• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fighters (2.5D fighter, 3v3, BN/Arc System Works, PC/XB1/PS4) announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbereth

Seriously. Marvel dethroned???

The game looks AMAZING, but it's not really comparable to marvel, as the 3v3 on DBF looks to be 3v3 simultaneous. Very reminiscent of DBZ Legends.

In any case, hopefully it gets great support and representation. Would love to see a DBZ game at EVO.

Rutger

Banned
Game looks as good as expected from an Arcsys Dragon Ball game.

In other words, Perfect.

It was announced as XB1/PS4/PC. Switch port miiight be possible, they did pull of XRD on PS3, but they upgraded the graphics in Rev1/2 and stopped making that version.

The Rev games are on PS3, but it has to make quite a few visual compromises.

Switch is probably unlikely, at least at the start. Who knows, they put many of the BB games on the PSP, haha.

LotusHD

Banned
Golden Frieza confirmed! Holy fuck most anticipated game of 2018 for me right there!

6rQclT0.gif

This GIF came out at the fucking perfect time lol

Is it just me or does it look like animations run at 24fps as opposed to Guilty Gear's 12fps?
Super should be im pretty sure i saw golden frieza
Resurrection F was a Z movie before it was a Super arc. I have little doubt that we'll get a few Super characters, but Golden Freeza doesn't confirm anything.

Hazzuh

IIRC each Xrd character takes about 3 months to make so if they are taking the same approach the cast will probably be fairly small.

Imma go listen to the Dragon Ball Super intro on loop for a while now so I can keep my hype levels up. I need that WOOHOO in my life right now.

IIRC each Xrd character takes about 3 months to make so if they are taking the same approach the cast will probably be fairly small.

Maybe it's just me, but the characters look a little less "flat" than the Xrd characters, so I have to wonder if they aren't doing the full frame by frame lighting/shading editing on this game.

kirblar

Maybe it's just me, but the characters look a little less "flat" than the Xrd characters, so I have to wonder if they aren't doing the full frame by frame lighting/shading editing on this game.
With a 3v3 game w/ assists you should definitely expect lower-quality characters due to engine necessities.

BlackJace

The game looks AMAZING, but it's not really comparable to marvel, as the 3v3 on DBF looks to be 3v3 simultaneous. Very reminiscent of DBZ Legends.

In any case, hopefully it gets great support and representation. Would love to see a DBZ game at EVO.

True, it just seems to scratch that itch I was hoping MVCI would

Im 100% take my money im not gonna spend on Mahvel and buy this instead.

Holy shit this looks awesome. Mahvel should look like this and not like a phone game.

Slaythe

The models are extremely sloppy compared to Xrd (if you pause), so we can expect a decent amount of characters.

Hopefully !

Still looks great, just nitpicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom