• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
But those are stats. When was the last time stats were true??

stats are always true when they're depressing.

mUaj0Y0.png

TUSR

Banned
nahaz's "analysis" is the inverse of a professional sports interview

he takes a bunch of cliches, metaphors, and idioms, etc and mashes them together to say a lot about nothing.

he won't be missed on the panel.

Friends, I need a lane that kills people constantly and does very little else.

Chaos Knight + Spirit Breaker is what I'm thinking of but some more would be appreciated.

I HAVE DECIDED

Spr_2s_158.png

FOR SILVER

Spr_2c_155.png

FOR CRYSTAL (MUCH LATER)

LESS GO

Also it's nice to have James back. I always found his banter funnier.

toto and the quil are both pretty solid for gen 2. Typhlosion probably wins out just because Gatr can't use water moves very effectively. Honestly gen 2's starters are pretty well rounded both during that gen and now. Gamefreak did a surprisingly good job with gen 2 pokemon being all pretty usable (with a few obvious exceptions).

yarden24

Aghs Bristle is so damn silly, nonstop manfight mode inside their base at 30 minutes just doing whatever you want.

I find bristle underwhelming in general to be honest, only time he seems useful is if he gets an offlane he can bully, which seems very rare nowadays.

whenever i play him I feel I never have the farm to actually be tanky enough in team fights. I used to have like a 75% winrate with him too.

edit: hmm after thinking about it, maybe if he is radiant offlane he is viable, with the fact he can stack ancients+ hard camp at the same time that might be what he is missing farm wise

toto and the quil are both pretty solid for gen 2. Typhlosion probably wins out just because Gatr can't use water moves very effectively. Honestly gen 2's starters are pretty well rounded both during that gen and now. Gamefreak did a surprisingly good job with gen 2 pokemon being all pretty usable (with a few obvious exceptions).
Chikorita gets destroyed by the first two gyms

kionedrik

Friends, I need a lane that kills people constantly and does very little else.

Chaos Knight + Spirit Breaker is what I'm thinking of but some more would be appreciated.

CK + anything works really well but it's better if your support is ranged and has a follow-up disable and/or nuke. So take a pick between Lina, VS, Visage, Bane, etc. Even KotL might work (with a 0-4-4 build)
You also can't go wrong with DK/Gyro/Morph/Naix + some of the named supports above.

CK+anything lane has huge mana problems, so unless you stock up on mangoes I don't think it's the best. CK kotl doesn't work imo, kotl doesn't have good follow up.

Jug rhasta ?
With boots first on the shaman

Mohasus

That kuroky naix is legit.

Too bad it needs 2 things to succeed:

1 - A team that doesn't go to jungle after your wipe the other team
2 - A team that doesn't say gg i'm afk when you pick naix.

Happypea

Neo Member
That kuroky naix is legit.

Too bad it needs 2 things to succeed:

1 - A team that doesn't go to jungle after your wipe the other team
2 - A team that doesn't say gg i'm afk when you pick naix.

3 - A Wanna be kuroky capable of doing what kuroky does succesfully.

Every single Naix I've seen trying this so far, has failed miserably at it or has last picked Naix with a team that didn't fit that strategy at all.

If you are going to do this let your team know in advance please don't be a cunt.

you pick water pokés because they're the best

grass pokés you deal with with ice attacks
electric pokés you deal with with ground attacks
spam surf on the rest

Mohasus

3 - A Wanna be kuroky capable of doing what kuroky does succesfully.

Every single Naix I've seen trying this so far, has failed miserably at it or has last picked Naix with a team that didn't fit that strategy at all.

If you are going to do this let your team know in advance please don't be a cunt.

First pick obviously, dota psychology at work.

Worked fine for me, a guy on the other team even said "first time I've seen this working in a pub". Too bad it is fucking boring after the first time.

Dragon's Dogma is a better game than Witcher 3 in terms of gameplay. And that's all that matters to me these days to be frank. I mean, it's not even fucking close. DD absolutely kills it in combat and controls. It's all about the "game" in 'video game' and I'm okay with that.

Red UFO

All gaming side is these days is people losing their shit over something stupid, shitty analysis of sales/marketing strategies and an absolute lack of perspective on the realities of software development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom