• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Gonna catch up on this when I get home, but even if 18 had the personally of a log, she'd still be best Android for making Vegeta look like the chump that he is and always will be.

Village

Vegeta is such a jobber either way tho. Never got the love for him.

His jobbing is generally exaggerated, he has a personality that draws people also super/F movie basically revealed that he low key has been one of the powerful characters in dragon ball Z on one key factoid that everyone overlooks when comparing him to goku.

Veggie ain't my favorite, but I get it. I'm more of gohan, trunks, gotenks kinda guy. But I get it.

But I mean, if you only like characters based on win loss records, I mean there is an anime for you. Its called sword art online, i'm sure you will love it. I'm going to be over here liking hurcle, because hurcle is cool and that man is literally job the character but he's fun an engaging.

kewlmyc

I can see A17 getting in, but not right now. I can see him being DLC down the line.

And yeah, Goku is a part of Gohan's super, so the argument of "he can't be in due to being part of 18's super" doesn't really hold that much water.

Also as to why A16 is in over A17 right now is probably because he brings in more diversity in potential movesets compared to A17. I can easily see A16 being a grapple character with rocket punches or some shit. Yeah, A17's moveset is now more diverse due to Super, but they've probably been working on this game for a while now, before A17 made his grand reappearance.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Vegeta is such a jobber either way tho. Never got the love for him.

I know right? The Saiyan armor is the one thing I do like about him, but that's it. And that was Bulma's design anyways so he can't even get points for that actually.

Guy has been a chump the whole series and even cried a couple times. Even let himself get taken over for more power to lose anyway twice.

Proud warrior prince indeed.

Piers

I know right? The Saiyan armor is the one thing I do like about him, but that's it. And that was Bulma's design anyways so he can't even get points for that actually.

Guy has been a chump the whole series and even cried a couple times. Even let himself get taken over for more power to lose anyway twice.

Saying that, hasn't Goku ultimately failed to beat the big cheese twice now in Super's own arcs? He was at a standstill against Hit, and ran out of fused time with Vegeta. It'll be interesting to see if Goku actually does straight up win this next tournament.

Gestahl

It's not just about Vegeta being a jobber, it's that every time he's faced with a decision or receives advice from someone like F Trunks he takes the most braindead dumbfuck choice every single time. Hell, he's basically Villain #2 behind Cell during that arc considering what he does. Shit gets to such a level that it's honestly endearing in a way, though by the Buu saga I was like "Is this jabroni ever going to take the hint???"

Forgot to post here. Requoting.
----

Ok, crusade here we go.

If you guys feel like helping, I tweeted at bandai to get their attention, any like and retweet will help.

5Hl4Olm.gif

https://twitter.com/JustSlaythe/status/898200919820685312

I'm on your side slaythe! 😭😭

Puruzi

Banned
I am telling you man there is an image in the scan that seems to be from the story mode and is straight ripped out of the Future Trunks's timeline in Super.

Every single image except the one from the first scan with 16 has fight UI on it

OH SHIT NVM

I looked at one that seemed to be cropped

RedEther

Great news to see SSB making into the game this early.

18 was an obvious choice so I'm happy with her being in, 16 was definitely a surprise pick but I'm not opposed to him making it in. Team Android is almost complete so I'm hoping 17 will make it in somehow.

NEO0MJ

Why make and animate a brand new character in a very expensive and time consuming process only for one super?

17 will be in.

I'm sure you already know how Arc does their 3D models, right? When they were discussing the development of Johnny for Rev they talked about how they had to basically start from scratch even though they already had model for him in Sign.

NeonZ

Why make and animate a brand new character in a very expensive and time consuming process only for one super?

17 will be in.

What makes the process time consuming is how they adjust the shading manually for every animation, rather than going purely real time. A striker in this sense isn't comparatively time consuming since they'd only need to tweak the shading for that specific animation.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Saying that, hasn't Goku ultimately failed to beat the big cheese twice now in Super's own arcs? He was at a standstill against Hit, and ran out of fused time with Vegeta. It'll be interesting to see if Goku actually does straight up win this next tournament.

Major spoilers for Dragon Ball Super:
True, for the first one he didn't lose, and redeemed himself afterwards in the rematch. Ironically, Vegeta got wrecked in an instant there too, hahaha! Second one was setup from the start for Trunks, from the time he came back and was called a coward by Vegeta of all people.

Accel Dance always had both characters as part of it, and usually the games with it have both of the characters playable.

17 is probably playable, whether he's base or DLC is the question imo.

Really holding out for Beerus as the next reveal if they're already showing SSJ Blue.

It's not just about Vegeta being a jobber, it's that every time he's faced with a decision or receives advice from someone like F Trunks he takes the most braindead dumbfuck choice every single time. Hell, he's basically Villain #2 behind Cell during that arc considering what he does. Shit gets to such a level that it's honestly endearing in a way, though by the Buu saga I was like "Is this jabroni ever going to take the hint???"
He was still an evil villain during Cell, he only started to finally change when Cell blew a hole through Trunks, and he still didn't actually become a good person until the end of the Buu saga.

Wild Card

Why would 17 being part of 18's super mean he has to be in the game. Wouldn't just animating him for one very specific cutscene that always plays out the same be far less work than modeling an entire character?

Boke1879

Why would 17 being part of 18's super mean he has to be in the game. Wouldn't just animating him for one very specific cutscene that always plays out the same be far less work than modeling an entire character?

Goku is part of Gohan's super so it's not out of the question.

HardRojo

why not just include them as palette swaps? add gold freezer too

It's nice having them as separate characters and hopefully they'll play differently from SS Goku and Vegeta, but not using the RoF outfits for SSB is a big mistake, even Xenoverse 2 went with those outfits first.

DrDogg

Vegeta was the rightful Prince of all Saiyans in DBZ. This impostor in DBS can die in a fire (other than when Bulma gets slapped).

Give me a Majin Vegeta skin and I will show you why he is the Prince of all Saiyans.

Top Bottom