• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Fandangox

#TeamSnubbedBy2DFighters

cd35a1c28574fbb809b3ceb1604c8fc0.jpg

5004935-tumblr_ms0kl9ycad1qzmfgzo5_500.gif

tumblr_ooikn6VJOI1w3p557o1_540.gif

Confirmed 100% better than the saiyan garbage fest.

They all would be great. Imagine if they could get Tao Pai Pai in this too

Slaythe

Theres still 3 gohans on that list. Lets lose one of them. I know the Gohan fans are the most special dbz fans, but they just gotta take one for
the team this time

No there isn't ?

Rewatching dbz and I completely forgot Piccolo can make a clone of himself. A lot of little things that popped up once and never to be seen again. I think I remember Tien being able t grow extra arms too.

You should get on Dragon Ball Super bruh.

latest

2s8E7N4.png

BobLoblaw

Banned
Honestly, I don't think Beerus or Whis should ever be on the roster. They're so far above and beyond everyone else it's ridiculous. Every other character we've seen (minus the other gods/angels) should be fair game, though.

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly, I don't think Beerus or Whis should ever be on the roster. They're so far above and beyond everyone else it's ridiculous. Every other character we've seen (minus the other gods/angels) should be fair game, though.

It's a fighting game though, who cares, it ain't One Punch Man. Though you could argue that Whis doesn't need to be there.

This is my roster. Also is the best roster. The most tremendous roster.

Goku
Vegeta
kid Gohan

Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks
Gotenks

Cell
Furiza
Majin Buu

Piccolo
Krilin
Tien shin han

Yamcha
Videl
Roshi

Android 16
Android 17
Android 18

Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

Then add DLC for Caulifla, Broly, and Bardock.

Blue Vegeta and Goku as bonus characters somewhere (don't need nearly as much work to get it). Potentially add kid buu somewhere and make Beerus part of this team instead.

AWESOME, in the one game where it fucking means jack shit because characters have unbalanced stats, this is great.

Having "mostly saiyans" is a terrible idea.

You know what? This roster is great.

I do want Vegito though.

Permanently A

step aside, real roster comin thru

Goku
Goku SSJ
Goku SSJ2
Goku SSB

Vegeta
Vegeta SSJ
Vegeta SSJ2
Vegeta SSJ3
Majin Vegeta

Broly
Bio Broly
Yamcha
Shugesh
Pilaf
Pikkon
Future Gohan but he has trunks' sword attached to his stump

Daingurse

Goku
Vegeta
kid Gohan

Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks
Gotenks

Cell
Furiza
Majin Buu

Piccolo
Krilin
Tien shin han

Yamcha
Videl
Roshi

Android 16
Android 17
Android 18

Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

Blue Vegeta and Goku as bonus characters somewhere (don't need nearly as much work to get it). Potentially add kid buu somewhere and make Beerus part of this team instead.

AWESOME, in the one game where it fucking means jack shit because characters have unbalanced stats, this is great.

List is lacking Nappa. No list can be called the greatest unless you can squeeze my man in there. We don't need all these tailless losers. I hope Arc System Works understands where I'm coming from. It's not like I'm asking for Raditz here, this is Nappa we're talking about!

I honestly would put Nappa in over Black, and I like Black lol. List otherwise is pretty great!

Goku
Vegeta
kid Gohan

Ultimate Gohan
Future Trunks
Gotenks

Cell
Furiza
Majin Buu

Piccolo
Krilin
Tien shin han

Yamcha
Videl
Roshi

Android 16
Android 17
Android 18

Beerus
Hit
Goku Black

Reasoning by "saiyans/humans" is a silly thing. It's a fighting game, people should reason by fighting styles. And most saiyans have different fighting styles. Despite Ultimate Gohan being one of my favorite ones, I think he doesn't belong yet, because his fighting style would be too similar to the one of Goku.

For the very same reason I believe Krillin doesn't belong here, because his signature move is covered by Frieza and 18. While Taiyoken is covered by Tien (while having a more diverse moveset).

17 and 18 both belong imo, because it's a pair that make sense, and they have their own fighting style and techniques, despite Cell covering the barrier stuff.

Both Gogeta and Vegito should definitely be here, because then again, they have a unique moveset and their own fighting style.

Roshi/Videl/Yamcha are boring. Yamcha may exist because of the sokidan. But that's all. So yes, I agree a roster may end up "lot of sayians". But that's a silly way to look at it when they feature different techniques and fighting style that is unique to them.

Gonna be a sad day when we see Raditz and Ginyu steal roster spots again.

I wouldn't be totally mad for Ginyu... but Raditz... eeeeeew.

All the hype for this game had me pull out Super DBZ on PS2 to mess around with, as it's my favorite DBZ fighter. It has a pretty solid roster for one that's so small, the base roster being only 13 characters:

Goku
Teen Gohan
Vegeta
Future Trunks
Chi-Chi
Piccolo
Krillin
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu

Then there's 5 unlockable characters that basically re-use animation & moves from the core cast:

Ultimate Gohan
Majin Vegeta
Mecha Frieza
King Piccolo
Videl

Only 18 total and they even managed to include 3 female characters. If at least those 13 characters + Videl show up in this one, it'll be pretty solid.

All the hype for this game had me pull out Super DBZ on PS2 to mess around with, as it's my favorite DBZ fighter. It has a pretty solid roster for one that's so small, the base roster being only 13 characters:

Goku
Teen Gohan
Vegeta
Future Trunks
Chi-Chi
Piccolo
Krillin
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu

Then there's 5 unlockable characters that basically re-use animation & moves from the core cast:

Mystic Gohan
Majin Vegeta
Mecha Frieza
King Piccolo
Videl

Only 18 total and they even managed to include 3 female characters. If at least those 13 characters + Videl show up in this one, it'll be pretty solid.

That'd be a pretty poor roster.

exfatal

All these list lack the best scrub villain King of his own damn dimension, And was the reason future trunks is who he is now.

MY main man
2439812-dabura8.png

I'd say use slayth roster list but remove roshi got too many kamamaha user already. the shoto fighters of dbz games

Slaythe

All these list lack the best scrub villain King of his own damn dimension, And was the reason future trunks is who he is now.

MY main man
2439812-dabura8.png

I'd say use slayth roster list but remove roshi got too many kamamaha user already. the shoto fighters of dbz games

He can... go to hell.

He had a half chapter fight in the manga, then got discarded like trash. Has no ties with anybody... I don't mind him joining in a sequel but he shouldn't take anybody's spot from the main cast of Z / Super in the first game.

Roshi has a lot of techniques besides Kamehameha.

Including a paralyzing beam and the mafuba ! He's now a main character in Super.

If Raditz returns, I wonder if they'll continue to give him weekend named specials.

I hope Raditz isn't in. He really would be a wasted slot in a game like this.

He can... go to hell.

He had a half chapter fight in the manga, then got discarded like trash. Has no ties with anybody... I don't mind him joining in a sequel but he shouldn't take anybody's spot from the main cast of Z / Super in the first game.

Including a paralyzing beam and the mafuba ! He's now a main character in Super.

There are like 20 characters far more interesting than Roshi. Also, about Dabura, Janemba should definitely be there instead. Sword fighter, unique fighting style.

exfatal

He can... go to hell.

but but... dabura can spit on people and turn them to stone. Just Image him being like the only character with the secret instant kill special akin to GG and Blazblue. Where he spits on you turns you to stone then shatters you.
Plus we need another sword user that you know actually good with the sword. Also i agree with Roshi, take Yamcha out then for him wolf fang fist aint shit.

PLLUS! Trunks and him can have a special convo about supreme kai getting owned. Also his stage could be Hell that be awesome Fighting grounds. Like whats Yamacha bringing other then Dan/pichu levels of fighting

There are like 20 characters far more interesting than Roshi. Also, about Dabura, Janemba should definitely be there instead. Sword fighter, unique fighting style.

I was thinking Janemba at first but decided against movie characters for starting roster considering their non-canon DLC for sure along with his dimension stage

maks

I'm picking Babidi over Dabura. ASW can design a magic user. Dabura and Yakon can be babidis special attacks.

Reasoning by "saiyans/humans" is a silly thing. It's a fighting game, people should reason by fighting styles. And most saiyans have different fighting styles. Despite Ultimate Gohan being one of my favorite ones, I think he doesn't belong yet, because his fighting style would be too similar to the one of Goku.

For the very same reason I believe Krillin doesn't belong here, because his signature move is covered by Frieza and 18. While Taiyoken is covered by Tien (while having a more diverse moveset).

17 and 18 both belong imo, because it's a pair that make sense, and they have their own fighting style and techniques, despite Cell covering the barrier stuff.

Both Gogeta and Vegito should definitely be here, because then again, they have a unique moveset and their own fighting style.

Roshi/Videl/Yamcha are boring. Yamcha may exist because of the sokidan. But that's all. So yes, I agree a roster may end up "lot of sayians". But that's a silly way to look at it when they feature different techniques and fighting style that is unique to them.

I wouldn't be totally mad for Ginyu... but Raditz... eeeeeew.

Fighting game rosters are designed by developers as a combination of diverse gameplay and aesthetics. BlazBlue's director settled on Arakune so they had a "monster character", and Litchi so they had a "mature woman" for people to play as. Firebrand got into UMvC3 so they could have a "creature" for people to play as. All Saiyans is never happening, and shouldn't.

Fighting game rosters are designed by developers as a combination of diverse gameplay and aesthetics. BlazBlue's director settled on Arakune so they had a "monster character", and Litchi so they had a "mature woman" for people to play as. Firebrand got into UMvC3 so they could have a "creature" for people to play as. All Saiyans is never happening, and shouldn't.

Saiyans looks like Humans.

Village

He can... go to hell.

Now I hope he gets in, and his intro is throwing 17 away like dan in alpha

the one thing I'm going to love the most about this game is that the hair will finally be real hair and not fucking pasted on cardboard wigs

DrDogg

I don't want to see a roster that's 50% Saiyans. I don't care what universe they're from. If we're only getting something like 20 characters they need more diversity than just fighting styles. Half the characters in the anime fight with a flurry of punches anyway. There's a lot of room to expand on that in a fighting game.

This is a roster I can see happening if they're not just focusing on the super popular characters and can have some fun with the non-warriors:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Frieza
Cell
Buu

Future Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin

Android 16
Android 17
Android 18

Mr. Satan
Bulma
Chi Chi
Mai

Hit
Caulifla
Beerus
Whis

25% Saiyan, 25% female, representation from DBZ and Super, plus you get some fun and crazy fighting styles with the likes of Bulma, Mr. Satan, Chi Chi and Mai. If we can't have those four "normal" humans then you can start to add characters from the first DB or get into Yamcha, Tien, etc.

TDLink

Almost all of the significant DBZ characters are humanoid though. The "weird" ones are people like Buu.

I can't really think of a "monster" character they could put in that isn't ultimately a humanoid of some sort. Kind of prevents something like Arakune.

Saiyans looks like Humans.
Ok?

Almost all of the significant DBZ characters are humanoid though. The "weird" ones are people like Buu.

I can't really think of a "monster" character they could put in that isn't ultimately a humanoid of some sort. Kind of prevents something like Arakune.
True, but there's a large difference between two Saiyans and a Saiyan and Beerus (who I really want in this game).

Jarate

Banned
Majin Dabura has a lot of gimmicky powers that would most likely do well in a fighting game.

I also think Nappa is most assuredly a.lock as a character. I base that purely on my large gut

JackelZXA

Fusion Idea:
Put both members on your team, either Goten and Trunks or Goku and Vegeta.

When you fuse either by dance or earrings as either applicable character you remove both fighters from your party and become the fused character with full life (with your third partner still there as an assist) but you run on a timer of about 20 or 30 seconds.

When your fusion timer runs out you unfuse and half the damage taken is applied to both characters.

If ring time runs out you automatically unfuse and damage is applied so that you can't easily win via turtling.

You cannot be killed from unfusing (hp minimum is 1 from fusion damage) and benching a fusion character halts their fusion timer (or at least slows it down)

If you win a match as a fusion character you get the fusion character's victory animation.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If we're talking variety, it's hard for me to see them leaving out Ginyu, especially if he incorporates the other team members in his move list.

TDLink

True, but there's a large difference between two Saiyans and a Saiyan and Beerus (who I really want in this game).

Sure. I am not too worried. Saiyans are the main characters of the franchise, of course there are going to be a bunch of them. But like, I don't think we're going to see them scraping the movie barrel bringing out like Turles or something.

But like, I feel Beerus is a lock. He's super popular and a major character in the recent arcs/last two DBZ films.

If we're talking variety, it's hard for me to see them leaving out Ginyu, especially if he incorporates the other team members in his move list.

Totally agreed, I feel like he's a shoe-in.

Slaythe

If they have Ginyu has leader using the others as his specials / supers why not.

If he's alone hell no. The whole character is so poor the skill you look forward the most is body swap so that you can... play another character.

But as a leader type I admit that'd be dope.

Also I just had a sick fight in Super DBZ

pY7QIv.jpg

Literally 1% left on a final match point.

#Canon

Karsha

As much as I love Vegito and Gogeta i think the only fusion worth a spot in the game is Gotenks, his moves are pretty unique and Goten + Trunks alone are worth shit lol. Also a 20 character initial roster is pretty small no matter how unique the characters are (for a dragonball game anyway), 25-30 would be acceptable.

Knowing how weird the characters get in Guilty Gear & BlazBlue, watch Arc System Works announce the next character is Fangs the Vampire while everyone is talking about which saiyans should be in. I wouldn't be surprised if a muay thai kickboxing vampire isn't already in BlazBlue somewhere.

25% Saiyan, 25% female, representation from DBZ and Super, plus you get some fun and crazy fighting styles with the likes of Bulma, Mr. Satan, Chi Chi and Mai. If we can't have those four "normal" humans then you can start to add characters from the first DB or get into Yamcha, Tien, etc.

I really like how this roster looks. Here's hoping.

Clawww

please don't ever worry about story power levels in a fighting game

Top Bottom