• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 - Announcement Trailer | PS4, XB1, PC

Dereck

Visuals look rough, not noticing any differences between what I saw in that trailer and perhaps Xenoverse on PS3.

Weebos

Banned
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the first one, but I definitely hit a wall somewhere in the Cell saga. Hopefully you won't need to grind as much / I get better.

Man that trailer was pretty bad. Thought we were gonna see something new in terms of gameplay for some reason. Hopefully they built on XV1 and made it better. I loved the first one.

Hopefully the RNG for skills isn't bullshit anymore as well.

Revven

It's gonna have another season pass isn't it? :/

It will. Expect it. The season pass for the first game did extremely well, as evidenced by the fact Storm 4 had a season pass (albeit of much worse value in comparison). I've no doubt in my mind XV2 will have a season pass.

Oh, speaking of DLC, what are everyone's bets the pre-order/day 1 edition DLC will be this time? I'd laugh if it was a Super character, oh man, the outrage would be unreal.

Please don't tell me we're going to do the same events AGAIN cause thats what it looks like like. I was hoping the second one would focus on the movies, GT, or/and Super. Loved the first game but if we're just gonna do the same thing again I'm not in day one like I was for the first

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

seriously. After how awesome Xenoverse 1 was, I was craving for more and now we're getting it!!! Thank the dragonballs

Dereck

I'm quite impressed at just how far DIMPS can push the PS2.
FsgtzoU.gif

Looks like more of the same, so I'm out unless the combat's significantly improved. I'll stick to Tenkaichi 3 on Dolphin if it hasn't

TreIII

I'd be disappointed if the U6 characters weren't at least DLC.

I'd certainly welcome it, but I guess I'm reserving my expectations because at least with last time, BoG had already come out, and RoF was around the corner. So it made sense for Beerus to show up.

Unless I'm mistaken, Super hasn't officially started airing anywhere in the Western market and still no sign yet as to when that much will change.

Tizoc said:
Tfs cell is sexiest cell after norio wakamoto

Agreed.

"KO! I win! Perfect~!"

DedValve

Banned
Really want more of the second half with lovely animation and visuals.

Also hoping they make the controls more refined and basic while also making the gameplay more fun and dynamic.

As it stands its a little to simple and a little to hard/weird/unfun to control.

EDIT: I also want more story. Please lets not repeate Xenoverse 1 even though the trailer heavily gave that off. I know there's not a lot you can do with DBZ being restricted to the same characters but it would be awesome if we could have a bunch of what if scenarios based on our time travel shenanigans.

ElFly

Wait, what happens to Time Patrol Trunks if he goes and saves Gohan during the history of Gohan movie.

Hope they do that instead of the inane let Gohan die for reasons

Jeffrey

this is bandai so it's probably gonna be mostly a reskin of 1 with modifications gameplay wise.

With 1 basically being a pseudo mmo, should would be nice if you could transfer over your stuff from 1.

Otherwise, unless the gameplay is drastically changed/improved, I see no reason to do the same grind for the same shit again. Wish they'd do a new IP using this formula.

Caayn

Good.

Enjoyed the first game, bit disappointed that the graphics don't look as good as they should.

Wishes for part 2: Bigger roster, less emphasis on grinding and RNG loot, let us select the arena when playing splitscreen, improved fighting mechanics.

Tsunamo

Please don't tell me we're going to do the same events AGAIN cause thats what it looks like like. I was hoping the second one would focus on the movies, GT, or/and Super. Loved the first game but if we're just gonna do the same thing again I'm not in say one like I was for the first
Well the teaser site has movie (including Dragon Balls ones), GT, and a couple of Super posters, and we have Lord Slug in the trailer, along with The History of Trunks (that weren't in the original game) so I don't just think it'll be a retread of the originals content.
prefer this

SuHUqyn.gif
Future Gohans death gets me everytime ;_;

I'm quite impressed at just how far DIMPS can push the PS2.

I wouldn't be mad if it meant ambitious physics and destruction system. Who am I kidding, Xenoverse ran at 30 fps on current gen. It's painfully obvious this game is current gen only for marketing purpose. It could've ran on last gen like Xenoverse did.

patchday

Man I really enjoyed the first Xenoverse but the grind was out of this world if you want to get custom powers and clothes for your character. Did enjoy the single player though

So if I bought it- would only be for the single player which means I'll probably wait for a sale. Cause screw that awful RNG system they got.

I wouldn't be mad if it meant ambitious physics and destruction system. Who am I kidding, Xenoverse ran at 30 fps on current gen. It's painfully obvious this game is current gen only for marketing purpose. It could've ran on last gen like Xenoverse did.

Last gen Xenoverse ran pretty poorly, and if the hub is anything to go by they might be expanding lots of stuff in a lot of ways. The visuals may be the same, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other reasons that it is only current gen.
The annoying thing is it probably could if the shader wasn't some weird-ass gradient mush. The art style is more at fault than technicalities.
I mean the CG scenes are using the same models, so really the game could look like that minus the perfect IQ if they just changed the shader.

DedValve

Banned
What if - Future Gohan never died
What if - Freeza was a good guy
What if - Future Trunks turned evil
What if - Cell won and lived until the buu saga
What if - the saiyans never died

GIve me more random what ifs. Those where the best part of budokai 2.

Last gen Xenoverse ran pretty poorly, and if the hub is anything to go by they might be expanding lots of stuff in a lot of ways. The visuals may be the same, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other reasons that it is only current gen.
I mean the CG scenes are using the same models, so really the game could look like that minus the perfect IQ if they just changed the shader.

As I said, unless the destruction system has changed, I see nothing which would show it was meant for current gen only.

Top Bottom