• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

u want some pepper w/ that salt
DsrA6Kc.gif

y would i just eat pepper u stupid

Player name: Visualante2
Steam profile (link): quote
Dotabuff (link): quote
MMR bracket (if available): 2450 party
Preferred role(s): support, pusher
Are you interested in Captaining? (y/n): no
Additional comments: EUW, I have a microphone
I've already applied for a ticket, just waiting on our logo, and then it's all up to Valve :). We'll also probably have plenty of community streamers.
Amazing! I can't see why they wouldn't ticket it. I've seen some really small events before. Exciting!

TUSR

Banned
Up to date, message me with any questions, updates, problems, etc.

Won't be home until later tonight if you are looking for a Guild/Group invite, PM me if you need it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Finished my most difficult final today, so wanted to take some time to update the rules a little--one rule in particular. I've been getting some complaints about a bit of flaming going on in inhouses. Friendly jabs, inside jokes, constructive criticism, or relaxed/harmless/jokey trash talk is fine. Constantly yelling and screaming at someone, hurling slurs/insults, or telling them "how shitty and awful" they are is just completely unacceptable.

So I've updated the flaming rules to be a little more specific; I'm going to implement a three strikes and you're out policy. If several people complain about a particular person flaming, said person will be warned. That's one strike. If this cycle happens again with the same person involved, said person will get their second warning. There will be no third warning--the next occurrence means removal from the league. This is a casual league and everyone should feel welcome, so please report incidents of excessive hostility or flaming so we can stomp it out before the season actually begins.

Also, feel free to mute someone who is flaming in inhouses. Just because they might be a gaffer, does not mean you have to take their abuse. Mute them, (and then if you so choose) report the incident to an admin, with a log or someone to corroborate your accusation, and then just move on and continue to enjoy inhouses.

Finished my most difficult final today, so wanted to take some time to update the rules a little--one rule in particular. I've been getting some complaints about a bit of flaming going on in inhouses. Friendly jabs, inside jokes, constructive criticism, or relaxed/harmless/jokey trash talk is fine. Constantly yelling and screaming at someone, hurling slurs/insults, or telling them "how shitty and awful" they are is just completely unacceptable.

So I've updated the flaming rules to be a little more specific; I'm going to implement a three strikes and you're out policy. If several people complain about a particular person flaming, said person will be warned. That's one strike. If this cycle occurs another two times with the same person involved, said person will be removed from the league. This is a casual league and everyone should feel welcome, so please report incidents of excessive hostility or flaming so we can stomp it out before the season actually begins.

Also, feel free to mute someone who is flaming in inhouses. Just because they might be a gaffer, does not mean you have to take their abuse. Mute them, report the incident to an admin with a log or someone to corroborate your accusation, and then just move on and continue to enjoy inhouses.

Man... who flames in such a setting. Chill, folks.

So I've updated the flaming rules to be a little more specific; I'm going to implement a three strikes and you're out policy. If several people complain about a particular person flaming, said person will be warned. That's one strike. If this cycle happens again with the same person involved, said person will get their second warning. There will be no third warning--the next occurrence means removal from the league. This is a casual league and everyone should feel welcome, so please report incidents of excessive hostility or flaming so we can stomp it out before the season actually begins.

Also, feel free to mute someone who is flaming in inhouses. Just because they might be a gaffer, does not mean you have to take their abuse. Mute them, (and then if you so choose) report the incident to an admin, with a log or someone to corroborate your accusation, and then just move on and continue to enjoy inhouses.

Chill people, you haven't even played with me yet

Low Tier
Honestly the only thing I cant stand about these inhouses is euros playing at ungodly hours and wasting everyones' time cuz they have the reaction speeds of a deflated football because "im tired". I'll just sit out if euros are on my team past a certain time point.

And freakinchair cuz he's dunnings master 9001

Tieske

Neo Member
Honestly the only thing I cant stand about these inhouses is euros playing at ungodly hours and wasting everyones' time cuz they have the reaction speeds of a deflated football because "im tired". I'll just sit out if euros are on my team past a certain time point.

Even though we are superior, we are still human too

:horse:

I honestly just joined in because it seemed to me like that last spot wasn't getting filled so I just took it to get them started and as a result in my last 2 games I really played badly (lots of misclicks and slow reactions as you said, even worse than I would normally, even though in general my mouse precision is still pretty bad regardless of how fresh I am).

Part of it was because I was tired but also because I haven't played dota lately so the combo was pretty brutal. Not being that good to begin with helped compound the issue of course.

Now maybe I should've just not joined at all because it was a waste of time anyway and the possibility of not having a game there would've been better, I can't really argue with that sentiment and if that is the general opinion I'll just leave the spot open next time, I can understand that.

