• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom review codes not getting sent out until launch day?

Simo

It's surely different on PS4 (size-wise) but I received an update to my Xbox One pre-load today (so I guess there will be a an update to the disc versions) that brought it to 44.8 GB. Unfortunately I do not know how big the update was.

Hmm thats interesting. My PS4 preload with both updates is sitting at just under 53 GB.

Having played 3 hours of the game I can safely say this is one of my most favourite FPS's since Modern Warfare. The game feels very DOOM like and is fast paced. Weapons feel impactful and using the chainsaw makes you feel unstopable. My favourite weapon so far has to be the combat shotgun, it kills the lesser demons in one hit while taking a couple of hits for the imps. Level design is definetely better than modern FPS's and actually has secrets and hidden areas.

So, so far so good.

For those who have the PS4 version be sure to install the 1.02 patch, without it the game has horrible screen tearing which is easily noticable during movement and even more so during combat.

The tearing was fixed in 1.01 which was 6.7 or 5.7gb iirc. The 1.02 didn't change anything noticeable for me. Yea 2 patches out already before release.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This game's release just creeped up on me similar to Wolfenstein The New Order. Here's hoping I like this just as much as that, if not more.

The tearing was fixed in 1.01 which was 6.7 or 5.7gb iirc. The 1.02 didn't change anything noticeable for me. Yea 2 patches out already before release.

It's way better than the alternative. I know some of ya'll remember getting buggy ass games during the NES/Genesis/SNES/PSX/N64 days where you just had to live with the bugs.

JoeFenix

Quick question for people who have the game already.

Can you start on Nightmare or is Ultra-Violence the highest available difficulty setting?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Couldn't resist the hype... preordered on PS4 just today, lol. Single Player gameplay videos look totally crazy and I hope the final game delivers. Also reading of that day one patch tearing-fix makes me so happy. Graphics will be a blast at 60fps now.

Rudiano

Banned
So is there an embargo for this game? With the game being released in AU in about 6 hours it would be weird if it did

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Question for the people who already have the game: how good is the alternative cover on a Nightmare - Ultra Violence scale?

m4st4

This game's release just creeped up on me similar to Wolfenstein The New Order. Here's hoping I like this just as much as that, if not more.

Highly doubt I'll like it more than TNO but it has that similar old school FPS feel, while still feeling modern, fast paced and violent enough. Sometimes, you just wanna punch a demon or two in the face and not overly think about it's demon rights.

Wolfenstein: The New Order got a 79 on Metacritic, and I can't imagine this doing better than that given it's years later and doesn't look like it will be as good of a game to boot.

So much for how relevant reviewers are (that's my opinion, at least). That game was brilliant.

This is a bit of a rant, but I've long since figured out I know more than these people, at least about what I'm likely to enjoy.

I guess my tastes don't align with the majority, I actually loved the Doom beta and can't wait for that style of MP shooters to return in full swing (already enjoying the UT alpha).

yes the inside cover, which was voted for by the community as alternate box art :D

You both make me so happy.

One thing I did notice is the cover looks like a proper cover on Xbox one because the game case on Xbox one has Xbox one actually on the box and not printed. On ps4 it looks like a reversible cover and would've been better if they printed PS4 Blue banner on top IMO. Kind of like how XSEED does their reversible sleeves. No clutter with ratings but has proper banner on top

Played more last night. If the rest plays like this, I might like it more than wolfenstein.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is there any concrete early impressions for the game yet? I have no idea if I'm getting it tomorrow, and if I am it means I have to finish Quantum Break tonight.

Mdk7

Incoming "New Dead Space confirmed by NeoGAF user" news piece.

Ahahah, my post in the other thread spread pretty wildly online, at least on the Italian outlets.

Is there any concrete early impressions for the game yet? I have no idea if I'm getting it tomorrow, and if I am it means I have to finish Quantum Break tonight.

I wrote this pretty long hands on a few days ago, check it out in case. ;)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202991655&postcount=504

d3vnull

Just watched the unboxing. Man the Revenant statue is way uglier than the model they used to advertise it.

Thinking about cancelling my preorder and going for a standard edition

DOOM-CE.jpg

Damn! My CE arrived today... Haven't opened it yet. Now I'm thinking about sending it back... What to do?

Top Bottom