• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drag-on Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3) announced for PS3 [Details in OP]

I knew it'd be Okabe for music :( It's the obvious choice for sure (and a damn good one), but I'm going to miss Sanodog (even though he only did, like, two tracks in 2) and Yoshiki Aoi after all these years. I listen to both Drakengard OSTs to this day and have been for what feels like forever.

The brilliance of Drakengard 1 is that even though I read the entirety of the LP, and listened to the soundtrack dozens of times, it still paled in comparison to playing the actual game.

It's a profound experience.
It's profound in that I recognized how repetitive the game was but didn't care because I enjoyed everything about it. The weapon stories; Caim and Angelus; how morbid it was--everything felt tailor-made for me.

I'm so excited for this. I never thought it would happen. After Cavia went under, I lost all hope, and Nier didn't make things any easier with its ties to the series.

I want to cry tears of joy ;_;

Clevinger

But how are they gonna continue the story?!

Draken 1-> Nier basically tells that mankind went extinct. Totally wiped out from the earth. Maybe this is prequel?

That was the world Caim fell into through the portal, it was our modern world that he fell into and pretty much doomed. This game probably has to do with what happens to the medieval world Caim left behind.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, count me in the 'need to find DK1 and play it' camp. I've read the LP too, but I've always meant to experience it first hand.

I have heard playing it is akin to pulling teeth, unlike Nier.

Yeah, count me in the 'need to find DK1 and play it' camp. I've read the LP too, but I've always meant to experience it first hand.

Its not so bad. Though I do remember the game occasionally stopping and loading mid-area. Like it would freeze. Remember Dirge of Cerberus?

duckroll

I wonder if they plan on putting out a Drakengard HD Collection with the first two games before the new game is released. Access Games also did the Sengoku Basara HD Collection, so they have experience in porting PS2 games to PS3 too!

MechaX

I wonder if they plan on putting out a Drakengard HD Collection with the first two games before the new game is released. Access Games also did the Sengoku Basara HD Collection, so they have experience in porting PS2 games to PS3 too!

Well, improving on Drakengard 1's absurdly horrible draw distance would be a very welcome thing...

BHK3

Banned

It's really not that bad, it gets pretty bullshit toward the end though but it's just a very twisted musou game. When in doubt you can just get on the dragon and kill everything that way...the whole game is just hack and slash, there's nothing really there to be bad.

Caelestis

Now with the staff confirmation my hype for this is through the roof. I don't even need any other games this year, just give it to me. :D

Just saw the scans.

It's gorgeous. I was instantly reminded of this image:

dg2-illust-nowe.jpg

Clov

I'm... very surprised by this whole thing. After Cavia's demise, the original team is back together, and they're working with the people who made Deadly Premonition? It's like I'm having some sort of fever dream.

I'm quite happy about it, though.

matmanx1

Never played Drakengard but Nier is one of my favorite games of this generation. The gameplay did not offend me as it obviously did some of you and while I recognized that it was somewhat janky the music, story and world kept me engaged and wanting to see what really happened. Nier is an emotional game, especially once you've gotten to the "real" ending.

I honestly never thought I'd see another game like it ever made again but I am pleasantly surprised to be wrong. I can't wait to see what twists (and twistedness) we get this time and I fervently hope that a western localization is in the works.

put it out on PSN first. then rerelease the HD collection of 1 and 2. and then rerelease the game with D3

Midou

Maybe if this does well we can see another Nier? :p

Scans look okay. I played a lot of the first game but never beat it, found it kind of fun.

SougoXIII

How the hell did I miss this announcement? I'm not sure if I should be hype for this. After Nier, I not looking forward to feeling depress at nearly every aspect of the story.

Midou

Other than ending of Drakengard, I remember it wasn't quite as crazy as Nier, wonder if they are going to go for an inbetween or something with Nier's relatively vocal even if minor fanbase. Though I guess it depends a lot more on Japan's preferences than NA's.

Other than ending of Drakengard, I remember it wasn't quite as crazy as Nier, wonder if they are going to go for an inbetween or something with Nier's relatively vocal even if minor fanbase. Though I guess it depends a lot more on Japan's preferences than NA's.

Drakengard 1 had pedophilia, incest, child murder, cannibalism, fantasy nukes, eldritch giants, and a lot more.

Top Bottom