You were that Dazzle that rekt us right? You were pretty on point that game while for me a teamfight was a big blob of coloury things in motion

Volodja

And freakinchair cuz he's dunnings master 9001
I honestly just joined in because it seemed to me like that last spot wasn't getting filled so I just took it to get them started and as a result in my last 2 games I really played badly (lots of misclicks and slow reactions as you said, even worse than I would normally, even though in general my mouse precision is still pretty bad regardless of how fresh I am).

Part of it was because I was tired but also because I haven't played dota lately so the combo was pretty brutal. Not being that good to begin with helped compound the issue of course.

Now maybe I should've just not joined at all because it was a waste of time anyway and the possibility of not having a game there would've been better, I can't really argue with that sentiment and if that is the general opinion I'll just leave the spot open next time, I can understand that.

Manus

Any team playing against 1.09 should def just ban Storm first. Made that mistake last night in a in house lol. Anways I'm super stoked by this and impressed by how many sign ups we have.

Low Tier
nah im just PJSalt and had a buncha papers to do. We almost pulled through tho.

Also I don't play as much Storm as I'd like, he's just one of those heroes where if you get a good start and can find stragglers the game becomes horrible, like that one game vs a QoP (I don't remember who was playing it). Yall need to ban brood tho that hero's cancerific

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Also I don't play as much Storm as I'd like, he's just one of those heroes where if you get a good start and can find stragglers the game becomes horrible, like that one game vs a QoP (I don't remember who was playing it). Yall need to ban brood tho that hero's cancerific

shut up storm picker

Volodja

I feel like I started doing better later, but the whole team kind of did so probably it's just an illusion.
Well..until the Magnus swap that is, man that was one ugly thing. I just shook my head.

Other than that I do tend to be too conservative with my hp in lane unless it's a really lopsided matchup (or I perceive it as such, that is).
Should I have just been further up whenever our wave was there and right clicked the viper? How do I deal with the orb attacks and the range difference, do I just make sure I have plenty of regen so I can eat the right clicks so that the carry doesn't?

Manus

Haha that was Hylian on QoP he was raging on mic that game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just a note about captains, we're short a few so if anyone wants to step up and be a captain, please speak up! Remember the fewer captains we have, the more undrafted players we have.

Also to those who signed up as captains, please make sure you can absolutely make the official draft time on Friday, April 3rd @ 6:30 PM PST. If we have captains that don't show up, that also leads to more undrafted players and wonky situations (i.e. an odd number of teams resulting in one team getting a bye per week--which we don't want).

I'm going to make a more formal announcement about captains after signups close, but decided to post this PSA little earlier to give people more of a heads up.

DemiMatt

Just a note about captains, we're short a few so if anyone wants to step up and be a captain, please speak up! Remember the fewer captains we have, the more undrafted players we have.

Also to those who signed up as captains, please make sure you can absolutely make the official draft time on Friday, April 3rd @ 6:30 PM PST. If we have captains that don't show up, that also leads to more undrafted players and wonky situations (i.e. an odd number of teams resulting in one team getting a bye per week--which we don't want).

I'm going to make a more formal announcement about captains after signups close, but decided to post this PSA little earlier to give people more of a heads up.

Can I be a captain Anbokr?

Or is everyone I want on a team? :p

Vade

You people just do not understand the Yomi that is happening I am Georgy Agzamov and you are all my pawns.

JambiBum

I know the pre pre season stuff hasn't officially started yet, but I kinda wish we already knew who the captains were going to be so that I could know who not to think about drafting while watching in houses.

TUSR

Banned
I know the pre pre season stuff hasn't officially started yet, but I kinda wish we already knew who the captains were going to be so that I could know who not to think about drafting while watching in houses.

There are green rows in the Spreadsheet of tentative captains.

ksan

yo no soy marinero
yo no soy marinero, soy capitan!!
soy capitan, soy capitan!!

I'm actually hyped, but gotta come up with them strats
and it's gotta be EVEN better than the wisp/tront tri-lane...

Low Tier
I feel like I started doing better later, but the whole team kind of did so probably it's just an illusion.
Well..until the Magnus swap that is, man that was one ugly thing. I just shook my head.

Other than that I do tend to be too conservative with my hp in lane unless it's a really lopsided matchup (or I perceive it as such, that is).
Should I have just been further up whenever our wave was there and right clicked the viper? How do I deal with the orb attacks and the range difference, do I just make sure I have plenty of regen so I can eat the right clicks so that the carry doesn't?

Viper lanes are always obnoxious, and viper+ogre leave the support in a conundrum, since you can't really harass either properly, especially with support riki with no smokescreen being ur other option at lvl 3. However, we had a window that I pointed out where the viper was oom, and without any nethertoxin he provided very little threat. But yea that kind of lane we're not expected to clean cut win, but we def. could've done more than we did.

Aselith

YOU COULDNT SET UP RULES IF YOUR HAIR WAS ON FIRE GET FUKT PIECE OF SHIT COCKSUCK I KNOW YOU WEAR GRANNY PANTIES WHY DONT YOU WADDLE ON DOWN TO HULA HOLE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Top Bottom