• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Goku Block looks tight asf in that promotional side view of him. Hopefully they can keep that consistent vibe of him in the anime. The front views I've seen of him so far look lame.

I think Goku Block looks tight asf in that promotional side view of him. Hopefully they can keep that consistent vibe of him in the anime. The front views I've seen of him so far look lame.

One of the main issues is that the two front images we've seen are artwork from Heroes and that disk game, both are known for having some pretty lifeless art a lot of the time.

So with the
super human water
will most or all of the side characters play a major role again? Its a bit boring having only Goku and Vegeta being able to do stuff.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So with the
super human water
will most or all of the side characters play a major role again? Its a bit boring having only Goku and Vegeta being able to do stuff.
That thing was only used for a small filler arc. It'll probably never show up again.

Order

I still think Goku Black will have a white super saiyan form. Toriyama said that was the original idea for SSB, but it conflicted with the hair color of a new villain.

47 airs today, the superhuman water stuff was 44, 45 and 46.
It's not what you think it is.

okay-meme-gif-05b7uef.jpg

Man, people here hoping Future Bulma dies in this arc, give Future Trunks a break. She and Mai are all he's got left in the world. No Dragonballs either, and nobody from the otherworld ever pops in and says "Hi". Probably crying in the episode cause he got so much shit to deal with all over again.

Man, people here hoping Future Bulma dies in this arc, give Future Trunks a break. She and Mai are all he's got left in the world. No Dragonballs either, and nobody from the otherworld ever pops in and says "Hi". Probably crying in the episode cause he got so much shit to deal with all over again.

I don't think anyone is hoping she dies, it just feels like that's what's going to happen with what we've seen.

Ashodin

SMH at people saying "man its just evil Goku thats boring"

NO. NO NO NO.

You're wrong.

It's Black, who has absorbed/cloned into [Goku].

Thus his name is Goku Black, but it's easier to see it as a descriptor.

Written like [Goku] Black, you would assume that Black is his name. Which it is. (Yes there is a DB officer in the Red Ribbon Army named Black but names can be shared, especially when it's been a long time between the two stories)

ANYWAY, There's a whole history behind the character we don't know about, how they get Goku's form, and the like.

Basically, how does the menacing thing Trunks sees become Goku.

I'm calling it right now: Black can time travel at will. Thus, he always gets the upper hand in fights (and the Hit time-skip thing was a foreshadowing of characters with time travel powers, including the mention of Time travel manipulation being illegal). Trunks goes back in time, and much to everyone's surprise, Black follows him back without any time machine. When this happens, Black comes across Goku and takes his form/absorbs him, figuring him to be the strongest fighter (he's right).

I think it might be revealed in the future that Black is a future version of Bulma's time machine that has become sentient, or Black gains access to Bulma's tech and internalizes it within his body.

Figuring this because of the whole "A tale that spans time and space, even the Omni King, etc".

Tsunamo

Can't believe how close it is! It's finally happening!
Maybe Future Trunks sticks for the 2nd universe tournament and that will be its conclusion?
I'd actually be okay with him sticking around for that if it took place not long after, despite many people probably being against it. I enjoyed Future Trunks hanging around in the movies set around that period of time in the anime where he was there despite the lack of Cell or the Androids. (well 17 or 18 anyway)

They now have a set of Dragon Balls with unlimited power. I'm sure they will use them for Trunks once Black is defeated.

Oh yeah, how IS Black Goku gonna follow Trunks back in time? Or is Trunks gonna bring the Z-crew to the future somehow? Or is he gonna stay there and take care of a Black Goku from the present, then get strong enough to go back to the future to kill him? They said he only has enough fuel for one trip, so that's interesting.

I hope this really isn't a evil goku arc. Goku black already looks boring if it's just an alternate timeline goku who is evil it will be dull.

Future Trunks needs to stay around forever. Maybe only pop up now and then like Piccolo or something but don't send him away for good.

They now have a set of Dragon Balls with unlimited power. I'm sure they will use them for Trunks once Black is defeated.

We don't know how long of a wait there is before you can make a wish again and collecting all of them would take a long, long time. I feel like if the gang is going to ever collect the Super Dragon Balls that would be a whole arc in and of itself.

KingBroly

Banned
The Super Dragon Balls are within Planets, so destroying 7 Planets kinda isn't an option. Also, the wish that was made upon it last time didn't seem all that special.

NeonZ

We don't know this for a fact yet, he could still just be Goku but goes by the name Black now.

There's also that quote where he references the Saiyan in 3rd person.

Lord Frieza from Kanzenshuu forums said:
17年後の未来を襲う最大の危機!「今日こそお前の息の根を止めてやる、サイヤ人よ」殺戮を繰り返しトランクスを追い詰める新たな敵はなんと悟空の姿をしていた!

Source: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball_super/

The greatest crisis that fell upon 17 years into the future! The new enemy that repeatedly slaughtered [people] and cornered Trunks saying "Today's the day I'll end your life, Saiyajin!" looks just like Goku!

If he's some kind of evil God of Destruction Goku though, I guess it's possible he wouldn't consider himself a Saiyan anymore by that point.

The Super Dragon Balls are within Planets, so destroying 7 Planets kinda isn't an option. Also, the wish that was made upon it last time didn't seem all that special.

They had become planets because of stuff piling up on them over the years, right now they'd just be the balls themselves.

We don't know how long of a wait there is before you can make a wish again and collecting all of them would take a long, long time. I feel like if the gang is going to ever collect the Super Dragon Balls that would be a whole arc in and of itself.

Well that arc needs to happen. Bulma's super radar needs more use.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Future Trunks is not allowed to be happy. He is basically a Gaffer.

I hope the next arc after is a search for the Super Dragonballs that splits across 2 or 3 teams to find them across Universe 6 & 7.

Team 1
Vegeta
Future Trunks
Trunks
Gohan
Goten
Jaco

Team 2
Goku
Piccolo
Buu
Krillin

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is true, but that option is dull.
I actually like the idea of a legitimately evil Goku better than Baby Parasite 2.0

I'd love Buu to get a new form and be a competent fighter and not brainless again.
Buu is probably stronger than anyone that's not Goku or Vegeta right now. Not that that means much.

Not sure about Gohan. (incoming Gohan shitposts)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
THe fact that the character just calls Trunks a "Saiyan" makes me believe it's my interpretation.

Doesn't have to be a Parasite thing however. Can be anything else at all.
There are definitely ways they could write the possession angle that are interesting too

Like what if Black tries to absorb or fuse with Goku, but Goku's personality dominates him? Like Majin Buu and Great Kaioshin sort of

Ashodin

There are definitely ways they could write the possession angle that are interesting too

Like what if Black tries to absorb or fuse with Goku, but Goku's personality dominates him? Like Majin Buu and Great Kaioshin sort of

The only thing that eludes me is the Potara earring thing. Why just one? Where's the other? What if Black is a being that gains complete control over both personalities when fusing?

SolVanderlyn

The only thing that eludes me is the Potara earring thing. Why just one? Where's the other? What if Black is a being that gains complete control over both personalities when fusing?
What if Black fused with Goku but instead of fusing together Goku's strength overwhelmed him? That'd be why there's only one earring instead of two, and why he looks exactly like Goku instead of a fusion between the two

Alternatively he could be wearing it to signify his Kai status. Maybe Black is a Kaioshin or something similar

Real Hero

Didn't the trunks voice actor say the end of the episode will make you think how can they win? Imagine if Whis shows and is about to stop Goku Black easily but somehow Goku Black tricks him and manages to put the ear ring on him and fuse with Whis but stay evil /fanfiction

Ashodin

What if Black fused with Goku but instead of fusing together Goku's strength overwhelmed him? That'd be why there's only one earring instead of two, and why he looks exactly like Goku instead of a fusion between the two

Alternatively he could be wearing it to signify his Kai status. Maybe Black is a Kaioshin or something similar

I'd like to think that the clothing also matters, but it's likely to signify whoever is "Black" at the moment.

"Just an evil Goku" doesn't sound dull to me at all, Goku's always been scary as shit the few times he gets really angry/serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom