• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Soundtrack by Mick Gordon is out on iTunes and elsewhere.

Kindekuma

Banned
I played the demo of DOOM once or twice, never really got a full taste of the music.

RIP AND TEAR has me like

FUUUUCK.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yo wtf who changed that thread title? Way to kill my vibe fam

Downloaded the OST last night, blasted Rip and Tear on my way to work. I can conquer anything. And then I saw Killer Instinct Season 1 OST on Apple Music as well. Don't even know how hype I can get today.

Yeah I've been checking out some of the Ibanez 7s. That's probably what I'm gonna settle with here soon. The Mayones I want is like $5,000 and I can't justify that at all right now
Yeah, mine was around $900 for an Iron Label but in recent years you can get the Japan models (which are the highest quality) for around $900 used $1,300 new minimum equipped with Bareknuckle pickups like what Gordon used on the Doom soundtrack. Definitely the best bang for your buck for a major guitar brand. I also hear good things about Agile if you want to look into those, also great prices in the hundreds.

Unit24

I have never used Google Play or iTunes before. Are those for streaming, or can you actually get the files that way?

Does iTunes let you do both without having to buy some kind of premium subscription? I know Google Play doesn't.

Don't know about iTunes, but Google Play has a free account tier. Also anything you buy from the store is yours to download or stream as far as I remember.

Unit24

Don't know about iTunes, but Google Play has a free account tier. Also anything you buy from the store is yours to download or stream as far as I remember.

Huh, I looked on their site again, and some parts say you need to buy the subscription, and some imply that you don't. I guess I'll take the gamble, since the iTunes installer doesn't seem to be working anyway.

jambo

Huh, I looked on their site again, and some parts say you need to buy the subscription, and some imply that you don't. I guess I'll take the gamble, since the iTunes installer doesn't seem to be working anyway.

As long as you have a paypal account, credit card or some other billing set up with your google account, you can absolutely buy music from their store without a monthly sub.

I did it for about 2 years before getting a sub. You just get 320 mp3 downloads.

Dmax3901

Today I asked a woman who works at Bethesda Australia about a physical version of the soundtrack and she said she didn't know anything about one but she was there showing off Dishonored 2 so that would make sense. She said to email her so I'll report back if I learn anything.

Such a well done album. And I'm not even a metal fan at all. But I like the techno/industrial/electronic feel of it and the insane production values and sound design.

No wonder it took a while for Mick Gordon to arrange the OST in a way that makes sense as a music album.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Doom has the best signature songs: E1M1, Doom 3 theme, Bfg Division...so good.

Deadstar

Would ya look at that:

D33wcK2.png

HAIL SATAN HAIL SATAN HAIL SATAN

This is great to hear. Most game studios do not care about giving the music the budget it needs to make it great. Great music can shape an experience and enhance it. Doom is an example of that. If the music was okay, the game would have still been good, but the soundtrack Mick put together it has makes it great.

Spotify? Deezer?

Can't believe Mick Gordon is going to rip and tear 9,99U$ from my wallet in 2016 to listen to great music.

RIP AND TEAR

Yoritomo

Love it but the mix is muddy.

Really boomy with too much emphasis on 60-80 hz range. Could be partially due to compression. Need to find cleanest source, cause Spotify Extreme is leaving something to be desired.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Keep those OST recommendations coming please.

Already listened:

- DOOM (wow)
- WOLFENSTEIN TNO (wow)
- HALO (no me gusta)

Love it but the mix is muddy.

Really boomy with too much emphasis on 60-80 hz range. Could be partially due to compression. Need to find cleanest source, cause Spotify Extreme is leaving something to be desired.
You sure it's not your setup? Ive got pretty good headphones and I don't get that

Yoritomo

You sure it's not your setup? Ive got pretty good headphones and I don't get that

It's how they eq'd bass "hits" Like the old Korn 808 hits in some songs. So BFG division is really boomy.

I think part of it is my setup though. That particular hit is basically the resonant frequency in my car audio setup with windows down.

It's not as noticeable on my DT990-250 and E17+E09k

What is more noticeable is they dropped the sub bass a bit, which gives it that boomier feel and why I'm thinking it might be compression issues.

Metal production is all over the place. It's still great for what it is but I wish they had left more of the supporting sub-bass in the mix and dialed down the small speaker bass sweet spot a bit.

XaosWolf

Well deserved. This is still gonna be my GOTY even if I adore FFXV.
And the soundtrack is one of the reasons its so damn good in the first place. (Fuck the dumb lack of SP DLC)

At Doom's Gate also made it my favourite game title opening of all time too.

Also yay my GOTY last year has it's soundtrack in the charts too. I guess DOOM only has a genocide route though =P

Top Bottom