• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

N7.Angel

I still think it's hilarious that Gohan's transformation into SSJ2 is provoked by witnessing the death of some robot he knew for like 15 minutes, and from a robot that was supposed to murder his father.

He was really similar to Gohan, 16 loved the nature, he hates fighting and even if he was supposed to kill Goku, he put earth first, he was great.

Fj0823

Vegeto blue? Why?

Because

tenor.gif

LordKasual

Banned
He was really similar to Gohan, 16 loved the nature, he hates fighting and even if he was supposed to kill Goku, he put earth first, he was great.

I think this is what they were getting at

16 was extremely powerful, but a pacifist. Basically Gohan.

Mark1

I'm open to more Super characters. If they limit the options to Zamasu/Black, Hit and Jiren I'll be satisfied with that. Mainly want to see characters who've appeared in both Z and Super.

17 should be a given with how popular he is in Super, the show has made me appreciate him a lot more (I liked him in Z as well).

no to GT

In ep. 90, there's explicit dialogue by him related to seeking a new form right before the 1v1.

Yes
he regained his ultimate form again and fought against SSB Goku with it. That's the same form he had in the Buu saga so there is no new form for Gohan.

LordKasual

Banned
It should have been the path for all of the DBZ characters

Thats what it really looked like the 2 movies were leading up to, but nope

ggx2ac

i mean you are technically correct...just the kind of correct that make people's eyes glaze over when you start talking

I asked if it was actually confusing to you. Your reply shows that it wasn't at all confusing, you just wanted to argue semantics.

:mad:

Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes.

As I said, I'll stop derailing the thread over that minor detail.

J-Tier

16 and 18 are nice, though I still hope 17 is a separate character. The Blues are lame, I don't mind the forms at all, but not a fan of them being fully separate characters.

DrArchon

Blue is Super Saiyan while channeling a different type of energy, so it really just punches harder and more efficiently.

The only new thing is that Goku can Stack Kaioken on it for maximum hax.

Alright, I get it.

Doesn't sound too crazy in the moveset potential department, but we'll see. Not like the crazy power level differences will actually impact gameplay. Hopefully they're more Order Sol and Robo-Ky instead of just Gold Sol and Ky.

cordy

Banned
Brainstorm of ALL realistically possible fighters

Heroes:

-High chance
Ultimate Gohan
Gotenks
Vegeto
Kid Goku

Bardock

-Low chance
Roshi
SSJ4 Goku (and anything GT)

-No Chance
Whis
Kais
Chiaotzu
Anything from DB
Pikkon, other filler characters
Tapion
Cabba, U6 Fighters (not including Hit)
Anyone from the ToP

I'd say Kid Goku has a low chance with 2 Gokus.

But yeah that comment on the current Super arc is accurate as fuck. There will likely be DLC and a sequel, save those for that. If it ain't Hit or Goku Black/Merged Zamasu then well, yeah.

Eh...

16>17?

Nope. 17 has to be in.

What will be announced next?

f8be3a6111d41821fac69e1c16dfff4a.png

monaka_by_dark_crawler-d9knax4.png

latest

latest

1426656851824.png

First, quote these images they're to big. Second, I know you're joking but I would fucking love to have Roshi in this game. He'd be versatile as hell. He knows the Mafuba (Evil containment wave), that shock move where he hold the person in place, and the full power Kamehameha with buff Roshi. In Dragonball Super
he's picked for the Tournament of Power making him relevant.

Swarna

Interesting there's a unique story mode. If that's the case than Goku will probably trigger SSJB Kaioken on Goku Black.

No there isn't, he just says he's going to take a "different path" from his father.
Do you have a different translation or something or an alternative definition of what a "form no one has ever seen before" is?

....How many times am I gonna repeat that you can't do costumes in a game like this?
https://youtu.be/yhGjCzxJV3E
Everyone knows how GG's been made now. This is blue hair, it's really not the same amount of work as another character. It's more work than a regular costume in a different game and it's not like we're expecting a costume for every character but this really shouldn't take up another slot to colour some hair blue. These guys don't use different moves in the show in SSB and what does change can be incorporated as different attack cutscenes. You know, never mind. I love the idea of Kid Goku, SSJ Goku, and SSB Goku all being on the same team like a bad MUGEN game.

18 over 17 makes sense.

16 over 17 makes sense gameplay wise.

Once you have 18, then 17 seems like a clone character.

But then we have blue Goku and Vegeta 🤔 so this is quite confusing.

shingi70

Banned
No matter how technically hood the game is, having relocated alts instead of in game transformations already makes it bottom of the barrel for me.

