• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Trunks Reveal Trailer

LotusHD

Banned
Trunks is probably my most hated character.

Why him of all characters lol

6559b256b2b40d7c42aa88618ca6533f.gif

Fj0823

Your GT example is a fusion.

Of 17 with an evil alternate 17 that was created in Hell by Dr. Gero and an Alien, the fusion makes 17 evil again and obsessed with killing Goku again.

While in Super 17 is a Park Ranger with a family who's happy protecting rare animals from poachers, he agrees to help Goku in the Tournament of Power after some persuasion. He still has some witty banter with 18 and respects the fuck out of Piccoro after their fight.

He's the good man Z told us he could become

It doesn't matter if it's a fusion, the way the character is handled in GT is laughable.

Out of all the characters, Trunks is your most hated?

Why him of all characters lol

6559b256b2b40d7c42aa88618ca6533f.gif

I hate his design, I hate that there are like 4-5 different versions of him, due timeshit.
I hate his personality. I hate his sword. I hate his purple/blue hair. I hate his attitude.
I don't even have the slightest idea why he is popular by the fanbase.

I honestly thought people, hated him, just like me.

Slaythe

Of 17 with an evil alternate 17 that was created in Hell by Dr. Gero and an Alien, the fusion makes 17 evil again and obsessed with killing Goku again.

While in Super 17 is a Park Ranger with a family who's happy protecting rare animals from poachers, he agrees to help Goku in the Tournament of Power after some persuasion. He still has some witty banter with 18 and respects the fuck out of Piccoro after their fight.

It doesn't matter if it's a fusion, the way the character is handled in GT is laughable.

Don't forget that they brainwashed 17 off screen from hell and that Super 17 is a robot despite 17 being human and organically enhanced ......

Cringe.

I hate his design, I hate that there are like 4-5 different versions of him, due timeshit.
I hate his personality. I hate his sword. I hate his purple/blue hair. I hate his attitude.

Pretty sure a majority of the fan base have him as their favorite character. He's just really cool.

LotusHD

Banned

Cuz he's cool, had a badass, memorable entrance, and he has a sword. Also Burning Attack.

Sephzilla

I could understand Trunks being the character you hated the most if you were talking about this version of Trunks

who, along with Goten, is pretty much worthless. But Future Trunks is the only version of the character worth a damn.

cordy

Banned

You're probably the most out of touch DB fan in history.

hydruxo

I don't really like fighting games but this looks slick as fuck and I used to love DBZ. Might have to give it a try.

cordy

Banned
Trunks usually stays in the top 4 of DB character popularity and has been since he's debuted. He's only beaten by Goku, Gohan and Vegeta.

Maxim726X

Trunks is an awful character. One of the worst in dbz. I never understood the obsession with him

Wha...?

Trunks was the only character in that whole fucking universe who didn't screw around. Shows up, obliterates Freeza and his pop, goes back to the future and immediately disposes of the Androids and Cell at the earliest opportunity, etc.

If that were *any* other Saiyan, they would have let Cell absorb the Androids and then would have struggled with taking him out.

Blonde Fighter Z.

That trailer is amazing. I've didn't watch much of the cartoon as a kid but I have a friend who was obsessed with it so hopefully this can get him into fighting games.

It looks so unbelievably good. The destruction in the stages lasting until the end is a lovely touch. I can't wait to play it soon!

Zalman

Trunks is an awful character. One of the worst in dbz. I never understood the obsession with him
He's not awful at all, but to be quite honest, he didn't do much for me in Z. Super, however, has made me appreciate him more. They made him so much more likeable. Even if his design is different I'm a much bigger fan of Trunks than I was before Super happened.

Adult Gohan is the only Gohan who's interesting because that's when he finally develops a personality and stops being an audience self-insert character. I always thought him going SSJ2 and defeating Cell felt extremely unearned.

Some might disagree but Goku was legit sandbagging that fight with cell just so Gohan can see how Cell fights.. I don't mind that Gohan defeated cell since he had that hidden potential bs since the beginning of Z... my issue is that once he turned adult he stopped training and turned into a chump.

Some might disagree but Goku was legit sandbagging that fight with cell just so Gohan can see how Cell fights.. I don't mind that Gohan defeated cell since he had that hidden potential bs since the beginning of Z... my issue is that once he turned adult he stopped training and turned into a chump.

