• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

The lean SSJGod is both intended by Toriyama and a mistake by Toei.

Basically even by his standards, SSJGod Goku is thinner than regular Goku.

But not by much. While in the anime, he is much leaner because they translated the Toriyama art without realizing that his regular Goku was leaner too.

I have to say I really love that thin black Goku. It looks dope.

Dereck

Yeah I'm personally not a fan of the lean design thing.

Like my excitement for the character went right down the toilet. Call me shallow.

Dereck

You're not shallow.

You just have horrible taste.
Good

I don't know it just reminds me of other animes like Naruto where people are strong but no one ever decided to lift any kind of weight. It's an anime, right. But when they have every character looking like slender do-nothing's, them being threatening becomes less believable.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Personally my excitement kinda went out of the window the moment I heard that the "new" villain was just an evil version of the main character.

Granted, it's better than the crappy GT villains or Chilled or Golden Frieza, but they better nail his backstory and personality to make up for the lazy design choice. Mah boi Future Trunks deserves better.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
What if Black Goku is Broly?

He'll kill himself immediately

xeYxa3f.gif

Kakaratt....-to...?

Damn... All this talk of black Goku, I thought it was gonna be, you know, black Goku. Lol.

Why? You could power him up x100 and he'd still be puny.

It's Goku Black, not black Goku. Apparently he even starts out as just "Black", before somehow becoming Goku Black.

You ain't getting any great information this episode. You'll get a small tease and maybe a Goku reveal at the end.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm quite certain I won't see this as being the best episode of Super, but it should be dang good nonetheless.

VariantX

The God ki was so poorly explained, especially for Vegeta

All I could gather is they gained perfect control of their ki in that realm inside of whis' staff since they couldn't move at all if their ki leaked, they get out they spar and then we see blue sparks. Zero explanation of how that somehow makes them akin to gods. They didn't even try to explain why.

KingBroly

Banned
Merchandise doesn't really count I suppose. Especially when it comes to Heroes. Besides, we know nothing from a narrative standpoint.

Key art's considering merchandise?

Even from a narrative standpoint, we won't find out for at least 2-3 episodes.

dity

I await the plotline in 2020 where Goku's newest son Gopun turns out to be the son of Black Goku because he slept with Chi-Chi while pretending to be Goku.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So it's "Goku Black" and not "Black Goku." The latter sounds better. I hope there's more here than just clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom