• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

That's what I use it for. If it helps, the art on the shirt is very feint and the design is the same color as the shirt so it's less visible. I think the Jug shirt is the best in this respect. Also love my Dragon Sword with the Fireborn Odachi kinetic gem :p
I have that shirt coming and I will wear it where I damn well please, "hiding your power level be dammed". Puck is one of my favorite heroes.

Necrovex

The tutorial will help, but won't teach you everything. The only way to learn everything is with lots of time playing.

After you finish a match, you should read up on the heroes you played with and fought against to get a better understanding on what they do. A lot of the skills sound confusing as hell until you play against a hero, and then they make sense.

Thanks, chaps. I'll follow your advice. I noticed the OP with its Reddit post, but I'll jump in for a few games and get destroyed first. I contacted a few friends to see if they would be up to join me on this adventure.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I guess I was just trying to play it like a traditional mid hero. Snowball (without the snow I guess though) and start fights. That ulti is so good and if you are against any invis you are a mandatory dust carrier in the vein of SB. The game after that one I played ES again and always carried dust against a PL. So many solo kills on him, even ~30 minutes.
I'm watching now

• Missed first blood twice on Invoker at 2 minutes. You have a bottle, just use your mana and kill him. SB was there too, but you could just kick him into your creeps and finish the job even at Level 3 because you fit in auto attacks between your rolls.
  • LOL HE DC'D AFTER KILLED HIM
  • I think rushing bottle mid is good, I'll have to try this
  • 5:30, because you have stun level 1 you have to kick back instantly otherwise they move
  • Good gank at 6:30, exactly what you should do
  • 10:00 Good TP, but you needed to silence at 10:10 with the rock you dropped to AoE Ult. They last a few seconds before they get consumed. 10:30 should have silenced again with rock.
  • 11:20 should have tried to stall for ult in 10 seconds
  • 11:30 Ult, then silence should have worked here. Keep in mind rock direction is from the center point of your hero to where you click.
  • I think your team is scared to fight which should not be humanly possible if you have an ES with Ult. You can't convert any pickoffs into towers let alone tower damage. Urn helps here the most.
  • Instead of Force I would have built Vlads because of your team comp.
  • WP at 16 minutes to save Abba, What I would have done was to pull him and silence the people chasing him in a line, not sure it would have worked
  • WR being fat as hell and getting a 17m Orchid suddenly makes me understand what happened.
  • TEAM FEED. You killed 2 for free at their T2 mid and then don't push it?
  • Try to look at your minimap more. I think this is a benefit of WASD camera, but I never have to mouse to my screen edges.
  • 30minutes in and here is where your team lost. You keep roaming as 3 or 4 for a long time and not doing anything. Two of them have picked up BKB. You had a lot of chances to pressure towers early (which is safe because you have an aoe ranged silence). If you just had a lane ward behind the tower to check for Invoker / WR Orchid I think you could have had 2 extra towers by now. Also why did WK not get the Aegis?
    Your team never turned pickoffs into tower damage, fed WR, WK stopped farming after 20 minutes. You did what you needed to early game, the only other main thing I'd say is to cast silence, then roll to escape.

I'd have gone for a Sheep like you did, the force staff doesn't do much vs that lineup though. Vlads + Urn would make tower sieging more appealing to your team.

Hylian7

I'm watching now

• Missed first blood twice on Invoker at 2 minutes. You have a bottle, just use your mana and kill him. SB was there too, but you could just kick him into your creeps and finish the job even at Level 3 because you fit in auto attacks between your rolls.
  • LOL HE DC'D AFTER KILLED HIM
  • I think rushing bottle mid is good, I'll have to try this
  • 5:30, because you have stun level 1 you have to kick back instantly otherwise they move
  • Good gank at 6:30, exactly what you should do
  • 10:00 Good TP, but you needed to silence at 10:10 with the rock you dropped to AoE Ult. They last a few seconds before they get consumed. 10:30 should have silenced again with rock.
  • 11:20 should have tried to stall for ult in 10 seconds
  • 11:30 Ult, then silence should have worked here. Keep in mind rock direction is from the center point of your hero to where you click.
  • I think your team is scared to fight which should not be humanly possible if you have an ES with Ult. You can't convert any pickoffs into towers let alone tower damage. Urn helps here the most.
  • Instead of Force I would have built Vlads because of your team comp.
  • WP at 16 minutes to save Abba, What I would have done was to pull him and silence the people chasing him in a line, not sure it would have worked
  • WR being fat as hell and getting a 17m Orchid suddenly makes me understand what happened.
  • TEAM FEED. You killed 2 for free at their T2 mid and then don't push it?
  • Try to look at your minimap more. I think this is a benefit of WASD camera, but I never have to mouse to my screen edges.
  • 30minutes in and here is where your team lost. You keep roaming as 3 or 4 for a long time and not doing anything. Two of them have picked up BKB. You had a lot of chances to pressure towers early (which is safe because you have an aoe ranged silence). If you just had a lane ward behind the tower to check for Invoker / WR Orchid I think you could have had 2 extra towers by now. Also why did WK not get the Aegis?
    Your team never turned pickoffs into tower damage, fed WR, WK stopped farming after 20 minutes. You did what you needed to early game, the only other main thing I'd say is to cast silence, then roll to escape.

