• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperHip

For those of you that played this team's previous game(s), is 3 V 3 just an option/mode in those or is it forced ? Is 1-V-1 still the standard ? This is finally what I'd call a near perfect visual style for a DBZ game, but I personally can't stand having a match where characters are just flying on and off screen over and over doing driveby hits where the whole screen becomes a giant cluttered mess of effects and characters. Watching things like MvC gives me a headache and I just want to appreciate the visuals without having a chaotic flashing mess all over the screen.

Previous game had a ratio system that let you choose up to 3 fighters/and various assists (assist can take up have a character slot). So if you wanted to you can have a Max team of 3 playable characters, 1 person with loads of assists, or a mix-mash of that.

FSLink

Banned
What side man or more obscure picks do you think will make it in?

I could see because of movset potential

Android 16, gun arms and rocket punches

Recoome pro wrestling inspired movset

Ginyuu body swapping movset lol

Dabora, stone spit stuns

I think Arale or Jaco or Great Saiyaman have a good shot. Can't see ASW missing out on making creative movesets for one of those guys.

Looks highly faithful. I love this toon shading.

vlcsnap-2017-06-11-19svaxe.png

vlcsnap-2017-06-11-19arlwn.png

vlcsnap-2017-06-11-19oebqd.png

Finally, a DB fighter with a good Vegeta model.

Slaythe

Keep rewatching the trailer.

Goku's intro is so terrible. Insane.

9z5Lr2.jpg

He just stands there, the camera isn't even moving. Yikes.

The other characters all have epic animations, I don't get it.

Fandangox

I was wondering if that was his intro.

So he fights always on super saiyan form? Also are the intros more like the ones in Xrd or depends on team composition?

NeonZ

I don't think it's the models that are sloppy, but the lightning. It seems more static than in Xrd. Considering how apparently the lightning had to be set up manually though, it might be a good sign for the number of characters.

chaosaeon

9z5Lr2.jpg

If we're going to get picky, he also shouldn't be wearing the orange top if he's going super saiyan on namek and his SS hair shouldn't have as many drawn detail lines as per the time period. If the version in this pic below is in, I'd be ecstatic. Tenkaichi 3 actually had it where if you enable that costume, the entire hair is different than his own usual transformation to SS1 in the game if you picked different outfits, just to match how the hair was different in the show at the time. I'd be so hyped if they did it in this one too as an alt or something.
tumblr_inline_nmjrbdKrh01r5ight_500.gif

yencid

9z5Lr2.jpg

looks to be a nod to the intro with the super saiyan effects.

nded

The models are extremely sloppy compared to Xrd (if you pause), so we can expect a decent amount of characters.

Hopefully !

Still looks great, just nitpicking.

I don't know about "sloppy", but they're certainly not as intricate. Kind of tough not to come to that conclusion when you're comparing Toriyama's relatively simple DBZ designs to Guilty Gear of all things.

maks

Cant wait till e3. Hope the characters each have unique abilities like blazblue, guilty gear, persona series. Things like rachel's wind is such an amazing mechanic. Would be so interesting if ASW does this for DB.

Fandangox

you're fucking wrong

He's not really, the models in this are REALLY good, but the ones in Xrd are a thing of fucking beauty.

I don't know, when I saw the game it didn't have intros at all lmao.

From what I can tell from the trailer, they seem to have individual intros.

Looks like it might be individual intros, I am assuming whoever is first on each team gets the intro for the fight.

I really hope SSJ3 is a super move and not a separate character, never really liked the DB games having multiples of each character, even if some did play differently.

Momentary

Banned

9z5Lr2.jpg

Looks like his anime intro where he does the same thing. I think it looks amazing.

Slaythe

I really hope SSJ3 is a super move and not a separate character, never really liked the DB games having multiples of each character, even if some did play differently.

SSJ3 was (I think it still is) SSJ Goku's max super attack in the build I saw. Once again I saw the game last year so anything can change.

But I think Frieza's golden form is an install.

I don't know about "sloppy", but they're certainly not as intricate. Kind of tough not to come to that conclusion when you're comparing Toriyama's relatively simple DBZ designs to Guilty Gear of all things.

Toriyama's designs look a lot better than what is shown in the game though. I am not dissing the game, I think it looks great, just don't think it equals Toriyama's work. (proportions and style)

looks to be a nod to the intro with the super saiyan effects.

Oh nice catch. You're right. But it still looks a bit underwhelming.

This would have been a bit better.

goku-turns-super-saiyan-o.gif

Looks like his anime intro where he does the same thing. I think it looks amazing.

But in the anime intro he's just standing here, in that game he's about to fight. It looks kind out of place.

Momentary

Banned
To me it looks amazing in motion.

It looks better than anything else from any other 3D Dragon Ball game ever conceived... And he's just standing there.

Arc System Works have no equal. As for Guilty Gear Xrd, the reveal trailer for that was kind of rough in some places. I'm expecting this to look even better closer to release.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

9z5Lr2.jpg

2017-06-1202_13_26-draeu7m.png

Clawww

What side man or more obscure picks do you think will make it in?

I could see because of movset potential

Android 16, gun arms and rocket punches

Recoome pro wrestling inspired movset

Ginyuu body swapping movset lol

Dabora, stone spit stuns

Dabura would be cool, I liked him in UB22. he's got a sword and his fireball looked pretty cool

chaosaeon

@Slaythe
I think adding the mirage waves and the hair flow like that one gif you posted are what really makes the transformations look next level in the show. Was never a fan of the grunt and flash version. If they could do the former, that'd be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom