• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

Fj0823

I saw the beginning of Super before I saw the movies and I thought it was fine?

"Fine"
maxresdefault.jpg

First 27 eps had zero budget, compare that to current Super

Jezan

That said Goku's there for Gohan's Father-Son Kamehameha move... maybe there's still hope yet?
That move should only be allowed if you have Goku in your team and he is already defeated.

Glad for 18, she is my favorite character. I guess she will always be a lo k since she is the only female fighter.

Hopefully they add the magical girl :)

Big One

Banned
People talking about GT having better arcs than Super despite how nothing in Super got as bad as the Super 17 (the character) arc.

C'mon son
The closest Super got to GT in quality was the Poutafau arc, which only lasted 3 episodes anyway so whatever. The Poutafau arc was about as good as the best stuff in GT for better or worse.

Fj0823

I hope you aren't implying that super looks anywhere as good as that image normally.

Shida's just one of Toei's god level animators

Not at all, but they manage to land the money shots and it looks ok to great instead of constantly bad

ROF looked bad 95% of it's run, only really good part was vegeta's fight in 27

cordy

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

This pic is the new "Nicki can rap hear her Monster verse" and the new "those lines 50 said about him getting hit and the other guy getting hit but 50's still alive."

Puruzi

Banned
Not at all, but they manage to land the money shots and it looks ok to great instead of constantly bad

I'm not sure if I agree with it looking great but I will agree that they do land the good shit from time to time. The best of Super is better than the best of Z in terms of animation at least.

Big One

Banned
I'm not sure if I agree with it looking great but I will agree that they do land the good shit from time to time. The best of Super is better than the best of Z in terms of animation at least.
You're just gonna get people showing you gifs of scenes from movies to "prove" Z had better animation than Super, lol.

Boke1879

People were complaining about the current arc reusing a lot of animations not very many episodes ago

That was mainly during the preview of that episode. The episode itself was fine. It really wasn't that big of an issue when people actually watched it.

mas8705

If anything else, I'd be all for seeing 17 in his Super Attire. I have said this on Neogaf once and I'll say it again: 17 never stood out to me until after his episode in Super where we got to truly shine. Not to say that his fight against Piccolo wasn't special, but clearly it got overshadowed by Cell absorbing him.

If anything, what I had found out about 17, you could say that he does have more to offer than 18, but because of how little we saw him in comparison to his sister, it could be argued why 17 would be regulated to "18's support." Still though, you'd think that they would do what other DBZ games have done and have 17 and 18 use the same ultimate attack. I'll be hopeful for the future, but this does feel like a wasted oppurtunity to have a team of 3 android of 16,17, and 18.

That said, I figured 16's chances would be good. Now to see if he will actually have a "Super desperate" move of blowing himself up to take an opponent out.

---

As for Blue Goku and Vegeta, I kind of figured that was going to happen where they would be separate characters from their SSJ forms. Would have been nice if they were transformations like for Golden Frieza, but I suppose that we are at that they have a full moveset that could be used when they are blue (or at least in Goku's case since he does have the Kaioken + SSJ move).

Daingurse

That move should only be allowed if you have Goku in your team and he is already defeated.

Glad for 18, she is my favorite character. I guess she will always be a lo k since she is the only female fighter.

Hopefully they add the magical girl :)

I'd be in favor of Ribrianne making it in the game as DLC. We just need to see some more of her techniques.

brianne-de-chateau-dbs.jpg

packy34

"Fine"

I didn't mean the animation was great, but story-wise, there isn't much difference. There's just a little bit more. And I thought they went back and cleaned some of that early stuff up?

Trickster

That's bound to happen sometimes, also that episode was a play on Magical Girl tropes so the reuse of animation was quite fitting lol

Doesn't really sound like the one I'm thinking. I'm thinking of one of the first ones in the tournament. You know, the one that had Vegeta punching the same guy the entire episode more or less

Puruzi

Banned
I didn't mean the animation was great, but story-wise, there isn't much difference. There's just a little bit more. And I thought they went back and cleaned some of that early stuff up?

They cleaned it up in the BDs and dub but it still looks like trash

Mik317

Its very possible that 18 and 17 could share a spot ala what IJ2 is doing with their various Flashes for example.

Piers

It's... okay, but like, it's just better to watch the movies instead.

Still refuse to believe the people at Toei actually intended to adapt the movies in Super out of concern that the public wouldn't have been able to see the movies. Or DVDs. Or manga.

Still refuse to believe the people at Toei actually intended to adapt the movies in Super out of concern that the public wouldn't have been able to see the movies. Or DVDs. Or manga.

They did it since they didn't have a proper pre-production on the show and needed to stall.

Love that 16 is in the game but I'm not convinced 17 won't be in the base roster too. Obviously Accel Dance was going to be one of their supers, so I'm not giving up hope yet.

Fj0823

It probably was to avoid having to pay FOX their share for BOG/ROF merchandise

But we´ll probably never know

Voror

18 was expected and 16 seems like you could do some neat things with him. Apparent lack of 17 is definitely a shame. Not sure on SSB Goku and Vegeta. It's not at all surprising, but I'm not sure the fighting styles would change all that much. I guess derive specific moves from the show then? Goku at least has Kaio Ken.

You'll never love anything as much as Slaythe loves Android 17.

;_;

We need to repurpose that Jawmuncher gif.

BossRush

If SSB Goku and Vegeta aren't extras and actually take up roster space from other characters, then that's a legit knock against the game. No reason it can't be an install super.

Top Bottom