Radditz and Nappa with low chances? They both were in Extreme Butoden, why wouldn't ArcSys put them in FighterZ? Most of the work is already done.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Radditz and Nappa with low chances? They both were in Extreme Butoden, why wouldn't ArcSys put them in FighterZ? Most of the work is already done.

Because nobody gives a fuck about these two clowns.

Puruzi

Banned
Man I have no idea why people are salty about the Blues being their own characters.

You do realize they ain't stealing slots right? If they weren't in there wouldn't be 2 different characters, there would just be 2 less characters in the game.

This better be one of her attacks.

dd9bf300aa17fd4a8eba658197cfa2c9.gif

My favourite part of all anime. Just seeing vegeta having a mental breakdown and crying will never not be funny. Want 18 to have the other outfit she gets later on but expect this one since it works better if 17 is part of her moveset.

TreIII

I still think it's hilarious that Gohan's transformation into SSJ2 is provoked by witnessing the death of some robot he knew for like 15 minutes, and from a robot that was supposed to murder his father.

After a recent rewatch, I honestly think it works for two reasons.

1) Unlike Goku, or even his "real dad" Piccolo, here was the first "voice of reason" that really tried to explain to Gohan that it was okay to let his rage explode for the sake of helping others, and stop being afraid of his own power.

2) Then he dies because of Gohan's continued inaction. Between that, along with the Cell Jr's already opening a can of whup ass on his friends, it finally gave Gohan that push he needed and the realization that people were going to die if he didn't do something about it. (And if you're watching the anime, the stomp is even a throwback to the dream Gohan had in the Chamber.)

Hector_JHJ

Neo Member
Do you have a different translation or something or an alternative definition of what a "form no one has ever seen before" is?

Everyone knows how GG's been made now. This is blue hair, it's really not the same amount of work as another character. It's more work than a regular costume in a different game and it's not like we're expecting a costume for every character but this really shouldn't take up another slot to colour some hair blue. These guys don't use different moves in the show in SSB and what does change can be incorporated as different attack cutscenes. You know, never mind. I love the idea of Kid Goku, SSJ Goku, and SSB Goku all being on the same team like a bad MUGEN game.

I don't see a problem with that as it would a nice way to represent the three major eras of Dragon Ball, OG, Z, and Super.

cordy

Banned
Man, am I one of the only people who understand that SSB Goku and Vegeta being in the game makes sense given they're not 100% completely new characters? There's a reason they're wearing the same outfits and not their RoF outfits...come on now yall.

And more people need to look at the Extreme Butoden roster to see who's probably headed to the game. I see at least 9 more from that game making it here and those are 18, Bardock, Beerus, Broly, Ginyu, Ultimate Gohan, Gotenks, Kid Buu and Nappa. You add those in with the current roster and that's already 20 characters.

Only a few more so besides Hit, Black, Hercule and idk maybe 1-2 more that'll likely be it. Idk how many people think will be in this game, in the base roster, but some of yall are bugging. Other characters always get priority in a DB game.

Well
we're episodes into the tournament and Gohan hasn't gotten any new transformation, I'm pretty sure he wants to perfect his ultimate form considering he's the only 1 who has it. If anything Goku has been teased with a new form from the promotional art and intro.

Everyone knows how GG's been made now. This is blue hair, it's really not the same amount of work as another character. It's more work than a regular costume in a different game and it's not like we're expecting a costume for every character but this really shouldn't take up another slot to colour some hair blue. These guys don't use different moves in the show in SSB and what does change can be incorporated as different attack cutscenes.

We haven't even seen their moveset and we know goku is getting Kaioken, so I'm feeling like they'll have a different playstyle with a different movesets, so what does it matter and these guys would have to be in the game. Super is currently running and Goku and Vegeta use that form the most. I'm honestly surprised people though SSB wasn't going to be in this game.

You know, never mind. I love the idea of Kid Goku, SSJ Goku, and SSB Goku all being on the same team like a bad MUGEN game.

Do you know you could do the same fucking thing in Extreme Butoten, a 2D DBZ fighting game. Hell there are 4 Goku's in that game with a roster of 25. Is that game MUGEN trash to you.

Puruzi

Banned
We haven't even seen their moveset and we know goku is getting Kaioken, so I'm feeling like they'll have a different playstyle with a different movesets, so what does it matter and these guys would have to be in the game. Super is currently running and Goku and Vegeta use that form the most. I'm honestly surprised people though SSB wasn't going to be in this game.

Expect most of the same normal moves with some different supers tbh

PK Gaming

I think 17 has a shot of making it in as DLC. He's become way too popular to be left out imo.

I mean if you take away the context behind the scene and describe it in a super reductive way, then yeah it's kinda funny.

Top Bottom