• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

Skronk

Banned
It could be, you're right. I still think it's a stupid character. Super fans are free to disagree and I hope they get their fantasy matchup of Yellow Goku + Blue Goku + Pink Goku vs. SSJ4 Goku + GT Kid Goku + Goku Driving a Tractor

Wait you're lumping GT fans and Super fans together? GT is finally non canon now thanks to Super. That's one of the greatest things about it.

Village

Folks going in about no RoF costumes like DLC costumes are not things in fighters.

true, not but they already noted that they weren't planning on it really because of the nature of their art style it would be INCREDIBLY hard to do, because they would IIRC have to literally reanimate every frame to get it to look correct

So that's more of a maybe

Steiner

Banned
I apologize for asking this because I've been a member for a little while and should know by now, but why can't we link the image scans here?

I-hate-u

18 is in her Android arc outfit.

Also, there is an image of what looks like Future Trunks's timeline in Super. Black confirmed?

Trickster

Because

tenor.gif

Don't think that warrants a character slot in addition to Dbz vegito. And I definitely don't think Blue Vegito should replace dbz Vegito.

Make his blue form be a super attack like SSJ3 is for Goku

HardRojo

Don't think that warrants a character slot in addition to Dbz vegito. And I definitely don't think Blue Vegito should replace dbz Vegito.

Make his blue form be a super attack like SSJ3 is for Goku

Blue Vegito is here to stay (Super spoilers:
For 5 minutes anyway
) and it looks much better on him than regular SS to be honest. The thing about SSB is that the RoF outfits were perfect for that form as they mixed together just nicely, the classic costumes don't highlight SSB at all and in fact make it look a bit weird, which is why I don't get why they had to drop those outfits... such a disappointment.

delta_reg

I actually still think 17 could be in the game to be honest. Just cause he's part of a combo move for 18 doesn't mean he can't be his own character too. But I admit it's not looking good atm.

16 was a good choice imo due to his unique physique and moveset. As for Blue Goku and Vegeta, I understand why they did it due to popularity, but if it was me I would've only included SSB Vegito instead because he seemed to have more unique moves and that'd be one slot instead of two. Vegeta SSB really doesn't have enough unique moves for his own slot in my view.

Arkeband

Banned
Wait you're lumping GT fans and Super fans together? GT is finally non canon now thanks to Super. That's one of the greatest things about it.

GT was drawn better and had better story arcs than Super thus far, so the jury is out on whether Super being canon over GT is actually an improvement. They're both worse than Z so far. I'm pretty sure Super fans are still waiting for shit to "get real" but I'm skeptical that will happen. It seems to be purely focused on goofy fights between Toriyama napkin drawing rejects and the heroes ass-pulling power whenever they need it with no real sense of continuity.

Big One

Banned
GT was drawn better and had better story arcs than Super thus far, so the jury is out on whether Super being canon over GT is actually an improvement.
Lolwat. Whatever. I give up on these BS arguments. Believe what you want, but whether you like it or not, we're getting Super content in this game.

Fj0823

GT was drawn better and had better story arcs than Super thus far, so the jury is out on whether Super being canon over GT is actually an improvement. They're both worse than Z so far. I'm pretty sure Super fans are still waiting for shit to "get real" but I'm skeptical that will happen. It seems to be purely focused on goofy fights between Toriyama napkin drawing rejects and the heroes ass-pulling power whenever they need it with no real sense of continuity.

No.
GT wishes it had the character interactions and World Building Super has had.

Exhibit A: Look at the way each series handle Android 17

Boke1879

Poor Slaythe. clearly they selected the roster before they had any info on the tournament of power arc.

Well yea. Game started development what last year? ToP is really just kicking into gear. I think any of the new characters we see there will be DLC.

That said I'm still expecting, Hit, Beerus, Black/Zamasu and any one of Kale, Caulifla and Cabba.

Neoxon

Well yea. Game started development what last year? ToP is really just kicking into gear. I think any of the new characters we see there will be DLC.

That said I'm still expecting, Hit, Beerus, Black/Zamasu and any one of Kale, Caulifla and Cabba.
You just said that you'd expect ToP characters as DLC, yet you mention Kale & Caulifla as Day 1.

Boke1879

Nah fam.

I haven't been following Dragon Ball Super really close but is Super Saiyan Blue really the preferred name? In Japanese it's SSGSS (Super Saiyajin GOD Super Saiyajin). I mean who wouldn't prefer to say that absolutely not ridiculous name and even better abbreviation?

For real though why did they go blue? On the shounen color spectrum I would think something else would come after gold, like pure-white or rainbow, or even back to black like SS4 was. But without the red fur suit because fuck why do they keep doing this?

Quebaz

Just to clarify, we do not know if these are separate characters or not.

Why wouldn't they be? New artwork and lifebar portrait, they have their own stats, the website already makes a distinction t Goku and Vegeta's regular SS forms but it doesn't with Freeza and his Golden form.

NEO0MJ

Just to clarify, we do not know if these are separate characters or not.

Don't they have their own life bar? I feel that pretty much confirms it. And if they were a power up I feel that they would have already been shown in game's first showing along with Gold Freeza.

Fj0823

I haven't been following Dragon Ball Super really close but is Super Saiyan Blue really the preferred name? In Japanese it's SSGSS (Super Saiyajin GOD Super Saiyajin). I mean who wouldn't prefer to say that absolutely not ridiculous name and even better abbreviation?

For real though why did they go blue? On the shounen color spectrum I would think something else would come after gold, like pure-white or rainbow, or even back to black like SS4 was. But without the red fur suit because fuck why do they keep doing this?

The name was too complex for Goku and Vegeta so Wiss comes up with "Super Saiyan Blue" for convenience's sake.

Source: The manga

And it's Blue because that's the color Goku and Vegeta's God Ki has.

Nestunt

There are so many characters in that Universe and they are using roster spots for another Goku and Vegeta. At least those ridiculous Naruto games have a trillion spots.

Trickster

Blue Vegito is here to stay (Super spoilers:
For 5 minutes anyway
) and it looks much better on him than regular SS to be honest. The thing about SSB is that the RoF outfits were perfect for that form as they mixed together just nicely, the classic costumes don't highlight SSB at all and in fact make it look a bit weird, which is why I don't get why they had to drop those outfits... such a disappointment.

He definitely should, looks so much better

Man, I really do not understand you people :p

I think it looks awful

HardRojo

Funny thing is everyone already calls it SSB in the anime, but official Japanese material still refers to it as SSGSS for some weird reason I cannot grasp. SSB is much better.
Man, I really do not understand you people :p

I think it looks awful

Perfection:

Anth0ny

Sometimes I hold out hope because I remember everyone saying Gen 6 Pokemon weren't going to be in Smash 4... then Greninja got announced and it turned out that the Pokemon team showed Sakurai suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper early concept art of Greninja way before the game's announcement and he made him playable because he looked cool.

So you never know how far back these behind the scenes things go, but I really doubt they would have made 17 basically an assist if they have any knowledge of the tournament of power rosters...

Puruzi

Banned
There are so many characters in that Universe and they are using roster spots for another Goku and Vegeta. At least those ridiculous Naruto games have a trillion spots.

If they weren't in there wouldn't be new characters taking their place.

Neoxon

They did mah boi 17 dirty. Hopefully his DBS version is DLC.

Everyone else looks great. I really hope this means Hit is fair game.

cordy

Banned
Poor Slaythe. clearly they selected the roster before they had any info on the tournament of power arc.

Yep.

My memory MIGHT be fuzzy, but Cabba could 100% be in. How soon before the ToP were Kale and Caulifla introduced before the ToP?

They started talking about it around Extreme Butoden time, probably officially started making it last year.

Khalifa and Khaled were introduced in April and May this very year. They ain't making that base roster.

NEO0MJ

Sometimes I hold out hope because I remember everyone saying Gen 6 Pokemon weren't going to be in Smash 4... then Greninja got announced and it turned out that the Pokemon team showed Sakurai suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper early concept art of Greninja way before the game's announcement and he made him playable because he looked cool.

So you never know how far back these behind the scenes things go, but I really doubt they would have made 17 basically an assist if they have any knowledge of the tournament of power rosters...

I really doubt that Toriyama planned that far ahead in Super.

Top Bottom