• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

cordy

Banned
People love Vegeta for who he is and what he's brought to the series whether as a character or plot points. They don't love him for "who he can beat up" like the majority of other Shonen characters. People don't talk about how many people Vegeta's beaten up or his forms. They talk about his quotes, moments and his impact.

crash-14

Going to enjoy the salt so much when she gets announced.

tumblr_oqay1j99J31sxfvy5o1_500.gif

I hope she stays as annoying

TheFawz

I was really hoping they would stick to their no clones claims and keep variants of existing characters as skins, even if it was to be premium skins with alternate SFX/VFX/Dialogue.

Oh well, I guess it was expected since it's a team based fighter where a big roster to choose from is very important. I just hope that the alternates of the character play differently as opposed to mostly having stat differences and a few cinematic differences for supers & intros.

That being said really happy about Android 18 as the game is sorely lacking in the female cast area. C16 is a nice a addition I didn't think would make it in for launch.

Merc_

People love Vegeta for who he is and what he's brought to the series whether as a character or plot points. They don't love him for "who he can beat up" like the majority of other Shonen characters. People don't talk about how many people Vegeta's beaten up or his forms. They talk about his quotes, moments and his impact.

Well, yeah. It's mostly because he gets his ass kicked a lot.

Lol where the hell have you Android 17 fans been for the last 15 years? Bruh has been in a ton of games and nobody ever gave a shit, but now all of a sudden we have legions of fanclub members coming out of the woodwork

Josman

Vegeta was the rightful Prince of all Saiyans in DBZ. This impostor in DBS can die in a fire (other than when Bulma gets slapped).

Give me a Majin Vegeta skin and I will show you why he is the Prince of all Saiyans.

It's called character development, and arguably one of the best "I am the motherfu**ing saiyan prince" scenes happened on the Black Goku Saga, super is awesome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Didn't Vegeta's character revert back in Super? He was still antsy about Kakarot being better.

Zalman

Vegeta became a better character as the series progressed. His development is one of the best parts of Dragon Ball.

cordy

Banned
Well, yeah. It's mostly because he gets his ass kicked a lot.

Nah it's because people care more about "who beats who" and power levels rather than actual characters hence why they dislike him.

If you dislike Vegeta because he loses then shit, that shows you care more about fights than characters and their development.

LotusHD

Banned
Didn't Vegeta's character revert back in Super? He was still antsy about Kakarot being better.

He didn't. Just a regular rival, no big deal.

---

I like Vegeta and his character development, but he has made himself eternally easy to clown on due to his numerous Ls, while carrying himself as someone that never takes one.

Fj0823

His character is by far the most a character has progressed in Dragon Ball ever.

The only thing he cares about now is

1) His family's well being
2) Being at least as strong as Goku

And he will ditch 2 to ensure 1.

Well yeah he reached the most logical conclusion of his character development at the end of the Buu saga. There's really not much else to do with the character.

So when they decided to make another 100 episodes of stuff after that point they kinda had to roll him backwards so that he had room to grow again.

Well yeah he reached the most logical conclusion of his character development at the end of the Buu saga. There's really not much else to do with the character.

So when they decided to make another 100 episodes of stuff after that point they kinda had to roll him backwards so that he had room to grow again.

Read the manga's revised ending.

Skeeter49

Lol where the hell have you Android 17 fans been for the last 15 years? Bruh has been in a ton of games and nobody ever gave a shit, but now all of a sudden we have legions of fanclub members coming out of the woodwork

Things have changed since then. I liked him as a villain before, only recently have I liked him as a character.
Even if 18 is superior in everyway.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No? He's now become a legit caring father, even to Future Trunks.

no I get being a good father, talking about suddenly being into goku again which he got over preBoG (hell I think he wasn't into goku in BoG)

His character is by far the most a character has progressed in Dragon Ball ever.

The only thing he cares about now is

1) His family's well being
2) Being at least as strong as Goku

And he will ditch 2 to ensure 1.
He didn't. Just a regular rival, no big deal.

---

I like Vegeta and his character development, but he has made himself eternally easy to clown on due to his numerous Ls, while carrying himself as someone that never takes one.
yeah it's the goku thing I'm mostly talking about

The Dink

Damn. I was hoping we wouldn't get SSB just because I'm sick of all the SS variations the saiyans have had in the DB games. Oh well, two for Goku and Vegeta isn't too bad. And we got official 18 and 16 confirmation! 18 was a shoe-in but it's good to see 16 in. He should be an interesting character.

Skeeter49

Every now and then he gets pissed Goku is better than him, but in the recent arc he chose
not to fight in the tournament if it meant leaving Bulma to deal with the birth of Bra alone.

He cares more for his family than becoming stronger than Goku. He still wants that as well, but not at the cost of losing Bulma, Trunks, and Bra.

Reset

After seeing Golden Frieza it was expected to see the Blue forms. Still disappointing though, should have just made it a transformation like Frieza.
17 can just be a color swap of 18... haha.

RocBase

This is the only DB game I genuinely care about playing. I don't pretend to be some diehard fan who's avidly on top of the franchise, but I do still care about it.

DrDogg

"Gimme that illegit powerup that you'd think such a prideful prince would refuse, and I'll show you why he is the Prince of all Saiyans" ;D

I just liked his attitude toward Goku and the events of that arc.

It's called character development, and arguably one of the best "I am the motherfu**ing saiyan prince" scenes happened on the Black Goku Saga, super is awesome.

It's one thing to make him a bit more caring, but in DBS he's basically a completely different character as far as I'm concerned. Goku also made a huge change to become far more ditsy, for lack of a better word. Not a fan of that either.

For proper character development in anime, see basically any of the main characters in Hajime no Ippo. They're all the same as they were at the beginning at a base level, but they've grown considerably, adding to the character. It's not a virtual 180 with only hints of their former personality, like they did to Vegeta.

Hello Z fanboy #8001.

I enjoy most of Super, but I strongly dislike the Future Trunks arc and I wish they did more than just tournament after tournament (although I understand why it is the way it is). I just don't like how they've changed Goku and Vegeta so much. Wouldn't exactly call that being a "Z fanboy" but when you make such a claim after reading a couple of sentences, your opinion isn't really that developed (or relevant) anyway.

VariantX

It's hard to give a shit when the character wasn't even being used for anything since a cameo appearance at the end of the final arc of DBZ.

17 is getting a big push right now, thanks in part to the current arc of DBS. Pretty much 17, Gohan, Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza are the headliners right now as all the toys and marketing materials center around them. It's been that way for several months.

VDenter

Banned
Vegeta was not this good since the Freeza arc. Super does the character justice.

In the Cell and Buu arc he was complete idiot that betrayed the main cast multiple times. I am still shocked that they have not just outright killed him the second he let Cell achieve his final form. Vegeta turned into a complete mess after the Freeza arc probably because Toriyama never planned to have him come back to life. As a result his character served no purpose and felt contrived.

In super he at the very least does not feel out of place and his character development feels earned.

Regarding Vegeta, honestly they should just have dropped the whole rivalry with Goku thing in Super. Vegeta was great and memorable in Battle of Gods and that didn't a rivalry. The whole "caring about Bulma and family" thing is enough of a defining aspect for Vegeta in Super. They should have given Goku a new rival. Vegeta wasn't even Goku's first rival (there was Krillin, Tenshinhan, Piccolo... you can even count Pikkon) so there's no reason he should be kept in that role forever. Hell, Frieza should officially become Goku's new rival.

luulubuu

Vegeta was the rightful Prince of all Saiyans in DBZ. This impostor in DBS can die in a fire (other than when Bulma gets slapped).

Give me a Majin Vegeta skin and I will show you why he is the Prince of all Saiyans.

For a DBZ hardcore fan you are advocating to a level of power Vegetta himself refused.

But okay dude, keep on living 3 decades ago

Edit:Yes, Vegeta is Goku's rival for life.

Serious answer... this is the first good dbz game. So why care before?
B3 was cool, but 17 was in that

Lanrutcon

Regarding Vegeta, honestly they should just have dropped the whole rivalry with Goku thing in Super. Vegeta was great and memorable in Battle of Gods and that didn't a rivalry. The whole "caring about Bulma and family" thing is enough of a defining aspect for Vegeta in Super. They should have given Goku a new rival. Vegeta wasn't even Goku's first rival (there was Krillin, Tenshinhan, Piccolo... you can even count Pikkon) so there's no reason he should be kept in that role forever. Hell, Frieza should officially become Goku's new rival.

What am I reading.

Vegeta and Goku - Fight Counseling

but regardless, i agree (but without putting vegeta to the side, he still need to have his moments)

LordKasual

Banned

It's a completely different kind of rivalry now though. Vegeta is still a warrior, he's just not a self-obsessed asshole anymore.

Funnily enough, it seems as though Android 17 could actually be slated to become Goku's new combat rival.

Village

I guess Vegeta caring about protecting people because he's lost so much could be a defining trait

Because goku certainly doesn't give a fuck about jack shit

Though I don't think he should completely loose the rivalry, goku motivates him to train harder. Then he is stronger, he can then protect people , works out fine. Also I don't really get the suggestion of some in thread about vegeta being upset goku is better than, goku litterally has one literal thing over him and that's kao-ken. Its why vegeta's so content, " i don't have a bullshit powerup. Ok I guess" he doesn't really seem upset about goku at all in super.

I dunno, I don't really care too much.

Just put gotenks in the game

Top Bottom