• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

b0e54b086f665e286d274b3ea66dc874640ad7a5_hq.gif

Hylian7

From being a developer, I'm extremely curious how the hell the report/conduct system works, because it amazes me how it's fully automated AND accurate. I posted earlier about that guy on my team that was toxic from minute zero, and he claimed he was reporting people before the horn, and he said "It's great because I know it's automated and they'll get LPQ." I know I'm one of the people he reported, and yet I didn't get LPQ. There have been plenty of times I have reported people for legitimate reasons (clearly intentional feeds, ability abuse, chat abuse) and within minutes after the game I get the "action taken" notification. It's amazing how accurate it is, and I'm curious how it works. Does it analyze speech patterns or something?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
From being a developer, I'm extremely curious how the hell the report/conduct system works, because it amazes me how it's fully automated AND accurate. I posted earlier about that guy on my team that was toxic from minute zero, and he claimed he was reporting people before the horn, and he said "It's great because I know it's automated and they'll get LPQ." I know I'm one of the people he reported, and yet I didn't get LPQ. There have been plenty of times I have reported people for legitimate reasons (clearly intentional feeds, ability abuse, chat abuse) and within minutes after the game I get the "action taken" notification. It's amazing how accurate it is, and I'm curious how it works. Does it analyze speech patterns or something?

I assume its just some weighting systems. Like, a report is worth from 0-1 points. You need say 3 points to get a punishment. People who get punished have their weight lowered, and when ever you report someone your report weight is also lowered. Likely the only way to raise it is to play without using it or getting reported. So eventually people who are constantly punished or spam reports have their reports reduced to 0 points, and people who rarely report are worth the max amount. Valve has redone it several times, but it looks like the current version works well. I bet the game can automatically report you if it detects you intentional feeding too.

Kalnos

Banned
I assume its just some weighting systems. Like, a report is worth from 0-1 points. You need say 3 points to get a punishment. People who get punished have their weight lowered, and when ever you report someone your report weight is also lowered. Likely the only way to raise it is to play without using it or getting reported. So eventually people who are constantly punished or spam reports have their reports reduced to 0 points, and people who rarely report are worth the max amount. Valve has redone it several times, but it looks like the current version works well. I bet the game can automatically report you if it detects you intentional feeding too.

This, I think that it's heavily hinted at with the Player Conduct Summary that if you go 'x' length without getting reported that you become farther from punishment.

I can't find it right now, but I swear at some point it was revealed that the game can track stuff like repeated map pinging in the same location and mutes. That stuff would definitely help figure out if a report is valid or not.

Maybe it was linked to that behaviour score console command that came out?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
PPD and universe out of EG.

Wtf is happening.

Waited till right after their meet and greet at PAX was over.

I really doubt all 5 will end up on PPD's new team. In fact, its can't happen, since Zai is going to RTZs team, which is likely its own thing.

Brodnax

Just had a guy on my team act all high and mighty since minute saying "Every time you don't do what I say that's a strike, and 3 strikes and I feed and drop my items" He also said he was "tempted to just feed" at the beginning of the match when we didn't give him all our tangoes.

Every muted him by minute 1. It was the dusa.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2620044197

That dusa carried you pretty hard Hylian7, truly a great jingchanwan player.

BHK3

Banned
Does it analyze speech patterns or something?

Back when source 2 was being ported a lot of stuff was unveiled for a limited time in the files, in there somewhere someone found a .txt file that tracked words being said in chat. A very long list of words, gg ez, curse words, mispelled versions as well. Valve also keep track how long you were in the store and how long you looked at certain items/treasures. That was way back in source 1 and when the majority of sets were bought straight from the store so I'm sure it's different now.

Arol

So with the rumors going around that's PPD seemingly starting a brand and EE also starting his own after the interview he gave.

Seems like something more common to happen a la Puppey with all the money floating around. After you've won over two million it's probably more feasible as well in PPDs case.

Still lots of pros, at least in the western scene left, for some really good teams to form.

Red UFO

Last night I dreamt I played a game of Dota 2 as Bowser. His Q was breath fire, W was a suplex, E was hide in his shell. His ult gave him extra item slots.
His recommended starting item build was 8 tangos and a bracer and you played him as position 3.

A lot of data gets pulled from a game when you get reported. How many times you pinged, how many times you got pinged yourself, KDA, chat behaviour in both team chat and all chat. It's impressive really. I have been reported a fair few times for legitimately sucking and just having a primadonna on the the team but I've never been punished.

Arol

Ppd just needs to find the right sugar daddy like puppey did.

Not even, Sunsfan did it for a year on YouTube money and whatever sponsors he scrounged up seemingly.

Dude probably took a hit until he lucked out with his current team.

PPD could probably put up an actually competitive team from the onset to entice a flurry of sponsors.

The M.O.B

I disagree. And particular reason you think that?

She feels really easy to contain.

So many supports right now that can punish her for diving a teammate or buy time for teammates to arrive. It feels like I always see QOP players simply go 1-1 in every gank they try after the 10 minute mark.

Of course she is also one of the squishiest Mid heroes so that brings me to my other point. BKB/linkens is essential for her second big item. However I mostly see Orchid into Aghs or vice versa. If the enemy team is committed to team fighting, I feel like its so easy to pick off the QOP when she blinks in to try and get off her nukes without an BKB or linens. She is food in the midgame at a time where she should be dominating.

I'm not a QOP player but played agains't her enough. It's not a scary mid hero at all right now. Against her, If I am offlane, I would go FV. He is strong enough to lock her down and kill her with just a few small items. A support, I would go riki or disruptor. Both can punish her dives. As a carry, something tanky like Wraith King who she can't easily kill.

It's not her time...but if the enemy teams doesn't have much to punish her with, a last pick QOP could be a healthy surprise.

pompidu

So EG is gone? The whole franchise folding? I Haven't looked at the CSGO side so assume the same thing is happening over there.

Sad boys incoming?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Would have preferred an echosabre, but at least he your sven didn't go mom
goodjob.gif

I think at my MMR bracket everybody is using hero guides from like 10+ patches ago.

Check out this Void I played with last week.

iCsPCTH.png

Aselith

I...don't think I can play this game anymore. I played with a team and I kept catching people in black holes and the spiritbreaker said he wouldn't attack anyone in it because we didn't have "follow up" and the team followed his lead. Like people were walking through the black hole passed people in the thing to attack people on the other side.

I don't even

Dipper145

I'm having an issue recieving any bonus pre-order content that is supposed to come to dota 2, more specifically the totalwar: warhammer chest. I never recieved one, I contacted support but haven't heard from them.

When I go into my inventory/armory in dota, there are a bunch of items in there that are named UNIT_Name with item_def as the description underneath. Is this some sort of armory bug? I can't find any information about it on google, but I noticed when Jeff at giantbomb played dota on unprofessional fridays his armory had a similar issue to mine.

shira

I'm having an issue recieving any bonus pre-order content that is supposed to come to dota 2, more specifically the totalwar: warhammer chest. I never recieved one, I contacted support but haven't heard from them.

When I go into my inventory/armory in dota, there are a bunch of items in there that are named UNIT_Name with item_def as the description underneath. Is this some sort of armory bug? I can't find any information about it on google, but I noticed when Jeff at giantbomb played dota on unprofessional fridays his armory had a similar issue to mine.

Did you buy from steam directly or 3rd party

Tweet cyborgmatt?

Top Bottom