd gushing through the screen and I loved it.

as i big metal fan, specially iron maiden, i knew it that they took inspiration for the tablets lore thingy from the number of the beast. part 2 was amazing, cant wait for the next one.

grendelrt

Hugo Martin is friggin hilarious. So I love Pacific Rim and I love Doom and this guy was on both, epic. Really great videos so far, looking forward to part 3.

Loved the references to RoboCop and the segment about getting the timing of the elevator ride right. Hugo Martin is an awesome guy.

This has been great I really enjoyed these and I'm looking forward to the last episode and any future Noclips. The whole team is great but I really enjoyed Hugo. He seemed ot really know what makes doom great.

Is this a spoiler free documentary? I'm in the middle of the campaign atm.

Nothing major so far the newest video was all about the beginning of the game and how they made it.

Manu

The whole part about how they took influence from RoboCop and other movies is great. It definitely was the right way to go about the game's story.

R0nn

Oh my god, this documentary is soooo gooood!

I really hope this takes off, it's a huge leap in quality over the average coverage you would see about games.

Top Bottom