• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching this gameplay trailer like...

1hQDpxk.gif

Slaythe

I think you guys got me wrong.

1) The shading, overall animations, colors, and effects, make it look GREAT

2) I said compared to Xrd. That was the key part. Xrd's models are perfect

This has a lot of wonky anatomy and strangely positioned in between frames, just pause and check for yourself.

Xrd doesn't have that. So I used "sloppy" because to me it signals that they just didn't have time to polish everything as much. Which on the other hand doesn't matter much in the middle of the "action" and would allow for more characters.

HardRojo

Yeah, models looked a tad rougher than Xrd, but holy fuck does the whole thing look beautiful in motion! High level play is going to be incredible!

Slaythe

This was Xbox Launch Exclusive right? So, we talking 6 months - 1 year?

Ahah.

No. It's worldwide release on all platforms.

Yeah, models looked a tad rougher than Xrd, but holy fuck does the whole thing look beautiful in motion! High level play is going to be incredible!

I agree and I wasn't dissing the game, I meant it probably means we might get a lot of characters after all ! . (I mean around 25 which is a lot for Arc)

CryptiK

The models are extremely sloppy compared to Xrd (if you pause), so we can expect a decent amount of characters.

Hopefully !

Still looks great, just nitpicking.
Yeah, I expected more in terms of looking like Xrd. But it is a 2018 game so things could change.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The models are extremely sloppy compared to Xrd (if you pause), so we can expect a decent amount of characters.

Hopefully !

Well dont forget this is a 2018 release they have plenty of time to polish up the models and stuff

Maddness

Yes. This was game of the the MS show for me hands down and I won't even be getting it for Xbox haha. Man I was so hyped as fuck when I saw it come on. Plus Freeza is gold ANIME IS REAL!

Hopefully !

It's probably the same situation that French Bread ran into; compare the level of detail and animation polish of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, an assorted anime IP title they got paid to do, and Under Night In-Birth, their personal baby. Like French Bread then, ASW now probably can't spend as much time polishing things on the whole.

"Wait, the game is Unreal 4? Huh, would have thought it'd be built on top of the custom Unreal 3 used for Xrd."

I don't think they modified Unreal 3 in any significant way.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
All i want to know is if transformations are in battle, or out of battle. fricken hate when they segment characters by transformation

Momentary

Banned

Hopefully !

I don't expect a roster over 20 for the initial release. A brand new fighting game with brand new animations and assets... I'm trying to be realistic. Plus... ASW has never released a brand new IP fighting game with a ton of characters.

Slaythe

I don't expect a roster over 20 for the initial release. A brand new fighting game with brand new animations and assets... I'm trying to be realistic. Plus... ASW has never released a brand new IP fighting game with a ton of characters.

The movesets are less complex due to 3v3, the models are simplified, the animations less polished...

I think it can realistically have around 25 characters. Definitely not more.

chaosaeon

For those of you that played this team's previous game(s), is 3 V 3 just an option/mode in those or is it forced ? Is 1-V-1 still the standard ? This is finally what I'd call a near perfect visual style for a DBZ game, but I personally can't stand having a match where characters are just flying on and off screen over and over doing driveby hits where the whole screen becomes a giant cluttered mess of effects and characters. Watching things like MvC gives me a headache and I just want to appreciate the visuals without having a chaotic flashing mess all over the screen.

Sheentak

What side man or more obscure picks do you think will make it in?

I could see because of movset potential

Android 16, gun arms and rocket punches

Recoome pro wrestling inspired movset

Ginyuu body swapping movset lol

Dabora, stone spit stuns

Servbot24

Banned
What side man or more obscure picks do you think will make it in?

I could see because of movset potential

Android 16, gun arms and rocket punches

Recoome pro wrestling inspired movset

Ginyuu body swapping movset lol

Dabora, stone spit stuns

Probably won't happen but if they had Kid Goku in DB animation style... Well, I'd buy this game twice as tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom