• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

Dates of Interest
full listings
Kiev Major Group Stages April 24
t1493017200z1.png

TI7 Main Stage Aug 7
t1502121600z4.png

Pro Dota Results
- Apr 16 SLiI#2 iG qualify for LAN
- Apr 16 Summit 7 Clutch qualiy for LAN
- Apr 14 DC becomes Thunderbirds, Onyx becomes new DC
- Apr 14 Manila Masters Faceless qualify for LAN
- Apr 10 Zotac C9 qualify for LAN
- Apr 4 DAC 1. iG 2. OG 3. Newbee
- Mar 22 Manila Masters iG qualify for LAN
- Mar 12-14 Kiev Major FL, TnC, iG, iGV, VP, SG, Secret, Onyx qualify for LAN

RdajQ72.png

April
Apr 24-25, 27-30
Kiev Major LAN Kiev, UKR
$3000k
16: EG, OG, Wings, DC, NB, VGJ, iG, iGV, SG, Thunderbirds, VP, Secret, TnC, FL, TL, Mouz

May
May 18-21
Starladder/iLeague Invitational #2 Shanghai, CN
$100k
8: VGJ, Newbee, iG, 5 TBD

May 26-28
The Masters Manila, PHL
$250k
8: EG, OG, NB, Secret, NP, iG, FL, 1 TBD

May 30-Jun 3
Zotac Cup Masters Tapei, TW
$100k
8: C9, 7 TBD

Moppeh

Banned
Shit might change if Thunderbirds win the major.

Maybe they hire EE fore TI7

That's true.

By the way, that Thunderbirds logo sucks. Considering how rich those guys are, I was hoping they would at least hire a graphic designer to make something more professional, even if them being Thunderbirds is only temporary.

I feel the same way about SG. They are going to a major and they have a logo that looks like it was thrown together in half an hour.

eSports is fucking brutal for teams, man.

So many come and go it's hard to keep track.

FATA is the best friend of one of my friends. I always wanted to get in touch with Adrian and ask him how he deals with the pressure but I haven't come around to do it yet. Sadly, my contact to that friend has died down a little too.

Qvoth

i do wonder if it's better for the dota 2 esports scene for official teams to start having longer term contracts (1 year? for example) with players in exchange of a bigger cut of the winnings
having roster change every few months was cute but now it's just stupid i feel
wtzgU.gif

i do wonder if it's better for the dota 2 esports scene for official teams to start having longer term contracts (1 year? for example) with players in exchange of a bigger cut of the winnings
having roster change every few months was cute but now it's just stupid i feel
wtzgU.gif

I think that was similar to the reasoning behind Valve's decision to require roster locks for a period of time during major season.

With that being said, I really like Valve's approach of inviting PLAYERS over TEAMS, which leads to players like Spartan and crew still getting into Kiev despite not wanting to renew their contract.

Let's see if they've kept up their form being free agents though.

My brother is 4-0 on Draskyl when he's played against him with his friends in party ranked.

Crazy to think that he's bopping these streamers / personalities lol.

Hylian7

i haven't played a match of dota 2 since 2014.

is now a good time to jump back in?

Yes, but keep in mind that shit is gonna be really weird to you at first.

You don't level stats anymore, you have talents at 10, 15, 20, and 25. Ults are at 6, 12, and 18 now instead of 6, 11, 16.

Shrines are a thing now, they heal in an AoE around them when you right click them. There's one in each jungle and a handful in base. 5 minute cooldown.

There's a scanner with a 3.5 minute cooldown that tells you if there's enemies in the area you scan on the map. Does not work on Rosh pit. (Yet you would not believe the number of people that still try to scan the Rosh Pit.

Lots of Aghs and reworks of heroes. New items.

Monkey King.

Yes, but keep in mind that shit is gonna be really weird to you at first.

You don't level stats anymore, you have talents at 10, 15, 20, and 25. Ults are at 6, 12, and 18 now instead of 6, 11, 16.

Shrines are a thing now, they heal in an AoE around them when you right click them. There's one in each jungle and a handful in base. 5 minute cooldown.

There's a scanner with a 3.5 minute cooldown that tells you if there's enemies in the area you scan on the map. Does not work on Rosh pit. (Yet you would not believe the number of people that still try to scan the Rosh Pit.

Lots of Aghs and reworks of heroes. New items.

Monkey King.

I remember reading those changes. Sounds like they took a bunch from HOTS (which I left dota to go play).

Will I still be told to "git gut fgt" and "cyka blyat"?
I'm guessing yes.

Hylian7

I remember reading those changes. Sounds like they took a bunch from HOTS (which I left dota to go play).

I'm guessing yes.

I feel like I have seen less of that over the last few years. I definitely can't remember the last time I saw "cyka blyat" or even seen a Russian in one of my games.

They definitely took some ideas from HotS, but I feel like they are implemented in a Dota-like fashion, if that makes sense. For instance, in HotS the talents effectively replace items. Not the case in Dota.`

bbd23

I'm guessing yes.

nah, its all about saying "end" in all chat and being afk in base at minute 10 now

Twookie

there's a bot tournament going on sometime soon with 24 of the most subscribed bots but other than that I cannot say I know much about how far the custom bots have become :/

Gaaraz

Guys, is it possible to sell the Winter Battlepass Chests? If so how? A friend said he sold them for around €2 but I can't see the option on mine... I've just unlocked a Winter Battle Pass Treasure II chest and it's in my inventory, but I can't see it under my Steam inventory to list it in the marketplace.

shira

Compendium predictions compilation: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k_edWIomIc6iUYrZX86aQV_6wQsRdqe-BueGI7kHCM0/edit?usp=sharing

Guys, is it possible to sell the Winter Battlepass Chests? If so how? A friend said he sold them for around €2 but I can't see the option on mine... I've just unlocked a Winter Battle Pass Treasure II chest and it's in my inventory, but I can't see it under my Steam inventory to list it in the marketplace.
It should be sellable, maybe steam market lag

shira

http://blog.dota2.com/2017/04/the-kiev-major-and-beyond/

This year, to distinguish the players who support The International and contribute directly to the tournament prize pool, all TI Battle Pass items will remain exclusive through next year's International. Items that you earn can each be gifted once, and players who unlock Ultra Rare items will still be able to trade them as in the past.

For teams who would join the ranks of the year's top tournament, The International Regional Qualifiers will be held on June 26th – 29th to determine the final contenders who will meet in Seattle August 7 – 12 for a chance at ultimate victory.

TODAY'S UPDATE

Today's update includes the addition of a Stats section to every hero's About tab. Now you can easily see details on each hero's Attributes and level gains; their base attack, defense, and mobility stats; and base health/mana pools and regeneration.

We've also updated the report-granting mechanism to scale directly with the number of games played, fixed the Player Conduct Summary not showing recent commends, and changed report functionality so enemy players can now only be reported for communication abuse.

weird

lol wtf, sonneiko is back to navi. rmn out

Na'Vi is a carousel of trying to make players work. It's crazy how unstable their Dota 2 team is.

Also I've said it before and I'll say it again but FUCK the Valve system of treasures lately. I miss being able to pay 5-6$ for the exact skins I wanted.

Twookie

That Na'Vi roster looks pretty solid now. Biver is a pretty good player(8.5k mmr while only playing supports) and always seemed a bit better than RMN. Will be interesting to see how sonneiko will gel with the rest, especially since they speak english ingame now

I just had the perfect dota game:

Had to firstpick and picked PA
Next picks: Invoker, SK, Axe, Rubik
I get no lane because Axe top vs Brood and SK was mad an farmed bot
I go help FB, help gank a bit, get midas and actually farm quite decent for the situation I am in
Then we fuck up Rosh -> Axe gets mad at Invoker
Axe remains mad, and we loose another teamfight. Axe now sells all items and feed divine
Invoker is nearly crying over Voice Chat
Invoker abandons 10 seconds before we loose
SK did nothing of note the whole game

THE.PERFECT.DOTA.GAME

Top Bottom