• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I played LC in a match and I used a guide for a jungle build. I tried it but I am just not a good jungler. What skill build do you use for her in lane?

Item-wise, I went Phase, Drums, BKB, and after that I was gonna build AC and Heart. Is that an OK build?

nin1000

Banned
actually, on a second note - our Red Moon 'Gama Brothers' courier did get in... but Valve decided not to promote it at all, or something. It's like it didn't even happen. No promo image, no *new* on the store. nothing. :(

we found out that it was added retroactively. Yeah. So if you liked the Gama you can get one here: http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/15381

Oh, and technically it's free, since the ticket price didn't change. I really, really hope they fix the visibility of this. It was a bitch to make lol.

Bought it ! those 2 fellas are just tooo cute :) Good work mate !

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm surprised at how many Platinum Baby Roshans people over wrote the Ionic Vapor effect on. I mean, to me the effect is likely more rare then the base courier in the long run. But maybe the just don't like how it looks.

So I played LC in a match and I used a guide for a jungle build. I tried it but I am just not a good jungler. What skill build do you use for her in lane?

Item-wise, I went Phase, Drums, BKB, and after that I was gonna build AC and Heart. Is that an OK build?

I honestly feel Armlet is core on her. It provides an obscene amount of damage and LC has more then enough HP regen with W to not have to really worry about the HP loss.

manfestival

I cant decide between getting shagbark , captain bamboo , el gato, itsy, or the weasel couriers. i bought the main one i wanted (blotto and stick and i love it) but I am trying to decide between these others

Wok

I honestly feel Armlet is core on her. It provides an obscene amount of damage and LC has more then enough HP regen with W to not have to really worry about the HP loss.

Blademail makes my games with LC easier. You just activate blademail and then you immediately start the duel.

Satch

Banned

i always do Treads, Armlet, Vlads, Assault Cuirass and Reaver

i build reaver into heart if the game goes long enough

You mean like admiral bulldog and trixi?

some of the things the professionals do only work because they have enough coordination/skill and can farm fast enough. it's like buying wards when you're super deep in the trench and people don't look at the minimap, or getting a support when your team doesn't know how to end the game early, partially because they can't cs outside of the jungle

i keep getting players talking shit about my picks in the captains ranked because i don't pick stupid shit like support alchemist, but then when i have a captain who picks it, he ends up 5 levels behind with no items and can't do anything in teamfights. or the guys who talk shit about my draft all game even though we win 40-15 at 40 min with all the t2s up. hurr durr you didn't pick the meta heroes, what a bad captain HERPDERP REPORT

in short, people need to do what works for them/their bracket, not what the professionals do. that was even part of the reason speed won mlg, they don't care if no one else is picking mirana or stacking armor with doom or whatever

manfestival

what are the chances of the prices of everything going back up from here? cause i know this sale is temporary and most of those items are going back to being expensive. Would it be even smart to just buy stuff that i can afford just to sell later on?

SamVimes

some of the things the professionals do only work because they have enough coordination/skill and can farm fast enough. it's like buying wards when you're super deep in the trench and people don't look at the minimap, or getting a support when your team doesn't know how to end the game early, partially because they can't cs outside of the jungle

i keep getting players talking shit about my picks in the captains ranked because i don't pick stupid shit like support alchemist, but then when i have a captain who picks it, he ends up 5 levels behind with no items and can't do anything in teamfights. or the guys who talk shit about my draft all game even though we win 40-15 at 40 min with all the t2s up. hurr durr you didn't pick the meta heroes, what a bad captain HERPDERP REPORT

in short, people need to do what works for them/their bracket, not what the professionals do. that was even part of the reason speed won mlg, they don't care if no one else is picking mirana or stacking armor with doom or whatever

It was a joke. They do it because in lane, especially 1v1 situation it allows you to contest a lot more, obviously his Nature's Phophet was in the jungle.

bounchfx

By the look of it, how are we supposed to know this is good? The marketing on the store for this item is indeed really bad.

I am buying it but I hope it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjsfFhji2M

It's that (well, except the dudes are tinted to look like goblins now by Valve's request), but yeah I agree, there's no indication of what you're getting.. at all. I'm really hoping it's cleared up early next week and that it appears as a new item on the store. Currently it's borderline insulting but I'm fairly certain it was not intentional so I'm just being patient, I have faith in Valve.

Bought it ! those 2 fellas are just tooo cute :) Good work mate !

:D Thank you!

i always do Treads, Armlet, Vlads, Assault Cuirass and Reaver

i build reaver into heart if the game goes long enough

Alright I'll build Armlet instead of Drums since you guys recommend it. Why Vlads though? And why Treads?

Quesa

Got to round 13 on New Game+, and the second we killed his third form, we all get kicked back to main menu. This happen to anyone else? I didn't get fragments when I beat him on normal, either. >:|

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Treads, Blink seem to be the way to go if you're playing with friends, or can co-ordinate with people.

Nokterian

Bought Lich set from Bounchfx and Lina set from Anuxi just to support you both <3 love both of those sets!

Won another match with Tusk this hero is a lot fun!

geetec

Neo Member
Is there any supports here that have finished all their calibration games? If so, what's your ratings like?

Just wondering.

My solo MMR is 3535. Is that any good? I fed quite a lot with supports in the losing games but what can you do.

edit. Looks like I'm better than 92% of the player base. I'm okay with this.

ksan

team mmr seems like its pretty much avg of 5 ppls hidden mm considering the values people are saying, I thought that Valve would have rebased team mmr

my matchmaking rank must be soo bad that people that join ranked matchmaking have no idea how to play the hero they picked then tries to trade with me.

Ranked Matchmaking (all pick) is clowntown

Satch

Banned
clicks on matches

sees full page of legion commander

O_O

ive just wanted her for so long
iexl34if8c4A4.png

Treads if you tread switch effectively afford you a lot more mana. I don't know about the vlads since I've never used it in a game.

treads for strength gain and vlads for aura

tbh you can change vlads out for something like blademail or crystalis/daedelus. im just a freak for lifesteal.

or you can do both daedelus and vlads for extra stomp http://dotabuff.com/matches/424157475

Treads, Blink seem to be the way to go if you're playing with friends, or can co-ordinate with people.

Thanks gais.

BigAT

And level 1 Roshing with it. Woddafuck. Woddafuck,.

Nearly level 3 Meepo at game's start is pretty good.

Some team did level 1 Rosh with Meepo, then left the pit right before he died so the Meepo got solo XP for it. Level 6 Meepo before the horn sounded.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's that (well, except the dudes are tinted to look like goblins now by Valve's request), but yeah I agree, there's no indication of what you're getting.. at all. I'm really hoping it's cleared up early next week and that it appears as a new item on the store. Currently it's borderline insulting but I'm fairly certain it was not intentional so I'm just being patient, I have faith in Valve.

:D Thank you!
What if valve just hates it but is contractual obligated by nexon to put it in?

I just bought it though, bit hard to pass that ticket combo at $6. Wish they didn't have to be green though, looked better normal.

bounchfx

I just bought it though, bit hard to pass that ticket combo at $6. Wish they didn't have to be green though, looked better normal.

I agree, I liked it better normal too. Maybe they hate it, I don't know. Nexon absolutely loved it, and they seem to be pretty excited for it over there. Their might just be some internal issues because of the update and sale that went up, I'm sure they were all super busy getting that all ready.

only issue with the ticket right now is we don't see a penny for it, which seriously sucks considering it took over a month to make... really hoping they find a way to retroactively fix it. People seem to like it in the game I've played in, too.

I do also agree the colors are a bit bright and more saturated than a lot of Dota but it was what they asked for and I think it came out well regardless, considering the budgets we had to deal with. I'm still proud of it, just incredibly disheartened by how it's being handled currently.

Arkanius

Is there any supports here that have finished all their calibration games? If so, what's your ratings like?

Just wondering.

A friend of mine finished on Party MMR and got 3085 while I got 3200. We did the 10 calibration matches together. (He always as a support, while I always as a Carry)

I agree, I liked it better normal too. Maybe they hate it, I don't know. Nexon absolutely loved it, and they seem to be pretty excited for it over there. Their might just be some internal issues because of the update and sale that went up, I'm sure they were all super busy getting that all ready.

only issue with the ticket right now is we don't see a penny for it, which seriously sucks considering it took over a month to make... really hoping they find a way to retroactively fix it. People seem to like it in the game I've played in, too.

I do also agree the colors are a bit bright and more saturated than a lot of Dota but it was what they asked for and I think it came out well regardless, considering the budgets we had to deal with. I'm still proud of it, just incredibly disheartened by how it's being handled currently.
I don't know how much you can talk about it, but how on earth are you not getting any money from that at all? I'm sure you mean the way it is through steam where they don't just send it to you, but surely nexon will give you a check later right?

bounchfx

I don't know how or when it will be resolved, honestly. Usually the tickets and couriers go in and our names would be attached to it on the store, which means % of sales would go to us. Currently we're not listed on item page. Got my fingers crossed for monday or tuesday.

Swift how do you jungle LC?

I only played her once but from what I've seen and tried...
I get tango stout quelling (get pooled if you want)
Then go 3 2 3 2 3 ulti and i think it kinda depends what you skill next but i like maxing out the lifesteal if i know ill be farming over participating.
In terms of items I like treads blink and a dps item like deso into like mkb in that order. Go whatever you wanna go tho.
I've seen armlet and sb work pretty good but I think blink is better just cause you can blink in and duel and then gtfo quick. And of course, you can also consider bkbs n shit based on the heroes in the match so ya

geetec

Neo Member
A friend of mine finished on Party MMR and got 3085 while I got 3200. We did the 10 calibration matches together. (He always as a support, while I always as a Carry)

Hmm that's interesting. So I guess your role doesn't affect the mmr too much then.

Kard8p3

Just wondering.

I've done 1 solo with Chen, already sitting at 2537. Team (Lost 1, 4 more to go) is 2761, also played Chen in all of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom