• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

Fj0823

Crying over your favorite character not being in the game will not get them in the game

Hit was added to Xenoverse in the last minute because he is fucking cool and popular

Super´s Last few episodes boosted 17´s popularity through the roof.

He has a DLC chance. He will get serious

P9jfXaD.gif

Also, now that Super is confirmed we NEED a "FighterZ vs MvC:I" sub of the Kaioken scene

Skeeter49

I got 18. I'm happy.
Give me Ultimate Gohan, and the rest could be GT characters for all I care.

My heart wants Caulifla, but my brain is telling me we won't get her until maybe DLC :(

Another Gohan's in but we don't know which one. I'm assuming it'll be Ultimate Gohan or Great Saiyaman.
GS would be fine as well, it would kill me inside a little bit though.

Andriod 18 is awesome. and i'm glad we're getting super characters if only to piss off people who hate super. That's always fun. What great news to wake up to!

mooncakes

The story feels like it might contain some time travel fuckery since they are going with an original story. It going to be weird and awesome to see how they put all these characters plucked from different arcs of Dragonball and put them all together in a story.

VeeP

Honestly, after Super it's obvious 17 is the best Android. It's a crime he's not included. 16? Only useful to unlock Godhan's power. 18? Meh. 17? Gimme.

DrDogg

It's a 3v3 fighter with Android 16 and 18 confirmed and we really think we won't see 17 outside of that one super move? 16 is easily the least popular of the Androids, and with 2/3 Androids confirmed, I just can't imagine Arc isn't planning 17 so you can have a full Android team.

cireza

Androids 16 and 18 are the right choice. Very happy with this news.

Now I need Tien, Yamsha, Broly, Gotrunks and Gogeta to have all the characters I want :)

Strakt

Why are people complaining about characters? They haven't revealed them all yet, and its still a long way till its out.

Chavelo

The fact that Android 16 made it pretty much tells me that Android 17 is either gonna get announced later or will be coming later as DLC. Would be really stupid of Namco to NOT put him in down the road.

Why are people complaining about characters? They haven't revealed them all yet, and its still a long way till its out.

17 is basically deconfirmed.

Sucks but oh well. Characters are just functions (lel) and while I have attachments to some of them, none are enough to make me drop this game.

Cell got in so I'm good lel

The fact that Android 16 made it pretty much tells me that Android 17 is either gonna get announced later or will be coming later as DLC. Would be really stupid of Namco to NOT put him in down the road.

He is shown behind 18 in one of the scans so the model has been done for the game, it's going to be painful for his fans watching him show up only for assists.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
17 is totally making it in, so what if hes part of somebodys moveset? This is a game where a yellow Goku can fight a blue Goku at the same time, lol

16 is the right choice, the game desperately needed a heavy character and now we got one.

Lets hope the SSB characters have a reason to be there, if theyre just more powerful variants than regular SSJ then its a pretty big waste. Also LOL that they didnt use the RoF costumes but you gotta cut corners at some point, I guess.

Quebaz

17 is totally making it in, so what if hes part of somebodys moveset? This is a game where a yellow Goku can fight a blue Goku at the same time, lol

If that's the case and 17 appears as a standalone, than that would undermine 18 a lot. They put themselves in a corner here thanks to this.

LotusHD

Banned
Lets hope the SSB characters have a reason to be there, if theyre just more powerful variants than regular SSJ then its a pretty big waste. Also LOL that they didnt use the RoF costumes but you gotta cut corners at some point, I guess.

Seems they're basing the SSB versions from after the ToP arc.

Anteater

yeah 17 is gonna be in, they're probably making it a separate announcement since he's recently a major character in dbs

Anth0ny

If that's the case and 17 appears as a standalone, than that would undermine 18 a lot. They put themselves in a corner here thanks to this.

Yeah it's too bad. They probably had the roster finalized early last year and never imagined 17 would be as relevant as he is right now in the show.

I still fully expect to see him as DLC at some point. Maybe even the first wave of DLC.

Also Majin Vegeta is totally happening. As is SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Vegeta. The floodgates will be opened and they can't fucking help themselves but to pump 6000 different versions of Goku in every fighting game.

I don't know if anyone pointed it out, but it looks like one of Vegeta's supers is him pummeling the enemy into the ground
like he did to Black.
Looks like they might be pulling from the Future Trunks arc.
Also we finally have a good 18 model in a game!

LotusHD

Banned
Also Majin Vegeta is totally happening. As is SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Vegeta. The floodgates will be opened and they can't fucking help themselves but to pump 6000 different versions of Goku in every fighting game.

Nah, SSB Goku & Vegeta isn't really a surprising choice, doesn't we'll every little variant, especially not something like Majin Vegeta lol

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know if anyone pointed it out, but it looks like one of Vegeta's supers is him pummeling the enemy into the ground
like he did to Black.

Oh shit, nice catch

I-hate-u

like he did to Black.

I am telling you man there is an image in the scan that seems to be from the story mode and is straight ripped out of the Future Trunks's timeline in Super.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Seems they're basing the SSB versions from after the ToP arc.

I get that, still a mistake though. I know that its a shitload easier for them to not have to make a brand new outfit so Im giving them a pass, however it would have gone a long way in order to make these "new" characters feel distinct.

Anth0ny

Nah, SSB Goku & Vegeta isn't really a surprising choice, doesn't we'll every little variant, especially not something like Majin Vegeta lol

Majin Vegeta would kinda be worth it just to see Final Atonement in the FighterZ engine, though 🤔

You know what I want to see?

There's always that random character that's so powerful in a tag game that they don't even tag out, right?

I want that, but as GOTENKS. Where you still "tag", but tag between Goten, Trunks, and Gotenks!

You could have a charge meter where you can only be Gotenks for so long, and it charges while as either Trunks or Goten, and while Gotenks is powerful, Trunks and Goten are weaker.

I'd love that.

Village

If SSB Goku and Vegeta aren't extras and actually take up roster space from other characters, then that's a legit knock against the game. No reason it can't be an install super.

That's not how that works, there is no " space " these characters were chosen before the roster was done. The character you want it, if hey aren't in was never going to be in.

Further more, they could just give them different movesets which then, justifies them being different

Top Bottom