• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Pretty low risk investment. It's essentially a qualify for Ti7 2 month contract. If they don't they can pick up NP or disbsnd

Pretty low risk investment. It's essentially a qualify for Ti7 2 month contract. If they don't they can pick up NP or disbsnd

I'm wondering if NP is gonna try and poach any of old-DC's lineup. DC is having an increasingly hard time qualifying for events in NA, and now I think they're planning on heading back to EU.

Watching Day 9 play Enchantress was so much fun.

The moment he realized he can control multiple units was so adorable:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyDifficultPoxRlyTho

C9UAQ2jWsAMGncW.jpg

FUCK YEAH

Overwaifu is the new laifu
RIP

Go where the young money is.

They're gonna be Thunderbirds at Kiev/TS7. No sponsor yet.

I hope they blow DC out of the water. It seems like such and odd move and I really don't like half of Onyx's players and Alyssa is a friend of a friend of mine so I hate seeing her get shuffled around like EG did before she went to DC.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Is there some kind of logic or rationale behind the +gold talents that I'm missing? For instance, Shadow Demon doesn't have one, while Faceless Void has +120, when Void seems to me to be a much more serious threat with farm than does SD.

Is there some kind of logic or rationale behind the +gold talents that I'm missing? For instance, Shadow Demon doesn't have one, while Faceless Void has +120, when Void seems to me to be a much more serious threat with farm than does SD.

Someone said it was more a placeholder than anything, people think.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What a weird move with DC right now. I wonder if Sunsfan will create another team and sponsor Thunderbird, or if he is done with the Team Ownership stuff.

shira

EE doesn't seem like he'd be a good coach...

EE is going to test every build and watch all the replays anyway - so you have a tireless workhorse who needs no external motivation. Blitz can handle the strategy & interpersonal relationship stuff - EE can handle the stats and replays

Also it's almost crucial that EE be at the event and the after-party to poach top-level players for NP.

Gaaraz

Guys, is there any item I could've bought in this game as Riki which would've helped against Chaos Knight? https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3117871738

I was doing well early game, but as soon as they bunched up I couldn't do shit in a team fight other than jump on the more squishy heroes and ulti before CK used his combo on me :(

Maybe I should've got a Linkens?

shira

Guys, is there any item I could've bought in this game as Riki which would've helped against Chaos Knight? https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3117871738

I was doing well early game, but as soon as they bunched up I couldn't do shit in a team fight other than jump on the more squishy heroes and ulti before CK used his combo on me :(

Maybe I should've got a Linkens?

The stats and cooldown talents make him a monster. I try to just win early because my computer lags when he pops 10 illusions.

Top 12 WR now in 7.05
Respecther back at #1

What a weird move with DC right now. I wonder if Sunsfan will create another team and sponsor Thunderbird, or if he is done with the Team Ownership stuff.

Weird, I thought he was still involved with a team

Gaaraz

Thanks! Yeah I hate playing against a fed CK. I always try to ban him, but maybe if he doesn't get banned I should just pick him. I can't remember the last time I was on a team with a Chaos Knight :(

And would Battlefury work during my ulti? I guess that'd be OP. I'm trash too don't worry :)

Hylian7

Thanks! Yeah I hate playing against a fed CK. I always try to ban him, but maybe if he doesn't get banned I should just pick him. I can't remember the last time I was on a team with a Chaos Knight :(

And would Battlefury work during my ulti? I guess that'd be OP. I'm trash too don't worry :)

Battle Fury does work on Riki's ult, however the question comes down to is it worth it?

Years ago I remember doing BF Riki a few times when heroes like PL were in their heyday (Doppelwalk edition, not how he is now) and Riki didn't have the same kit he does now, invis was his ult back then. I feel like it would be more valid now, but I have not played him in a year or two.

shira

From the get-go n-word this, f-word that, report him, puta that
io jungle main, silencer jungle side, no offlane, pugna mid and no courier:
https://www.opendota.com/matches/3118549010

we won

NP and NIP going to Kiev

- Also Fantasy + Compendium Hero/Team/Player/Tournament predictions are up
Bracket predictions to come

- Interesting it's also Swiss format group stages
http://www.thekievmajor.com/swiss-format/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

t1493017200z1.png

Groups stages begin

Chris R

Work conference in Austin 24th-26th, then limited internet vacation after that...

Not gonna see ANY of the games if I had to guess ;_;

Big-E

Still trying to get through my 10 ranked seeding matches and the quality of games compared to just a normal search is so bad. I have only had one decent the game, the rest have had people intentionally feeding, abandoning before 12 minutes, have people signal they will be mid only for someone else to pick a mid hero and then go mid causing a fight to begin before the game even starts, or someone with last pick completely fucking up. How does normal search work in finding matches?

shira

Still trying to get through my 10 ranked seeding matches and the quality of games compared to just a normal search is so bad. I have only had one decent the game, the rest have had people intentionally feeding, abandoning before 12 minutes, have people signal they will be mid only for someone else to pick a mid hero and then go mid causing a fight to begin before the game even starts, or someone with last pick completely fucking up. How does normal search work in finding matches?

I think the matches don't count for much more like +/- a few 100 mmr.
The system already knows if you are 3k or 1k

And 1 out of 10 good matches in solo queue is sadly pretty decent.

Mabef

Banned
Anyone have advice on getting ti7 finals tickets this late in the game? I missed the boat when they first went on sale, and didn't get the memo that they continued to come available (?) in waves. I just assumed I'd have to buy third-party.

Right now I have a ticketmaster page auto refreshing, but there's no guarantee I can keep my eye on this for hours/days (though I'll try to). Stubhub is running them for $80 extra, so that may be my route.

shira

Anyone have advice on getting ti7 finals tickets this late in the game? I missed the boat when they first went on sale, and didn't get the memo that they continued to come available (?) in waves. I just assumed I'd have to buy third-party.

Right now I have a ticketmaster page auto refreshing, but there's no guarantee I can keep my eye on this for hours/days (though I'll try to). Stubhub is running them for $80 extra, so that may be my route.

Almost every year I've seen the same thing.
Got tickets need to sell them. Wedding/buddy canceled/got a job etc.
You can play chicken with the scalpers/resellers and see when they break, but almost every year it ends up that people sell tickets at cost or lower as we near the event and accommodations dry up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ti7tickets/
https://www.ebay.com

Basically, if you want to go - secure lodging and airfare now and worry about tickets later.
I think this year was pretty ineffective for scalpers.

Also the past two years Valve has released extra tickets a month before the event at cost on ticketmaster. So keep an eye on reddit or ticketmaster.

Hylian7

You can play chicken with the scalpers/resellers and see when they break, but almost every year it ends up that people sell tickets at cost or lower as we near the event and accommodations dry up.

Basically, if you want to go - secure lodging and airfare now and worry about tickets later.

Also the past two years Valve has released extra tickets a month before the event at cost on ticketmaster. So keep an eye on reddit or ticketmaster.

There were also door tickets sold last year.

TUSR

Banned
We have a new pro 9ker, welcome Madara

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH AF.Madara ? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

Hylian7

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH AF.Madara ? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

jugg-dizzy.gif

Mabef

Banned

Thanks for the advice, helps a lot. I attended last year but a friend took care of all the ticket shenanigans for us. I'll have to keep an eye out.

There were also door tickets sold last year.

Sold by Valve?

Last year I saw one guy buy a pass off some rando, then later saw him in line at the customer service area yelling at a cop (...his pass wasn't working).

Hylian7

Thanks for the advice, helps a lot. I attended last year but a friend took care of all the ticket shenanigans for us. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Sold by Valve?

Last year I saw one guy buy a pass off some rando, then later saw him in line at the customer service area yelling at a cop (...his pass wasn't working).

Yeah, if I remember correctly they were selling them at the booth.

Kopite

Just played a game as AM where another guy randomed Bane, laned with me and proceeded to nightmare me to secure last hits.

I think I'm done with the game for a while, hopefully free Starcraft releases soon.

J2d

Man I really need to find another go to hero other than necro, but playing solo he's the only one I comfortly play offlane with, 15 wins in the last 20 with a chance to go 17. The hero is a fucking beast and so easy to play with my low skills :/

J2d

Drunk dota is best dota, we're losing gold so I pick spirit breaker as first pick, someone wants brood so I put myself on the safe lane, go take a piss and I'm suddenly the carry with no real carries and pudge mid. We did our dysfunctional best at least

Top Bottom