• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

LK6GpeG.jpg
ggabe

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
http://dotabuff.com/matches/799171769

Had a great match as invoker mid, ganked a lot and did got some awesome sunstrike kills. However once brew got blink it was all over, brew shit on us and the rest of his team followed. Even tough we had a doom with blink he never initiated, he always got initiated to completely fucking us because once brew got his ult off the fight was pretty much over. This finally culminated in our base defense where doom asked if it was ok to go in......only to be jumped by brew inside our base, he hesitated and it costed us the game. Fuck brew his ult is so strong when they 5 man, also fuck my team a bunch of fucking retarded assholes, they blamed for the loss and called me a fag.

Kuro and Pupppy on far left and far right lol.

Sing speaking dutch on stream now haha, funny how 3 out the 5 speak dutch. Almost feels weird to understand it, since he rarely talks it on stream.
is he still "in character" or whatever? i know when some people speak another language they can just sound totally different in their normal demeanor

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I started playing this game. I want to keep playing but I feel like I'm never going to be even decent unless I memorize the item recipes and all the heros and their stats and special abilities, which would take forever. And at that point I could actually think about some team strategies. I think having this many heroes is bad game design.

Anyways, what should I do to get better within reason? I've been in the limited heros noob section for 15 games and I'm still getting mauled.

Start reading guides and watching replays of good players.

When I got conned into dota 1 by my friends 8 years ago I sucked so hard, so I decided I'd always have a guide to tab out to in the LAN cafe, for every hero I played. The guide would tell me exactly how to skill, what to buy, and how to play, and it worked wonders. Helped me out immensely, and after a month or two of playing, I stopped needing guides for certain heroes as I started to learn the general playstyle, item builds, and skill builds.

That was back when I didn't have easy access to replays though. These days you can probably just find someone who is really good at the game through dotabuff (or just any pro player), find replays of a hero they play that you would like to master, and just skim through it and see how they play.

And like others have said, dota is pretty complex aside from the massive hero pool. Getting down the basics like good positioning, map awareness, general reflexes, last hitting, lane control, farming efficiently, decision making, etc..., these will carry you on pretty much any hero. However, it's good to start small, baby steps, and just start by trying to master a few heroes--you'll also see yourself get better at the general mechanics when you do this.

Reckoner

How do you see if the game is too laggy in Dota 2? I feel like I haven't understood it yet, a thing so simple and trivial. Like, yesterday I put one Lucent Beam on Templar Assassin and I didn't even see it register and I wonder if it was lag or something else - like her Q.

Wok

How do you see if the game is too laggy in Dota 2? I feel like I haven't understood it yet, a thing so simple and trivial. Like, yesterday I put one Lucent Beam on Templar Assassin and I didn't even see it register and I wonder if it was lag or something else - like her Q.

TA can go into invicibility mode, so this might be the reason.

Wok

That was why I wondered. Even being that, how does lag translate in-game in a moba like Dota 2?

Typically, you right-click on the map to the right of your hero, and then to the left of your hero, but the hero does not obey immediately and you have to wait for maybe 1 second before he does what you ordered (i.e. the hero heads left).

That was why I wondered. Even being that, how does lag translate in-game in a moba like Dota 2?

Type in "-ping" and you'll see your ping.

It's just a delay and some stuff might start jumping around.

What you think is lag is probably turn rates and cast times.

Typically, you right-click on the map to the right of your hero, and then to the left of your hero, but the hero does not obey immediately and you have to wait for maybe 1 second before he does what you ordered (i.e. the hero heads left).

This is a poor representation of lag as it is representing turn rate and people who come from lol or hon commonly mistake it for such.

Reckoner

Type in "-ping" and you'll see your ping.

It's just a delay and some stuff might start jumping around.

What you think is lag is probably turn rates and cast times.

This is a poor representation of lag as it is representing turn rate and people who come from lol or hon commonly mistake it for such.

Exactly because of turn rates and cast times I was having a hard time figuring it out and discern that from lag. Thanks! Then I guess I haven't encountered really noticeable lag yet.

Kade

I watched some of my replays and I am a big scaredy cat. I just roam around and do nothing most of the time. I don't want to die.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Question for offlane void: MoM first, then scepter/refresh? Or just go scepter first?
Depends on flow of game and if you are getting farm or need to carry at like 40 minutes while pressured.

Universe is 6.3 and gets 4.5-5.0k teammates and goes PMS -> Treads -> MoM -> Mjollnir -> BKB usually.

Zeth

Just had a game with bloodseeker with bad start.

First one: http://dotabuff.com/matches/799233305
Went jungle was very slow start died 2 times, and then hit lvl 6 game changed.

I think Bloodseeker is pretty strong in lane, jungle start is sounds suboptimal to me in most situations. I like to get mostly early-mid game items to ensure snowballing like oov>drum>yash

Perceptions of the Eternal Mind up to $90 - I sold at 68, thanks STEVE! lol

Falk

that puzzling face

1 second holy shit are you playing from the moon

Falk

that puzzling face
It happens. I am on Wifi.

Well, I used to raid WoW vanilla from South East Asia and we honest to God beat AQ40 with 900ms pings.

That's WoW and PVE though. I can't fathom how anyone would even live with a 350+ ping on an ARTS. Heck, even 200ms is a significant disadvantage. 1k is a few leagues beyond on its own.

Wok

Well, I used to raid WoW vanilla from South East Asia and we honest to God beat AQ40 with 900ms pings.

That's WoW and PVE though. I can't fathom how anyone would even live with a 350+ ping on an ARTS. Heck, even 200ms is a significant disadvantage. 1k is a few leagues beyond on its own.

I am usually at 100 ms ping, but sometimes, lots of people connect to the router, then they start downloading stuff or skyping or whatever, and I get a 1 second ping. My dota teammates usually ask to report me when this happens.

Top Bottom