Fuck that he was frustrated as all hell, those exasperated grunts don't lie

Sephzilla

His regression made sense for the character though. Gohan never really wanted to be much of a fighter and was more or less drafted into it and couldn't escape until after Cell. He simply reverted back to his true self while growing up.

KHlover

Banned
I don't see how Trunks can be the most hated when the minstrel show fucking characters exist in this show.

Mr. Popo isn't nearly on-screen enough in the original DB(Z) to be hated and straight up one of the most popular characters in DBZA, so I have no idea where you got that impression from.

Fuck that he was frustrated as all hell, those exasperated grunts don't lie

Funny is that No.16 being smashed is what took him to snap lol

His regression made sense for the character though. Gohan never really wanted to be much of a fighter and was more or less drafted into it and couldn't escape until after Cell. He simply reverted back to his true self while growing up.

While true, at least stay in shape in case another threat occurred on earth. Vegeta surpassed him eventually tho.

LotusHD

Banned

It's funny, cuz in Super during the Goku Black arc, there's this one episode that sort of served as a nod to fans to finally get over Gohan not being this badass fighter anymore, that he's perfectly content with his role as a family man scholar. After all, it makes sense, he's never particularly liked fighting. So yea, people started to accept this...

Then you have the latest arc which said nah, ya boy Gohan is getting back into shape and is going to actually be relevant, and we're all just thankful af lmao

Zalman

If anything his arrogance against Cell felt out of character. Adult Gohan is the natural progression of his personality.

Sephzilla

It's funny, cuz in Super during the Goku Black arc, there's this one episode that sort of served as a nod to fans to finally get over Gohan not being this badass fighter anymore, that he's perfectly content with his role as a family man scholar. After all, it makes sense, he's never particularly liked fighting. So yea, people started to accept this...

Then you have the latest arc which said nah, ya boy Gohan is getting back into shape and is going to actually be relevant, and we're all just thankful af lmao

I like to think that Gohan being intentionally kept in the dark about Goku Black and Zamasu was what finally pushed Gohan to want to get back into fighting shape.

If anything his arrogance against Cell felt out of character. Adult Gohan is the natural progression of his personality.

Yeah, at the time Gohan being super cocky against Cell did feel really out of left field. The Buu Saga and the current Tournament arc in Super kind of retroactively made some of that arrogance make sense.

What the fuck guys!? Young Gohan is TOP TIER!!!

He was the first saiyan who turned into SSJ2 and it was such an intense moment.

tumblr_n6lqv5pOJq1t1656jo3_500.gif

tumblr_mctx8jOGfF1r72ht7o1_500.gif

tumblr_nscl5ppN4M1u7487lo1_500.gif

I hate Adult Gohan though. I wish that Shenron makes him young again.

Goku could've won against Cell, but there was that stupid regeneration bullshit. Piccolo wouldn't be able to come back from that shit.
Thank you, that's was the weirdest bait and switch I've seen.. plus Goku fought a bit reckless and that whole "I quit" bs smh.

If they didn't do that, the show would've been The adventures of Goku and vegeta with uncle whis and Beerus. I'm with you tho.
I was talking about goku. :x

Oh >.> lol

Sephzilla

What the fuck guys!? Young Gohan is TOP TIER!!!

He was the first saiyan who turned into SSJ2 and it was such an intense moment.

He turns SSJ2 because some robot he knew for like 10 minutes gets killed.

Gohan spends almost the entire Android/Cell arc as a glorified background character, the plot doesn't involve him at all, and he is the last of the Saiyans to even reach Super Saiyan. Gohan getting pushed into the hero role at the 11th hour was super unearned and forced.

He turns SSJ2 because some robot he knew for like 10 minutes gets killed.

Gohan spends almost the entire Android/Cell arc as a glorified background character, the plot doesn't involve him at all, and he is the last of the Saiyans to even reach Super Saiyan. Gohan getting pushed into the hero role at the 11th hour was super unearned and forced.

I think you would wanted Trunks to beat up Cell's perfect ass.

Honestly I feel the same as you. Well not so much the hate but I was never crazy about Trunks to begin with. I haven't seen enough of him past the Cell Games but from what I saw of him during that period I wasn't much of a fan of him.

Top Bottom