I'd have gone for a Sheep like you did, the force staff doesn't do much vs that lineup though. Vlads + Urn would make tower sieging more appealing to your team.
Invoker was DC'd as soon as I rolled in on him. People actually DC 10 seconds before the game says they do. Sucks when it happens. You probably noticed him auto attacking creeps when I kicked him into the river.

I didn't even think of the Vlad's. The fed WR with Orchid was a huge problem, definitely. Didn't help that WK kept calling "b" on all those chances we had to take towers and everyone listened, so I had to back too.

Oh, and I took Aegis because WK told me to. I tried to tell him to take but he insisted.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
After seeing the Spike of Frostbite in game, I may just buy it off the market in a week. I'm guessing the value will just keep tanking, but I have to say I do like it.

Not really sure why the Drow Steam Cape is such a high tier reward, its not that great. Does it have some sort of particle?

traveler

Not Wario
After seeing the Spike of Frostbite in game, I may just buy it off the market in a week. I'm guessing the value will just keep tanking, but I have to say I do like it.

Not really sure why the Drow Steam Cape is such a high tier reward, its not that great. Does it have some sort of particle?

I just got a second one from crafting a badge. I'll just give it to you if you want. Dobogin is my steam name.

I have no idea why the cape is rarer than the sven sword. The sven sword has a unique particle and is really nice. The Drow cape is just a cape.

Haunted

I need a cool Dota 2 .gif for the GOTY 2013 thread and can't think of anything.

I was thinking of gyro getting hooked across the map during the international but that might be too confusing and fast for most.

iRP8Rn0k69UqV.gif

Ideas?

edit: alternatives
PudgeLifestealerTeamwork.gif

Taunt-CM-snowangel.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I was thinking of gyro getting hooked across the map during the international but that might be too confusing and fast for most.

iRP8Rn0k69UqV.gif

Ideas?

Maybe from the Fails of the Week episode where Timbersaw hooks a tree by the Dire fountain right before he dies, respawns instantly thanks to bloodstone, and then gets dragged across the map? There's a great first person view they did

Haunted

Maybe from the Fails of the Week episode where Timbersaw hooks a tree by the Dire fountain right before he dies, respawns instantly thanks to bloodstone, and then gets dragged across the map? There's a great first person view they did
Ha, I remember that one. Hilarious.

I think I'll go with the short/sweet midas into hook .gif for now. Shows off skill and the slowmo hopefully allows people to somewhat parse what happens.

Wow. I got really lucky with my Valve purchases. Picked up 5 microplusies and got a Shitty Wizard and a Shadow Blade and Dagon. I will never get anything good ever again in anything...

Sadly, I ended up with two Enigmas... Any gaffers have a Tidehunter they are willing to trade?

Tobe

Wow. I got really lucky with my Valve purchases. Picked up 5 microplusies and got a Shitty Wizard and a Shadow Blade and Dagon. I will never get anything good ever again in anything...

Sadly, I ended up with two Enigmas... Any gaffers have a Tidehunter they are willing to trade?

fuck valve. fucking up my courier just gonna say that. happy that you got the wizard but fuck valve.

arab

i just played with the greatest LC player in the wrld. she was jungling the enemy jungle from 5 minutes and ran train on their whole team several times. made no sense but i would give my left testicle for that kind of teammate again

F!ReW!Re

Ideas?

How about;

FearMeetsNavi.gif

xyVacuum.gif

StunTheBoar.gif

TI3NaviMouz.gif

i just played with the greatest LC player in the wrld. she was jungling the enemy jungle from 5 minutes and ran train on their whole team several times. made no sense but i would give my left testicle for that kind of teammate again

Dotabuff link?

