• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Trunks Reveal Trailer

Snaku

Banned
img_62116ukez.gif

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
My boi Trunks gonna be main. Still can't believe this game is real and how perfect it looks.

Anyone want to bet that they'll include Towa and Mira as DLC at some point? Bamco seems to be really pushing those characters.

Anyway I hope we get 18, Videl, Caulifa, and Berserker Kale.

Boke1879

Anyone want to bet that they'll include Towa and Mira as DLC at some point? Bamco seems to be really pushing those characters.

Yup for female fighters people need to hope they include Super. Caulifa and Berserker Kale are a must.

Neoxon

I wouldn't expect the bolded until DLC.

Gbraga

Throw some gameplay sessions at us, Namco, please.

Hard to get a good idea with the trailer, 40 seconds where they waste a few precious seconds showing universal animations. I need to know more about the Sword Function.

shaowebb

https://giant.gfycat.com/WaterloggedOilyDinosaur.webm

Oh god yes he's perfect. I am gonna use those diagonal air beams to check folks so hard. Looks like he can zone, has long normals and can convert from long range. Hell he can even Super to counter jump in crossup attempts because he has a vertical super and we all KNOW those are great finishing tools for corner combos.

Oh yes...he will become my hand jiving, bro.

It really looks like every character pretty much plays the same. Where are the different types of characters at? With Trunks they had the chance to make a Sword character but he pretty much only has those moves in some instances.

shaowebb

It really looks like every character pretty much plays the same. Where are the different types of characters at? With Trunks they had the chance to make a Sword character but he pretty much only has those moves in some instances.

Cell has Blanka Balls and long distance grabs that can be tagged into for huge tag combos. Buu is a corner god with great GTFO and command grabs. Trunks rocks diagonal, vertical, and horizontal beams and has long range normals to check folks and converts from neutral to full screen, Frieza controls space like mad with his huge projectiles and does great in and out damage, Gohan gets up in that ass and has a ridiculous super to cash out combos, Goku and Vegeta both seem like well rounded templates with both long combos and good tools at all ranges.

I dont see a "samey" here. They just made certain there are universal options to deal with stuff for everyone like the dash types, and parries.

Boke1879

Cell has Blanka Balls and long distance grabs that can be tagged into for huge tag combos. Buu is a corner god with great GTFO and command grabs. Trunks rocks diagonal, vertical, and horizontal beams and has long range normals to check folks and converts from neutral to full screen, Frieza controls space like mad with his huge projectiles and does great in and out damage, Gohan gets up in that ass and has a ridiculous super to cash out combos, Goku and Vegeta both seem like well rounded templates with both long combos and good tools at all ranges.

I dont see a "samey" here. They just made certain there are universal options to deal with stuff for everyone like the dash types, and parries.

Not to mention it's going to be interesting to see how the team metagame evolves. It's 3v3 with assists. Should make for some good matches.

andymcc

Banned

plus these characters initially shown were confirmed to be the most "conventional" to play with.

True, at the end of the day everyone got beams and rediculous supers so I can see why some might see that everyone plays the same. But that's just DBZ.

Gbraga

The impression it gave me is that the H button is the Sword Button, but they really should've let things rock a bit more in the trailer, he hits the sword and they cut. I want to know what kind of properties I can expect from a sword attack, the kind of carry from an air combo, this type of thing.

The impression they all play the same comes from the auto combos, mostly. Someone was toying around with some jump loops using Vegeta's divekick during the weekend, that had potential, and I don't think other characters would be able to replicate it.

We really need that beta, the ease of converting any light spam into reliable damage made people not even try to explore each character. I do worry about that as well, though.

DrDogg

The impression it gave me is that the H button is the Sword Button, but they really should've let things rock a bit more in the trailer, he hits the sword and they cut. I want to know what kind of properties I can expect from a sword attack, the kind of carry from an air combo, this type of thing.

The impression they all play the same comes from the auto combos, mostly. Someone was toying around with some jump loops using Vegeta's divekick during the weekend, that had potential, and I don't think other characters would be able to replicate it.

We really need that beta, the ease of converting any light spam into reliable damage made people not even try to explore each character. I do worry about that as well, though.

We'll almost definitely have the beta next month. Patience.

He killed the Androids and Cell. If he has the power he will not hesitate to kill you ASAP.

Just Ask:

Freeza
King Cold
Cell
Dabura
Babidi
And Zamas.

BTW he looks sick as fuck and will obviously be on my team.

I think he was referring to the Cell saga. He killed them when he went back to his old time/dimension.

I thought Gohan killed Dabura and Piccolo killed Babidi?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I really hope all the hype doesn't eventually backfire when the game has it's first mis-step. the mob mentality of everyone ONLY praising the game is usually a double edge sword and builds up unrealistic expectations. Especially since from the start people have put this game against marvel for no reason.

I really hope all the hype doesn't eventually backfire when the game has it's first mis-step. the mob mentality of everyone ONLY praising the game is usually a double edge sword and builds up unrealistic expectations. Especially since from the start people have put this game against marvel for no reason.

It's marvel esque, one assist per character plus resetting to neutral after a death.. it's just that this gameplay is perfect for the series. My favorite DBZ game is legends so this game might surpass it.

But you're right though, people expecting characters like Satan might be disappointed tho.

Gbraga

It's a 3v3 assist game, it wasn't for no reason. I personally wouldn't be anywhere near as hyped as I am if it didn't look like a Marvel game. The gameplay loop in general reminds me a lot of Marvel 2, and that's beautiful.

Let me ask people something. Why are people calling Hercule Mr. Satan? He's nothing like the devil. I get Hercule because it's a joke. He's the weakest, but named after someone strong.

Top Bottom