• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 - Announcement Trailer | PS4, XB1, PC

BiggNife

im_shocked.gif

Definitely interested though. Hopefully they polish the rough edges from XV1.

Hope they fix rng and how weirdly hard it was for certain mentors to show up. That actually prevented me from getting all the achievements, which I otherwise would've done. Liked the game a lot.

Alec

#1 was the worst Platinum I've ever unlocked. I like to joke that it ruined my marriage.

Good thing I'm not married anymore. WILL PLATINUM #2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Updated the OP with additional info.

"new hub city and the most character customization choices to date, among a multitude of new features and special upgrades"

Also more will be revealed at E3.

Omni

Was hoping that they'd change the art style a bit. Wasn't particularly a fan of what Xenoverse looked like.

Still, looking forward to seeing more.

Actual trailer none too great yeah, but...

Dodoria and Zarbon seem to be in, and with Future Trunks' origin it seems they'll expand on canon content as much as they will the movie stuff. Also appears to be an overhauled hub area, with the ability to fly now - was always one of my annoyances with the first game's. What I'm curious about here is the extent to which they will or won't maintain a continuous plot from the previous. On the one hand, retreading the same story beats has been a Dragonball Z game staple since, well, there have been Dragonball Z games, but on the other hand I kinda feel like that would be the easy way out when they've literally got the whole alternate timelines thing going for them.

SilentRob

Makes me a little angry they still use the "XV" logo even though it was originally used to both shorten "XenoVerse" and as the roman number 15, since XenoVerse was the fifteenth Dragon Ball game on consoles.

Should have called it "Dragonball Xenoverse: Invasion" aka XVI, as a collegue of mine suggested D:

being able to fly in the hub makes me so happy

it was such a pain in 1 having to slowly jog through each area looking for a mentor, only to find the mentor that spawned was one I had already trained with

Stuart444

being able to fly in the hub makes me so happy

it was such a pain in 1 having to slowly jog through each area looking for a mentor, only to find the mentor that spawned was one I had already trained with

This is true. I'm replaying Xeno 1 just now and I just wish I could fly. :( along with wishing for the mentor I want to show up.

Ultimadrago

Hm, while I enjoyed the first one, I'll hold off on this until a list of improvements are set. The visuals seem like a no-go so far and I'm guessing the stupid MMO-style hubs are remaining too.

Actual trailer none too great yeah, but...

Dodoria and Zarbon seem to be in, and with Future Trunks' origin it seems they'll expand on canon content as much as they will the movie stuff. Also appears to be an overhauled hub area, with the ability to fly now - was always one of my annoyances with the first game's. What I'm curious about here is the extent to which they will or won't maintain a continuous plot from the previous. On the one hand, retreading the same story beats has been a Dragonball Z game staple since, well, there have been Dragonball Z games, but on the other hand I kinda feel like that would be the easy way out when they've literally got the whole alternate timelines thing going for them.

the phrase "Outcomes You Wished Were Different" sticks out to me.

Kouriozan

Skipped the first one because it had some big cons like being grind heavy and stuff, really hope this one will be better.

J-Skee

I didn't play the first Xenoverse. Is the gameplay as good as Budokai 3? I still hail that as the best DBZ fighter.

Sephzilla

For the sake of discussion, here's all of the issues I hope get addressed in Xenoverse 2
  • Tone done the RNG a lot. The first game's RNG was fucking crazy.
  • Make the combat a little deeper and more balanced.
  • Bigger and more destructible arenas
  • Get rid of that hyper armor bullshit that the AI always had in the later fights
  • Make androids a playable race
  • Give Saiyans actual Super Saiyan hairstyles instead of just making their hair gold
  • More Saiyan transformations - I think Xenoverse capped at SSJ2?
  • Freiza race should be able to transform considering Freiza had 4 forms in DBZ and now 1 more in Super
  • More transformation states in general would be nice. I think everyone besides Saiyans was restricted to Kaio-Ken
  • Beam clashes, please!

Guymelef

Makes me a little angry they still use the "XV" logo even though it was originally used to both shorten "XenoVerse" and as the roman number 15, since XenoVerse was the fifteenth Dragon Ball game on consoles.

Should have called it "Dragonball Xenoverse: Invasion" aka XVI, as a collegue of mine suggested D:
What?

Tizoc

I skipped on xv1 but will get this if the gameplay is better and i can have tfs nappa as my character's voice

I really liked the trailer, I'm hyped! I just wish the graphical style wasn't the same as the first game and looked like the CG instead.

I didn't play the first Xenoverse. Is the gameplay as good as Budokai 3? I still hail that as the best DBZ fighter.
It is hard to compare because it plays more like the Tenkaichi games, but I like the combat better than Tenkaichi
That was fast.

I expected movie content, but no Super content is a bit of a surprise. Hopefully we get more TFS voices.
It's a teaser so I wouldn't judge it quite yet. E3 is when we will get a full trailer. This is just to hype up for E3.

Kneefoil

Hopefully they flesh out the fighting mechanics. Xenoverse got kind of dull even before I realised how broken Super Saiyan transformation was. If it's still mostly the same though, I'll probably skip the sequel. Although, the first game had a slew of other issues I would like to see fixed as well, but I feel like that was the biggest issue with the first Xenoverse.

Bummer that the plot will be more or less the same as well, although I did expect them to recycle Towa messing with the past the same way as she did previously.

f@luS

More than a member.
Hope for 60fps this time. It's a fighting game.
I need to see what's new really because as of now you could just add U6 characters to the first one and it covers everything .... Ssb are already in it

Lgndryhr

You didn't miss anything. Like the Tenkaichi series, the gameplay takes a backseat to fan service. Nothing has been as fun as Budokai 3 except Burst Limit. That was my favorite since Budokai series, but we never got a sequel. :-/

Top Bottom