• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

I'm having an issue recieving any bonus pre-order content that is supposed to come to dota 2, more specifically the totalwar: warhammer chest. I never recieved one, I contacted support but haven't heard from them.

When I go into my inventory/armory in dota, there are a bunch of items in there that are named UNIT_Name with item_def as the description underneath. Is this some sort of armory bug? I can't find any information about it on google, but I noticed when Jeff at giantbomb played dota on unprofessional fridays his armory had a similar issue to mine.

tweet @https://twitter.com/dota2 https://twitter.com/StatsmanBruno

jeff plays dota??

I played my first game of DOTA 2 today. We lost but I died the least amount of times and did a couple nice plays. Had no idea what the fuck I was doing but overall I had fun. Very stressful though.

Dark Souls 3 is pretty damn good. I agree with most people who say it's better than DaS2, but worse than Bloodborne but still really enjoyable. I'm playing it entirely without a guide and the level architecture so far is the most confusing in the series for me. I have a pretty good sense of orientation but this game is pretty big and open. I really like it. It's just the start of the game that felt surprisingly weak to me. Souls games usually start out strong.

kionedrik

kio you havent even played in 9 months

6.84 and 6.84v2 (6.85) left me so burned out that I lost all desire to play the game, even though I still enjoy it from a spectator pov.

But I'd be lying if I said every now and then I don't feel a sudden urge to play one game, the problem lies the fact that it will never be just one game and I've been enjoying slower paced SP stuff lately.

Madouu

Dota is SP game. 1 v 9 erytime

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2624345049

m6O0hWS.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Slacks literally going insane on his stream

People.... watch Slacks stream? They're choosing to watch Slacks rather than just barely tolerating him between Dota matches? I can't even fathom the magnitude of the self-loathing that has to inform that kind of decision.

Bunch of Pros taking 6 months off. I wonder how many of them will be able to actually come back.

Were tha Majors a mistake? After the tumult that I'm sure the run up to and participation of TI is for most of these kids, I can't imagine many of them are too keen on boot camping for another gigantic lan tour like that. The prize pool for TI is so ridiculous that even low placing teams don't have a ton of onus on them to treat Dota like a full time job when it's done.

Spookie

1kmmr.png

The fuck is this. Why the fuck is MM, after 5 years, still this bad?

Edit: He's in a 4 man pre made as well. Fuck off Valve, I want my 30 minutes back.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
1kmmr.png

The fuck is this. Why the fuck is MM, after 5 years, still this bad?

Edit: He's in a 4 man pre made as well. Fuck off Valve, I want my 30 minutes back.
It's the alone druid meme build, you just don't understand.

Smithy C

People.... watch Slacks stream? They're choosing to watch Slacks rather than just barely tolerating him between Dota matches? I can't even fathom the magnitude of the self-loathing that has to inform that kind of decision.

He's kind of funny when he's just playing Dota and not having to ham it up for a tournament crowd. Also the only other streamer on at the time was Miracle and the music he plays injures me more than Slack's humour.

manfestival

I login for the first time in a few days and there is a warhammer themed dota 2 chest. are you kidding me volvo?! Only good sets are gyro, disruptor, and cent

if a guy gets DC from the picking phase to the first 4 minutes of the game it should be an automatic abandon but noooooooooooo valve wants the game to continue. fuck this game, waste my time playing ranked.

That one is gone too.

He said on Twitter he removed it because it was "in poor taste"

Can anyone that saw it give me the gist of that video and what might have been "in poor taste" about it?

I saw most of that video and the only thing that comes to mind is him basically going "fuck people that think DOTA is all about mechanic skills and reaction times". (I am paraphrasing of course but he did use the word fuck and i think he regretted putting it that way)
Also, he admitted to smurfing in that game.

What heroes would you guys say are "mid-game carries" apart from PA?

Jugg, Alch, Drow, DK...I mean, the list of late game carries is certainly shorter.

Also, I laned against an awful 3k Warden (1k MMR below me) mid yesterday, solo killed him and I still had to abandon the lane once he hit 6 because it was unlanable.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2624851064

I'm the Sniper. Warden mid is some cheesy rubbish, really.

That one is gone too.

He said on Twitter he removed it because it was "in poor taste"

Can anyone that saw it give me the gist of that video and what might have been "in poor taste" about it?

1-being under tower or wandering in your jungle (as a support) doesnt mean you are safe, even if all your towers are up. that area is an easy hunting ground for mid players.
2-if there are 4 enemy heroes in your jungle trying to take the tower, then your team should get out from there and pressure the enemy carry lane. even if it cost you the tower.
3- dont tp one by one when 3-4 enemy heroes are diving and killing your teammates.
4- after taking over your enemy jungle dont abandon it, have 1-2 players roaming that area and pushing that lane to force the enemy carries to be scared and limit their farming area.
5- if you are nyx, dont farm a lane when you have ulti up. stay out of sight and scare the enemy. make them think you are always near.
6- if your team wants to defend the jungle then they should move in as 5, not tp 1 by 1 or send 2 supports. that will not work.

He gives good pointers but his the whole video was made because he wanted to bitch about his 'bad' experience smurfing against 4k-5k players (iirc said things i killed this guy mid 4 times because I am better than him yada yada yada). If he is going to smurf and shit on 4k-5k players then he shouldn't bitch about it after.

I saw most of that video and the only thing that comes to mind is him basically going "fuck people that think DOTA is all about mechanic skills and reaction times". (I am paraphrasing of course but he did use the word fuck and i think he regretted putting it that way)
Also, he admitted to smurfing in that game.

yeah he said something like casters and people that watch pro games only care skills etc then followed up with what you said.

Top Bottom