Razzer

That Na'vi clip at the bottom would be perfect. Not too much clutter, there is a nice gap between each spell hitting and SF's animation is very obvious so it's easier to understand what happened. Looks pretty too.

rugioh

Banned
This is probably situational as are all of the questions that I post here, but fuck it:

Say you are so deep in the trench that occasionally in midlane you'll be squared up against an auto attacking sniper/drow/deathprophet that doesn't leave the lane for runes, and just attempts to push the wave into your tower as fast as possible. You won't get mid ganks even if you call for them. Noone warded the runes for you so you don't know where they are spawning. What do you do? I'm always conflicted about trying to get runes when the other mid is just pushing the waves since the tower will probably be down 20% if I leave lane to gank if a DD/haste/invis spawns. Is the trade worth it?

Nirvana

This is probably situational as are all of the questions that I post here, but fuck it:

Say you are so deep in the trench that occasionally in midlane you'll be squared up against an auto attacking sniper/drow/deathprophet that doesn't leave the lane for runes, and just attempts to push the wave into your tower as fast as possible. You won't get mid ganks even if you call for them. Noone warded the runes for you so you don't know where they are spawning. What do you do? I'm always conflicted about trying to get runes when the other mid is just pushing the waves since the tower will probably be down 20% if I leave lane to gank if a DD/haste/invis spawns. Is the trade worth it?

I guess at the start of the game you have to make the choice of whether it's worth buying wards and being set back on your bottle slightly, if your supports are really that bad. If it's constantly happening to you in matches, it can be worth it to buy your own wards, since you can also place them in likely gank routes to mid as well as the rune.

Either that, or pick heroes that punish squishy mids like Sniper and Drow, like Invoker, SF (with enough souls), Timbersaw etc. But you might want to start playing with friends if your team isn't doing basic warding for you, since if they aren't doing that, mid-late game is going to be infinitely harder than that original problem.

Acinixys

Wards are 150 gold

Thats 3 last hit. If youre not terrible you should get that easily. Runes make killing your enemy mid super easily, ESPECIALLY of theyre pushing the lane to your tower all the time. Ward only one rune, because if it doesnt spawn where your ward is its clearly at the other rune spawn

Even try asking a lane support to come help you gank. A single stun from a support can secure a kill

rugioh

Banned
Wards are 150 gold

Thats 3 last hit. If youre not terrible you should get that easily. Runes make killing your enemy mid super easily, ESPECIALLY of theyre pushing the lane to your tower all the time. Ward only one rune, because if it doesnt spawn where your ward is its clearly at the other rune spawn

Even try asking a lane support to come help you gank. A single stun from a support can secure a kill

You have a good point. If they're autoattacking and making it difficult to push the wave up to their highground should you still go for the runes anyway?

manfestival

that clip of axe getting ganked by mirana and brood is legit top tier clip for hilarity.

also just watched a legion commander ult a venomancer ward shrimp... lol

Haunted

Acinixys

You have a good point. If they're autoattacking and making it difficult to push the wave up to their highground should you still go for the runes anyway?

Yes

eventually the lane will push to your tower and you will have high ground advantage

Unless youre vs Drow who can push towers hard you should go get the rune to fill your bottle

Wok

The game is supposed to be free, but according to my late computations, it has cost me about 2 euros per hour. I got clothes and items for that price, but still. I am going to restrain myself for the new year.

Can I get a Match ID to this lol?

I changed the names for my Dragon Knight's gear:

oLN34UN.png

Tm2YsIn.png

Much better =3

The dangers of the Inscribed market. It makes you go crazy buying shit for stats. That's what? About $7 worth of Inscribed items and hammers n' shit? And when they release a shield and sword you like more, you'll have to bet like 8 of those chisel things to extract those and 8 more hammers to make the slots on the new one.

Someone hold me. I'm afraid of this brave new world. Gaben pls.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hammers and chisels aren't that bad. You will need 2 chisels and half a hammer to move all the gems over, they each have 5 charges and the hammer knocks everything out.

Hammers and chisels aren't that bad. You will need 2 chisels and half a hammer to move all the gems over, they each have 5 charges and the hammer knocks everything out.

The point remains. Just go through the pricing on the Steam Market. It's easy to put anywhere from $3-$30 worth of Inscribed "gems" on any given item in your inventory. On just one item out of the hundreds you have. Then you'll have to drop some amount to move them again and again. And unless something is Immortal or really special (to you), you WILL be moving them sooner or later.

The point remains. Just go through the pricing on the Steam Market. It's easy to put anywhere from $3-$30 worth of Inscribed "gems" on any given item in your inventory. On just one item out of the hundreds you have. Then you'll have to drop some amount to move them again and again. And unless something is Immortal or really special (to you), you WILL be moving them sooner or later.
or you could just

not buy them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom