• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The God ki was so poorly explained, especially for Vegeta

In Super, Goku catches and punches Beerus' final attack in his base. He also tanks several from Beerus' attack in his base form after losing Super Saiyan and he never regains Super Saiyan God.

Yes, Super Saiyan still powers up his base, but Goku's base form is said to be equal or a little weaker than Super Saiyan God.

If you're going to use Super, then no, he was in Super Saiyan when Beerus said his power didn't drop. Goku not going God when destroying the ball was probably an oversight by Toei.

Blader

Sub God, regular SSJ is God level. I like to think their base forms are similar in power to Super Vegetto.
They've packed on months of training with Whis and three years of training with each other since the BoG arc, so their SSJ is probably above God level now.

HeroR

If you're going to use Super, then no, he was in Super Saiyan when Beerus said his power didn't drop. Goku not going God when destroying the ball was probably an oversight by Toei.

I know when Beerus made that statement, however, even when Goku dropped out of Super Saiyan he still took hits from Beerus and even willed himself back up after Beerus flicked him towards Earth, and caught and smashed Beerus' final attack in his base form, something he didn't do in BOG. You really can't dismiss something like that as an oversight.

Even if we assume, for the sake of argument, that Goku's base form is 50X weaker than Super Saiyan God and he needs to become a Super Saiyan to get the full power of Super Saiyan God again, that isn't a big decrease since Goku was still able to take hits from Beerus and not die or pass out, unlike Super Saiyan 3 Goku or even Ultimate Gohan.

They've packed on months of training with Whis and three years of training with each other since the BoG arc, so their SSJ is probably above God level now.

It would be closer to over a year. Goku trained for at least four months with Whis since he started training a little before Frieza was revived. From there, at least eight months past between Frieza's defeat and the Champa Saga since the Dragon Balls were active again. Vegeta would have almost two years worth of training with Whis.

Overall, you're right. Goku and Vegeta's base would be well past Super Vegito.

sibarraz

Banned
I really like the new opening, even though music wise isn't anyhting from the other world, the lyrics are superb, since I feel like they represent how the series was revived after a long hiatus, and other lines likes "now I want to challenge the gods"

In the other hand, I loathe the last ending

Vex_

Banned
Guys want to place bets that gohan doesnt play a major role in this DarKu arc?

I bet he isnt even gonna show. Maybe they might show him at a conference or grocery shopping...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Guys want to place bets that gohan doesnt play a major role in this DarKu arc?

I bet he isnt even gonna show. Maybe they might show him at a conference or grocery shopping...
Gohan busts out quantum physics and figures out a way to revive Piccolo in Trunks' time, bringing back the dragon balls

I'd be ok with that

SolVanderlyn

For real though, he should start researching ways to fight that the other fighters aren't able to use because they don't have his science power

The same way Trunks should have sword techniques

All the Z fighters are copies of each other, that's why it became the Goku show

the official funimation stream for dbz's dub is awful

muddy 720p and i'm pretty sure it's the one that was cut into 16:9

rw72KXH.png

also why is trunks sword magically so big now

I really hope that we see Vegeta/Goku fusions again in the future, I can't remember the names anymore. What's great about the fusions is that they were cocky but so overpowered that it made a ton of sense. You know the fusions could talk shit because they easily backed it up, for example when Vegetto (?) became a jawbreaker against Buu and was fucking him up solid. The bullshit weakness was that the fusions did not last long because otherwise it was getting a bit silly, soon as the fusions turned up it was game over.

I guess it's just a case that for story progression, the fusions had to be phased out. You'd have to assume Hit would last about 5 seconds and Beerus would be pushed as well. It's really time for characters other than Vegeta and Goku to get stronger, even one else is so beneath them power wise they just feel like comedy filler. We are basically at a point now that Vegeta or Goku would kill everyone of the Z fighters even if they were all of them against one of the old boys and it would last maybe a minute.

Feel like I'm in primary school again getting hyped for Dragonball!

Beth Cyra

I really hope that we see Vegeta/Goku fusions again in the future, I can't remember the names anymore. What's great about the fusions is that they were cocky but so overpowered that it made a ton of sense. You know the fusions could talk shit because they easily backed it up, for example when Vegetto (?) became a jawbreaker against Buu and was fucking him up solid. The bullshit weakness was that the fusions did not last long because otherwise it was getting a bit silly, soon as the fusions turned up it was game over.

I guess it's just a case that for story progression, the fusions had to be phased out. You'd have to assume Hit would last about 5 seconds and Beerus would be pushed as well. It's really time for characters other than Vegeta and Goku to get stronger, even one else is so beneath them power wise they just feel like comedy filler. We are basically at a point now that Vegeta or Goku would kill everyone of the Z fighters even if they were all of them against one of the old boys and it would last maybe a minute.

You're right

I love Gogetta

Honestly the Starlight Breaker on Janemba is still my favorite attack in all of Dragon Ball.

So damn hype.

Potara Fusion is forever though, unless you get eaten by Buu or use a wish ;-)

Vex_

Banned
I highly doubt *Bejīta will fuse with *Son Gokū ever again. So they are just gonna get bodied by whatever *Burakku Gokū is.

*For those of you who dont understand Japanese, this is just the JP way of saying "Vegeta, Goku, and Black Goku". I study Japanese culture and language. Thanks.

apotema

I'm a little confused, can someone post pictures of greatly animated episodes of DB or DBZ? I struggle to recognize between them

Anth0ny

I highly doubt *Bejīta will fuse with *Son Gokū ever again. So they are just gonna get bodied by whatever *Burakku Gokū is.

*For those of you who dont understand Japanese, this is just the JP way of saying "Vegeta, Goku, and Black Goku". I study Japanese culture and language. Thanks.

how does mirai torankusu factor into all of this

munchie64

I wonder if Buruma and Kuririn will get anything to do.

would you say you're an expert?

Zalman

Just saw a new picture of Goku Black. Trunks and SSB Goku and Vegeta are on it too. It might be from a magazine so I'm not sure if I can post it. It doesn't reveal anything anyway, but it's cool.

And Trunks' hair is purple, lol.

Black Goku doesn't look much evil there, as he does pretty. Pretty boy Goku.

Ain't nothing pretty about him, now Trunks on the other hand......

hope this arc moves forward quickly, none of Goku spending 20 episodes charging up a spirit bomb and missing

Piers

Black Goku doesn't look much evil there, as he does pretty. Pretty boy Goku.

It's minor, but at least they remembered to draw a full outline for his eyes. I think that's usually done for villains or Super Saiyan as well.

Slaythe

Purple hair Trunks again.

What a cluster fuck of coordination with all the artists.

Also somehow, purple looks like shit with that design. Blue Trunks looks so much better.

I love thin black Goku btw. Looks great.

Tsunamo

from the front of a gashapon machine
Here we go again with the purple hair, blue hair back and forth. After seeing it I prefer Trunks with Blue hair in those duds, looks much nicer.
muddy 720p and i'm pretty sure it's the one that was cut into 16:9
Yeah. Looks like the famous 480p Orange Brick sets upscaled to 720p to me.
I'm tempted to pull out those good ol' orange bricks (hush y'all, the dragon box set prices are fucking bonkers) and rewatch the the Trunks/Frieza episodes tomorrow, myself.
I'm still sad we didn't get more of the level sets, they are so amazing. Going from them to the 16:9 blu-rays is so jarring.
The real question here is why is Vegeta doing a Kamehameha.
It's his familys signature move, isn't it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaMU7ClV-xg

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
The hair is probably purple here so it doesn't confuse people into thinking he is SSJB like Goku and Vegeta.

They just should have made sth. else than just re-color the hair (what's next? green? ) for a new super saiyan transformation, at least something akin to ssj3 or ssj4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom