• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I thought Pikkon was some form of namekian the first time I saw him, especially when Goku mentions Piccolo, and Pikkon repeats it, I thought that was him knowing who Piccolo was.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Cell jobbing to him right after his arc just ended was really stupid.
That was the best part. You spend all this time with Goku and co. being insanely powerful compared to other people before you learn that the other universes have their own heroes, too.

I actually think there are some things that arc did better than the U6/U7 tourney arc we got in Super. Notice I said some, not all (I wouldn't replace Hit for anything)

That was the best part. You spend all this time with Goku and co. being insanely powerful compared to other people before you learn that the other universes have their own heroes, too.
Nah having him go down in one hit after his arc just ended made it seem like a major waste of time. Not to mention it makes no sense how Goku would ever be able to fight Pikkon let alone beat him without a SSJ2 transformation at that point.

It's always been annoying for me to see one of the "canon" Big Bad's of the series jobbing to a throwaway filler character.

EVOL 100%

I've read something recently that the reason why Vegeta was sweating so much when he was blew up the people in the tournament during the Buu saga was because he was doing something that he didn't actually want to do, and did it to goad Goku into fighting.

Not sure if it's true or fanwank, but that's a pretty cool detail if true.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
New episode today, friends.

RjMjNog.gif

I hope the Gohan/Goku stuff isn't over too soon.

But also damn it's weird how Gohan's getting back into his Saiyaman persona so much and yet the next arc he's ditching his Best Outfit for the generic orange gi

I just started watching this on toonami. I haven't watched anything Dragon ball since Z, but man this show is already great. I love trunks/goten. So funny.

Question should I watch the movies they release recently or can I just keep watching the show and be ok? Such a pain that it comes on once a week!

HardRojo

I just started watching this on toonami. I haven't watched anything Dragon ball since Z, but man this show is already great. I love trunks/goten. So funny.

Question should I watch the movies they release recently or can I just keep watching the show and be ok? Such a pain that it comes on once a week!

If you plan to watch the show then you can skip the movies, but the movie version of the RoF arc is much better animated than the Super episodes, the BoG arc is great in Super so I'd encourage you to watch that even if you watched the movie.
WATCH IT ALL!

The first 27 episodes are just a retelling of those two movies, so you don't need to watch them. The film version of Battle of Gods (the first arc) is very fun though and has some pretty awesome action so if you're going to watch the show on Toonami I'd recommend watching the movie after the first arc ends if you really enjoyed it (episode 14 is the final episode of said arc) and the Super version of the second movie has some pretty bad animation at many points, so you might want to watch the movie afterwards just to get that story in a way that looks good.

The first 27 episodes are just a retelling of those two movies, so you don't need to watch them. The film version of Battle of Gods (the first arc) is very fun though and has some pretty awesome action so if you're going to watch the show on Toonami I'd recommend watching the movie after the first arc ends if you really enjoyed it (episode 14 is the final episode of said arc) and the Super version of the second movie has some pretty bad animation at many points, so you might want to watch the movie after wards just to get that story in a way that looks good.

If you plan to watch the show then you can skip the movies, but the movie version of the RoF arc is much better animated than the Super episodes, the BoG arc is great in Super so I'd encourage you to watch that even if you watched the movie.
WATCH IT ALL!

Thanks guys! I'll definitely watch battle of the gods, after episode 14 (3 months from now!).

toonami needs to make this twice a week lol.

olympia

Wait what? Please share

I'll post about it tonight

Happy Show Day!

If you are somehow watching the FujiTV broadcast and want to talk spoilers, feel free to come chat it up in Kagari's IRC. Quote for details! Per thread rules spoilers must be tagged before the simulcast at 5:30 PST/8:30 EST.

Quote for details to the IRC

Tamanon

Banned
Oh man, preview has a very short Universe Survival arc trailer.

That looked like a female saiyan from Universe 6 I guess? Went all Broly lol

J4g3r

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FEMALE SUPER SAIYAN - FINALLY

Also looks like Kefka is a God of Destruction..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom