• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Trunks Reveal Trailer

Loona

Very nice!

I wonder if there'll be some way to keep his hair in non-SSJ mode... it'd be just a nice aesthetics touch that might not be as complex as full character otufits, but no big deal if it's not possible - right era, proper moves included, sword used as part of his regular arsenal, so he's already miles ahead from his appearances in previous DBZ games I've tried.

This guy gets it.

Fj0823

Let me ask people something. Why are people calling Hercule Mr. Satan? He's nothing like the devil. I get Hercule because it's a joke. He's the weakest, but named after someone strong.

Because that's his name in the original version. He's only Hercules in the US.

It's supposed to be a parody of luchador names like "El Santo" or "Blue Devil"

It's like Tien, his real name is Tien Shin Han

... It just... is?

Though he and his family all have devil related puns. Videl is an anagram of devil. Mr. Satan's first name is Mark or Maaku in Japanese which is an anagram of "akuma" or demon/devil.
I remember watching DBZ in Spanish and my mom was like 0.o lol

Loona

Why? It's kind of weird.

He's also a bit of a liar, overinflating his actual competence, at least when compared to the likes of Goku and the gang.

Then again, the kind of charisma that allows him to pull it off is what eventually helps save everyone by the end of the manga,when sheer ability is not enough.

Fj0823

My man

tumblr_oervc0Ib351qc9dlro1_500.gif

My extremely Catholic mom did everything she could to prevent me from watching Dragon Ball ever again.Ha! Never stopped me.

She even forced me to the ramblings of a dumb evangelical pastor called Josué Yrion, good times.

Did you guys know "Dragon Ball" means "I accept Satan inside me" in Japanese? Who knew!

My man

My extremely Catholic mom did everything she could to prevent me from watching Dragon Ball ever again.Ha! Never stopped me.

She even forced me to the ramblings of a dumb evangelical pastor called Josué Yrion, good times.

Did you guys know "Dragon Ball" means "I accept Satan inside me" in Japanese? Who knew!
LOL, I think Yuyu Hakusho was worse with the demon talk.

My man

Mr Satan is okay but Chichi isn't :v

Big Nikus

Pretty sure the french dub with Hercule preceded the american one.
In french canon, Hercule is his first name and Satan his last name. In the movie with Bojack they use both, calling him Mr. Hercule Satan.

Quebaz

Let me ask people something. Why are people calling Hercule Mr. Satan? He's nothing like the devil. I get Hercule because it's a joke. He's the weakest, but named after someone strong.
Mr.Satan is what he's called in Japan/Latin America/some European countries/the uncut DVDs

Da-Kid

I think this game will have forms as costumes. Normal form costume, God form costumes, etc.

I hope please we get Kid Goku with his flying Nimbus and Power Pole

0780bcf9edf3b84959fa6d51031686ef.png

Also Tamanegi

Pretty sure the french dub with Hercule preceded the american one.
In french canon, Hercule is his first name and Satan his last name. In the movie with Bojack they use both, calling him Mr. Hercule Satan.

I never watched the french anime but I don't remember Hercule in the french manga

HardRojo

Hercule is a stupid name and anyone who uses it should be ashamed. His name ir Mr. Satan, there's no other name for the character.
My man

At least she didn't notice the "666" in Gohan's car in those mid episode breaks.

Fj0823

Hercule is a stupid name and anyone who uses it should be ashamed. His name ir Mr. Satan, there's no other name for the character.

I even refuse to call Chi-Chi "Milk", that's not her name, it doesn't matter if I grew up with it.

Im very picky with that lol

Completely agree, the first female Saiyan we see and they drop the ball HARD on the design, I hope Universe 6 get erased and never look back.

You and I both know that's not going to happen with the way they are setting up her relationship to Goku and Cabba's to Vegeta.

Edit: Also I think this was our first canon female Saiyan

latest

HardRojo

I even refuse to call Chi-Chi "Milk", that's not her name, it doesn't matter if I grew up with it.

You and I both know that's not going to happen with the way their setting up her relationship to Goku and Cabba's to Vegeta.

I get that change, it's weird now but I get why they did it. What I hate about the Latam dub is that they ruined Vegeta's name pronunciation, Piccolo's name and Kakarot, whoever was in charge of localization back then did a poor job. At least they kept the original names for some techniques.

I-hate-u

I think this game will have forms as costumes. Normal form costume, God form costumes, etc.

I hope please we get Kid Goku with his flying Nimbus and Power Pole

0780bcf9edf3b84959fa6d51031686ef.png

Also Tamanegi

I hate seeing hi-def drawings of kid Goku.

This is kid Goku.

87d8c6235236f4b2dacf5154891e4fc0ebd4a3ae_hq.gif

He was fat, not skinny like Goten.

Im very picky with that lol

You and I both know that's not going to happen with the way they are setting up her relationship to Goku and Cabba's to Vegeta.

Edit: Also I think this was our first canon female Saiyan

latest

Pan doesn't count?

Perineum

Nice. Trunks looks even better than expected.

I am curious how Android 17 and 18 will look. I'm also curious about a potential Vegeto, Saiyaman, and Piccollo.

Trunks is for sure on the team though.

Top Bottom