• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Trunks Reveal Trailer

Ray Down

Banned
It got everything that made the original two series great (past the movie-retelling episodes). If you can get past the characters not being buff anymore, and the lack of the gritty 90s artstyle, there is no reason to not be into Super.

The Dragon Ball series is loved mainly for its characters, and Super does not disappoint in that regard like GT did.

Never really cared about the buff characters and don't mind Super style since it captures Toriyama style, I enjoyed BoG thought RoF was meh besides the animation.

Thats the thing I hear alot of mixed signals from people I know that watch that tell me wither I will enjoy it or not on both sides (from at least people who i trust there opinion).

That and I don't have too much time now days to get into it (that and aforementioned lack of interest) especially with a deep backlog that I've been trying to make through that I've neglected and bought stuff for way to long.

cordy

Banned
Super Buu and Kid Buu can both be in the game.

Super Buu can be the standard version and he can have an install where he turns into Kid Buu where he's harder to hit, faster and has far more explosive attacks. We all know that out of the two Kid Buu's the one who's the wilder less composed so having him be a crazy install for Super Buu would be great. Hell, it could even be a Phoenix situation where if you have enough bars for him at the end of beating Super Buu he'd come out and last for a while but his health dies quickly.

Lulubop

Super Buu can be the standard version and he can have an install where he turns into Kid Buu where he's harder to hit, faster and has far more explosive attacked. We all know that out of the two Kid Buu's the one who's the wilder less composed so having him be a crazy install for Super Buu would be great. Hell, it could even be a Phoenix situation where if you have enough bars for him at the end of beating Super Buu he'd come out and last for a while but his health dies quickly.

Super boo is the more powerful of the two tho.

Apath

Here's another fact: Trunks and Vegeta had the power to legit kill Cell.. thing is those muscles handicapped them. So them going above ssj in the wrong way is what prevented them from bodying Cell. Goku at least was smart enough to see it from a far.
That stuff was so dumb. Get into a beam struggle, go USSJ, enjoy your victory. There are so many moments in the show where speed does not matter.

Zedox

I only wish they had fireball clash where two supers go against each other, if you had another power bar you can use it to overpower the other. It wouldn't be a long thing, just to get the other part of DBZ in there but I'm still happy.

mas8705

Trunks is an awful character. One of the worst in dbz. I never understood the obsession with him

Basically out of all the characters in the show, Trunks was the one who was no nonsense and straight to the point. Remember when Goku and Vegeta allowed their opponents to power up and/or get stronger? Yeah... Trunks doesn't do that at all as apparent by how the Cell Saga ended and how he cleaned house.

Not to mention that out of all the SSJ transformations, his was by far the most powerful one of them all. So much so that TFS didn't change the scene one bit when they did the "History of Trunks" abridged since it was that good of a scene.

I only wish they had fireball clash where two supers go against each other, if you had another power bar you can use it to overpower the other. It wouldn't be a long thing, just to get the other part of DBZ in there but I'm still happy.

If such a mechanic was put in place then everyone would need to have a beam-esque kamehame-ha super.

Alienous

They're not going to have three versions of Buu in a limited roster.

It'll be Fat Buu (already confirmed, of course) and Kid Buu. Super Buu wouldn't translate as well - he doesn't have as interesting of a moveset unless you get into him absorbing Gotenks or Gohan, and how would that work?

The most compelling arguement for having him is that he was Gotenks' main opponent, but I don't think that's important enough.

Super Buu can be the standard version and he can have an install where he turns into Kid Buu where he's harder to hit, faster and has far more explosive attacked. We all know that out of the two Kid Buu's the one who's the wilder less composed so having him be a crazy install for Super Buu would be great. Hell, it could even be a Phoenix situation where if you have enough bars for him at the end of beating Super Buu he'd come out and last for a while but his health dies quickly.

Kid Buu with fly unfly kite combos and Duo Lon kicks pls

ec0ec0

Some of you are touching on a big concern of mine that hit me as soon as Trunks was revealed. I'm not seeing much of a range in character specific fight mechanics. Trunks doesn't seem to have a unique sword mechanic, he is just simply animated with it. I am hoping for diverse differences between characters like we see in bb, gg, persona series.

this is painfully obvious.

Character's don't seem to have character specfic mechanics, or unique combo structures. Movement also looked very uniform across the board, largely because of the homing mechanic.

At this point i figure manipulation of the overall system mechanics and character specific supers and assists matter more. Is that how this game may be?

Obviously it's early to tell, but, even if each character has unique special moves and supers, the game mechanics homogenize the characters.

For example, the combos.

Stading heavy attacks (5h) causing a wall bounce, and crouncing heavy attacks (2h) sending the opponent flying upwards + the fact that pressing "h" again after any of the two cancels the heavy attack with the homing attack, makes all the character's combos look like this:

heavy -> homing attack -> aerial combo

The system mechanic that allows to extend combos further (the teleport) also looks the same for everyone. You can cancel a nornal or special move with the teleport, which will give you a wall bounce, to allow you to continue the combo.

Poppy

frieza comes back acting like a dumb dick with his stupid dad and it's like are we seriously going to have to deal with this shit again

then trunks slices them up in like ten minutes

we all would benefit more from trunks literally cutting out the filler more often, hooray for trunks

he has a SWORD

PeaceUK

Its been said many times before, but the attention to detail is just phenomenal. Knowing Arcsys they will hopefully put just as much care and attention into every other aspect of the game.

PeaceUK

Realistically 3 Buus could happen, Fat, Super and Kid. They are all different enough to create entirely different fighting styles.

Steroyd

I've seen a few YouTube showing how close to the source material the movesets have been with the characters which has started to make me think that Android 17 and 18 could end up being one character.

This game doesn't need two Gohan's yet you can bet Mystic is making it.

I'd say Saiyaman has as much of a chance as Mystic making it in, I guess it depends which one Arcs thinks they can give the more unique style or Saiyaman takes off the costume to get serious, so we get the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom