• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on the Dota 2 Wiki that Bristleback was outright banned from several tournaments during the DotA era.

Are these particularly bad tournaments or noteworthy ones?

kasane

I read on the Dota 2 Wiki that Bristleback was outright banned from several tournaments during the DotA era.

I remember when we were playing on local tourneys and item sharing was still available on dota. a couple of heroes were auto banned.

Hung_real

He was official auto banned in one MYM PriDe (Dota 1 version of TI) I remember it quite well cause that was the one that they banned a bunch of Russian teams cause of roster stuffs

Before that, a lot of LAN drafting phase was doing on papers, so captains could shake hands and decided that BB was in the auto banned zone (The concept of "disabling new/remade heroes in cm" or "Tournament version" wasn't a thing back then) so no one had to waste a ban on the hero.

Hope that help !

Hung_real

inb4 Tong Fu gets shit on.

irA77fB.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Been having fun with invoker today, bit hard to determine just how to build him. Anything extra he can do to deal with really heavy push? I feel that the sheep stick I grabbed in my last game really didn't help much, any insight on my item/skill build?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/441564492

I went Midas > Phase > Force Staff > Void Stone > Shivas > Scepter > BoTs > Sheep Stick, and had gem and other detection here and there.

Nirvana

Been having fun with invoker today, bit hard to determine just how to build him. Anything extra he can do to deal with really heavy push? I feel that the sheep stick I grabbed in my last game really didn't help much, any insight on my item/skill build?

I went Midas > Phase > Force Staff > Void Stone > Shivas > Scepter > BoTs > Sheep Stick, and had gem and other detection here and there.

Been playing Invoker a lot lately and it generally seems to entirely rely on how well you do in the early game. He needs levels so badly, and despite not getting midas all that much, I think it might be necessary on him now, just so he can stay at a useful level in terms of effectiveness in the mid-late game if you manage to fall behind.

Aghs feels core to me and I've been getting it basically every time after force staff. Once you get it, he feels much more satisfying and useful to play.

ElyrionX

Hex seems to be built a lot on Invoker in the pro games and not Eul even though Eul provides a much easier transition to mid and late game and helps you setup the sunstrike meatball blast combo.

I don't know about Midas on Invoker though. Is the 2.5x exp on one creep every 90 secs really worth the 1.5k gold?

And finally, boots. Phase seems to be the most common but I think Treads or even just brown boots (into BoT late game) make sense too. What do you guys prefer?

ElyrionX

A well-placed Tornado into Meteor and Blast can repel most pushes especially those that come without BKB.

Ice Wall is often forgotten but a strategically-placed one can buy precious time.

Other than that, he doesn't really have anything to clear waves fast and struggles a lot with rat dota. The issue is that none of his aoe damage spells are spammable.

Bristleback is a surprisingly stressful hero to play.

Mostly because if the game is in balance there's not all that much he can do (he can do plenty in pitched teamfights still) and his playstyle doesn't lend itself to relaxing gameplay.

Hylian7

So...if I were to put a "Inscribed Flesh Heap" gem on my Dragonclaw Hook, would that affect the value of it positively or negatively or not at all?

kasane

So...if I were to put a "Inscribed Flesh Heap" gem on my Dragonclaw Hook, would that affect the value of it positively or negatively or not at all?

It would be 0 so inscribe it and give it to me...

Im kidding i have no idea. You could remove the inscription anyways

Hylian7

It would be 0 so inscribe it and give it to me...

Im kidding i have no idea. You could remove the inscription anyways

Ah, good to know, I wanted to put a Pudge related gem on my Dragonclaw Hook and the first chest I opened had a Flesh Heap gem in it. So lucky!

Edit: Why is putting my gem on my hook not working? I drag it up in the empty socket (I made one with a chisel), and nothing happens. The gem disappears from the bottom, but if I hit Cancel and go back to Socketing the gem is back.

kasane

Ah, good to know, I wanted to put a Pudge related gem on my Dragonclaw Hook and the first chest I opened had a Flesh Heap gem in it. So lucky!

I forget what the item was called. I got one for free in the christmas chests

Edit: its called artificiers hammer

kasane

Edit: Why is putting my gem on my hook not working? I drag it up in the empty socket (I made one with a chisel), and nothing happens. The gem disappears from the bottom, but if I hit Cancel and go back to Socketing the gem is back.
I have never experienced anything like that. Maybe its just bugged or something?

Edit: Nvm then lol

Edit 2: i know there are better gems for pudge hook like enemies hooked and enemies killed by hook etc.

Hylian7

I have never experienced anything like that. Maybe its just bugged or something?

Edit: Nvm then lol

Edit 2: i know there are better gems for pudge hook like enemies hooked and enemies killed by hook etc.

And that's what multiple sockets are for. Ideally I'd like to get it filled out with Pudge-specific gems eventually.

Was wondering if any of you guys would know about any resources that I could use to better understand how taking towers down work in terms of pushing lanes?

Was trying to research it a bit and I came across some stuff that said how taking down a Tier 1 tower early was bad since it pushed the lane, which isn't ideal early game. How true would you say that statement is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom