• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

The dangers of the Inscribed market. It makes you go crazy buying shit for stats. That's what? About $7 worth of Inscribed items and hammers n' shit? And when they release a shield and sword you like more, you'll have to bet like 8 of those chisel things to extract those and 8 more hammers to make the slots on the new one.

Someone hold me. I'm afraid of this brave new world. Gaben pls.

Regardless of how good it is for the players, I think these new additions to the market must be increasing Valve's revenue by quite a bit. I've seen lots of people embracing them. Especially with the sale many people even here on GAF have spent tons.

Quesa

I changed the names for my Dragon Knight's gear:

oLN34UN.png

Tm2YsIn.png

Much better =3

77NQBYq.png

Regardless of how good it is for the players, I think these new additions to the market must be increasing Valve's revenue by quite a bit. I've seen lots of people embracing them. Especially with the sale many people even here on GAF have spent tons.

Everything that can be sold is making Valve money, yes. The more little junk like this they can give away in-game only to be sold is just free money coming their way. Quite literally free money.

or you could just

not buy them

People should do whatever they want if it makes them happy. Perhaps my original posts on this subject haven't clear to you, but I'm just recommending people exercise caution and restraint because you can end up buying a lot of stuff for a lot of money that will be quite worthless later. We saw this in TF2 and we're seeing it here. Prices are high for what these bring to the game suggesting to me that they will all drop significantly over the upcoming weeks. From what I'm seeing for the more interesting gems, you can drop some serious coin on these things right now.

So knock yourself out but don't drown.

People should do whatever they want if it makes them happy. Perhaps my original posts on this subject haven't clear to you, but I'm just recommending people exercise caution and restraint because you can end up buying a lot of stuff for a lot of money that will be quite worthless later. Prices are high for what these bring to the game suggesting to me that they will all drop significantly over the upcoming weeks. From what I'm seeing for the more interesting gems, you can drop some serious coin on these things right now.

So knock yourself out but don't drown.
Yeah I'd agree with all that.

I must have misunderstood your original intention.

Edit: Yeah I must be out of it or something I read that as something along the lines of you saying it was all really necessary or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gotta get inscribed finger kills.
That's at least one of the cheaper gems, going for only $.50.

It's annoying that rubick can use almost any gem, but only had 4 item slots. 20 sockets doesn't go far when there are 400 spells in the game.

Since gems right now only come from chests and shining fragments, I think they will likely have a $.30 price a floor for really common or undesirable gems, but that gives the upper end ones a long way to fall. I wonder what valve is going to do when a gem is made 'useless' due to a ability being flat out removed.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The point remains. Just go through the pricing on the Steam Market. It's easy to put anywhere from $3-$30 worth of Inscribed "gems" on any given item in your inventory. On just one item out of the hundreds you have. Then you'll have to drop some amount to move them again and again. And unless something is Immortal or really special (to you), you WILL be moving them sooner or later.

I thought gems reset when you took them out of the item?

I thought gems reset when you took them out of the item?

No, the gems don't reset their counters. Not even if you sell them on the market. Which I think is cool. You can manually reset the count of each gem individually at any time for free (that is, you don't need any items to do it) if you wish. Just go into the gem view of a given item and right-click the gem.

Razzer

Turns out you can do anything in the trench as long as you are better than the enemy. Just played a game as CM where after buying courier and wards (I later upgraded and bought all wards myself plus the gem) my team all go side lanes forcing me to go mid with just regen items. SF out CS's me hard, but I kill him then go 8-0 because we won all our lanes haha. That ult does so much fucking damage holy shit.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/441234055

F#A#Oo

Banned
What items and skill builds do you all recommend for Razor...?

I've been going: Aquila, Phase, Yasha, Aghanim and then...I don't really know...

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
What items and skill builds do you all recommend for Razor...?

I've been going: Aquila, Phase, Yasha, Aghanim and then...I don't really know...

I personally don't see the point of getting an Aquila. I personally prefer drums. Aghanims is nice if you plan to go pusher and hope nobody groups on you.

Otherwise BKB and items that keep you up are the best items you can get with razor. His static link works very well to negate the carry's damage (FYI: It can be used on illusions)

taking me forever to find a match in captain's draft again. either people stopped playing this mode or ranked, cause it definitely wasn't like this one/two weeks ago

edit: 10 min and i'm not even that high. and i usually play with the same people too

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When the hell did the price of the Sunstrike kills gem get so high, its going for over $5. Even Tornado kills is going for $1.50, I was thinking of blinging up my Invoker Pauldrons, but I don't wanna pay that.

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
When the hell did the price of the Sunstrike kills gem get so high, its going for over $5. Even Tornado kills is going for $1.50, I was thinking of blinging up my Invoker Pauldrons, but I don't wanna pay that.

I was under the assumption everyone wanted to be Dendi.

Demoli

I don't cary what anybody says, Batrider is every bit OP now as he is before, Every single time i played him, or had him played against/with me in a match in this new patch it has single handedly ruled the match.

Also, i'm feeling a storm a brewing:

A1IvXmG.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I love when I partial stack for Random Draft. The 1-2 randoms on our team ALWAYS get to pick first and they always pick the most useless heroes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No hero is worthless.

In a typical random draft lineup there are usually a handful of heroes in the pool that have a distinct advantage over the rest. Heroes that don't have any easy counters. Having your randoms first pick carries when there are heroes like Pugna in the draft is a huge bummer.

In a typical random draft lineup there are usually a handful of heroes in the pool that have a distinct advantage over the rest. Heroes that don't have any easy counters. Having your randoms first pick carries when there are heroes like Pugna in the draft is a huge bummer.
carries are useless

-liquid! Dec 26th 2013

ElyrionX

I have spent something like $100 in December alone. Bought around four sets from the Store as well as Frost Owl's Beacon, Winter's Solstice, Heaven-Piercing Pauldrons and many other small items from the Market. I hope for better self control in the year ahead.

ElyrionX

So how much have you guys spent this month?

The Store sale has caused the price of many items in the Market to crash and those items, especially the higher rarity ones, are likely going to appreciate in value once the sale ends. Trading opportunity aside, it's a good time to pick up items you want either from the Store or the Market.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So how much have you guys spent this month?

The Store sale has caused the price of many items in the Market to crash and those items, especially the higher rarity ones, are likely going to appreciate in value once the sale ends. Trading opportunity aside, it's a good time to pick up items you want either from the Store or the Market.

$1 on a Wraith Night booster.

Being poor. :^(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom