• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Dragon Age: Origins: Awakenings: Trailers

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dec 15, 2008
nowhere
www.neogaf.com
LOL @ the Children trailer....nasty little fuckers.
I'm still not sure about this. I definitely want more Dragon Age and I love the idea of a BIG expansion, but $40 dollars? Yeesh, that's a lot to spend on a quest that sounds like it'll only be half the length of the main game. $20 sound about right to me but if I'm wrong and Awakenings has enough content to justify the price I'll probably still get it.

golem

Jun 7, 2004
SoCal
www.liquidcrack.de
Snuggler said:
LOL @ the Children trailer....nasty little fuckers.
I'm still not sure about this. I definitely want more Dragon Age and I love the idea of a BIG expansion, but $40 dollars? Yeesh, that's a lot to spend on a quest that sounds like it'll only be half the length of the main game. $20 sound about right to me but if I'm wrong and Awakenings has enough content to justify the price I'll probably still get it.
Yeah $40 seems a tad outrageous. I have an Amazon $10 around here somewhere, but the expansion better be pretty epic.

Gattsu25

Banned
Jun 6, 2004
USA
blog.gattsu25.com
Debut trailer looks nice
Children trailer looks gross in an awesome way :lol
Queen trailer gets me pumped
Alistair trailer needs a bit more exposition

Hell yes I'm buying this

yencid

Oct 27, 2009
yeah anders is a new companion... i believe 5 new was the number?
so buying it.

dekjo

Dec 31, 2007
cabot said:
can't.

fucking.

wait.

I can. Will wait for a price drop, but I'm sure I'll jump in on this eventually. There'll be plenty of other things to play til it's cheaper.

GotchaForce

Nov 29, 2005
Will this be a retail disc or a dl code in a box? Will I dl the stuff to the main game or can I play this on it's own without the DA disc?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Mar 18, 2008
steamcommunity.com
dekjo said:
I can. Will wait for a price drop, but I'm sure I'll jump in on this eventually. There'll be plenty of other things to play til it's cheaper.

Basically this.

Ceebs

Aug 11, 2006
I don't see the big deal with the price on this one. Would I prefer it to be cheaper? Sure, but a 15-20 hour game was about the length of a playthrough of Mass Effect 2 for me so I have no qualms forking over more cash for an expansion of a game I enjoyed. Better value than the DLC for the game has been thus far.

Jigsaw

Banned
Apr 20, 2006
too bad i cant buy it as they dont release the ps3 disc version in europe...well,its their loss

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oct 31, 2009
oh crap I dont think I kept the electricity resistance gear on any of my playthroughs :lol

Dec 26, 2009
NJ
Ceebs said:
I don't see the big deal with the price on this one. Would I prefer it to be cheaper? Sure, but a 15-20 hour game was about the length of a playthrough of Mass Effect 2 for me so I have no qualms forking over more cash for an expansion of a game I enjoyed. Better value than the DLC for the game has been thus far.

Agree 100%. Would I love it to be cheaper? Of course. If it hits the 15 - 20 hour mark as advertised then its more than worth it imo.

Ashodin

Jun 5, 2006
Burlington, NC
www.actosgames.com
Sir Garbageman said:
Agree 100%. Would I love it to be cheaper? Of course. If it hits the 15 - 20 hour mark as advertised then its more than worth it imo.
Agreed. The length is pretty much the kicker here, and if they include some decent loot. Of course, the level cap will be raised too, so rock on!

Can't wait to see more abilities/spells.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Feb 21, 2008
Loved Dragon Age. I'm looking forward to this, though a bit concerned over length.

funkmasterb

Nov 5, 2004
golem said:
Yeah $40 seems a tad outrageous. I have an Amazon $10 around here somewhere, but the expansion better be pretty epic.

Half the length of the main game is pretty effing huge.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oct 24, 2007
If you are pissed at the price (I am) just wait for the Steam Holiday Sale. Unless of course you gotta play it or something.

koji

Mar 26, 2009
Belgium
Buying it but I'm in no hurry, chances are I haven't finished ME2 before this launches.

I'm still waiting for a new patch for the PC version, wth archery fix?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dec 22, 2007
TheExodu5 said:
Are people complaining about price/length forgetting older PC expansions? This is going to be nearly full length.
Full length? Then why do we keep hearing 15-20 hours? Because I remember paying $10 more for the actual Dragon Age game and having an experience three times that length.

Truant

Apr 23, 2007
Never finished DA:O, even though I was super hyped for it. It just got so boring near the end. I think I'm at the landsmeet.

Anyway, this expansion seems to have a tighter story. Whatever Dragon Age was, it was some lord of the rings bullshit.

Ashodin

Jun 5, 2006
Burlington, NC
www.actosgames.com
Truant said:
Never finished DA:O, even though I was super hyped for it. It just got so boring near the end. I think I'm at the landsmeet.

Anyway, this expansion seems to have a tighter story. Whatever Dragon Age was, it was some lord of the rings bullshit.

The landsmeet is near the end dude, then comes the badass final battle!

Just so you guys know playing the flash game Dragon Age: Journeys gives you some insight on the "darkspawn who talks" that's in Awakening.

yencid

Oct 27, 2009
Dance In My Blood said:
Full length? Then why do we keep hearing 15-20 hours? Because I remember paying $10 more for the actual Dragon Age game and having an experience three times that length.

How long is a god of war? How long was darksiders? bayonetta? now at what price do those sell?

and 10 dollars more? you payed 50 for DA?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oct 24, 2007
Maxrpg said:
The landsmeet is near the end dude, then comes the badass final battle!

Just so you guys know playing the flash game Dragon Age: Journeys gives you some insight on the "darkspawn who talks" that's in Awakening.

Final battle is laaaaaaaaaame. Its a bunch of really boring (and easy) fighting and then a piss easy final boss fight.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oct 24, 2007
yencid said:
How long is a god of war? How long was darksiders? bayonetta? now at what price do those sell?

and 10 dollars more? you payed 50 for DA?

I remember 30 dollar expansions. I got stuff like the NWN2 expansions for 30 bucks near release.

DA is 50 on PC. More like console players have to pay more for less features...which sucks.